We are taking our first trip to Guatemala next week and are very excited about this adventure. I am concerned about how to handle money. I have read about the ATM machines in Antigua which makes me leery of all ATM transactions. Would the machines in the airport be safe? How about in banks? Most of our trip has not been prepaid, so we will be needing quite a lot of money for our 10 days. I was thinking of good old Traveler Checks. Are they widely accepted? I also heard that most hotels and restaurants put a surcharge on credit card use. Is that correct? Any help you can give me would be appreciated.
Money in Guatemala
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 2 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 3 Costa Rica trip in March
- 4 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 5 Cabo San Lucas
- 6 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 7 Safety in Nicaragua
- 8 Roatan advice
- 9 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 10 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 11 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 12 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 13 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 14 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 15 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 16 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?
- 17 Help on Rental Car Advice
- 18 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 19 Breakfast in Mexico City
- 20 Cabo snorkeling with a Giant Whale Shark!!!!!
- 21 best puerto vallarta resort/hotel --not all-inclusive
- 22 Honeymoon Planning for mexico in February 2014
- 23 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 24 Backpack vs Wheels
- 25 1st time to Costa Rica