We are taking our first trip to Guatemala next week and are very excited about this adventure. I am concerned about how to handle money. I have read about the ATM machines in Antigua which makes me leery of all ATM transactions. Would the machines in the airport be safe? How about in banks? Most of our trip has not been prepaid, so we will be needing quite a lot of money for our 10 days. I was thinking of good old Traveler Checks. Are they widely accepted? I also heard that most hotels and restaurants put a surcharge on credit card use. Is that correct? Any help you can give me would be appreciated.
Money in Guatemala
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 2 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 3 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 4 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 5 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 6 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 7 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 8 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 9 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 10 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 11 Belize Itinerary help!
- 12 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 13 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 14 Costa Rica Travel
- 15 Planning Mexico by February
- 16 Costa Rica best river rafting company
- 17 Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua or Costa Rica for a photography buff?
- 18 A Week in Montezuma
- 19 Mexico City Restaurant Recommendations
- 20 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 21 Book set in Panama
- 22 Puerto Vallarta trip Nov 2014
- 23 THE WESTIN LAGUNAMAR OCEAN RESORT VILLAS & SPA, CANCUN
- 24 Rental car at Liberia Airport
- 25 Private Driver needed SJO to Limon