We are taking our first trip to Guatemala next week and are very excited about this adventure. I am concerned about how to handle money. I have read about the ATM machines in Antigua which makes me leery of all ATM transactions. Would the machines in the airport be safe? How about in banks? Most of our trip has not been prepaid, so we will be needing quite a lot of money for our 10 days. I was thinking of good old Traveler Checks. Are they widely accepted? I also heard that most hotels and restaurants put a surcharge on credit card use. Is that correct? Any help you can give me would be appreciated.
Money in Guatemala
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 What area in Mexico is safe for kids with calm beautiful beaches?
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 4 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 5 Bus from SJO to San Jose , Costa Rica
- 6 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 7 Getting to Tortuguero -- worth the trip?
- 8 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 9 Costa Rica and Panama by Gate1Travel
- 10 Somewhere hot!
- 11 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 12 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 13 Back From Puerto Vallarta
- 14 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 15 Cancun-discounts.com
- 16 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 17 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 18 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 19 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 20 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 21 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 22 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 23 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 24 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 25 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old