We are taking our first trip to Guatemala next week and are very excited about this adventure. I am concerned about how to handle money. I have read about the ATM machines in Antigua which makes me leery of all ATM transactions. Would the machines in the airport be safe? How about in banks? Most of our trip has not been prepaid, so we will be needing quite a lot of money for our 10 days. I was thinking of good old Traveler Checks. Are they widely accepted? I also heard that most hotels and restaurants put a surcharge on credit card use. Is that correct? Any help you can give me would be appreciated.
Money in Guatemala
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 2 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 3 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 4 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 5 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 6 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 7 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 8 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 9 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 10 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 13 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 14 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 15 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 16 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 17 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 18 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 19 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 20 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 21 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 22 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City
- 23 Looking for a resort similar to excellence playa Mujeres
- 24 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 25 Driving adventure