I am going to Guatemala in Jan/Feb with a couple of friends. I have already sent money ahead for some hotels and others will take USD. We are going to either get money once we are there or bring some with us. What do you suggest? What is the easiest way changing money or using the ATM. I have read some posts where the ATMS are not always working. Also should we take dollars for tips ect. or do they prefer their own currency. Thanks
money in Guatemala
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 2 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 3 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 4 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 5 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 6 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 7 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 8 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 9 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 10 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 11 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 12 Belize Itinerary help!
- 13 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 14 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 15 Costa Rica Travel
- 16 Planning Mexico by February
- 17 Costa Rica best river rafting company
- 18 Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua or Costa Rica for a photography buff?
- 19 A Week in Montezuma
- 20 Mexico City Restaurant Recommendations
- 21 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 22 Book set in Panama
- 23 Puerto Vallarta trip Nov 2014
- 24 THE WESTIN LAGUNAMAR OCEAN RESORT VILLAS & SPA, CANCUN
- 25 Rental car at Liberia Airport