Thank you so much for your help. After so many really helpful suggestions, I decided to create an itinerary with the cities that i'm going. Just a little overview.
I am 32 and my wife 28, we are planning to go the last wed of July for a little more than 3 weeks, I am interested in history, ruins, beach and activities. So is my wife, but she is really looking forward to the beach part. So this is my itinerary. Please let me know what you guys think.
Also, would you guys recommend a guide book for specific cities? When I went to Europe I used Rick Steves guide, and i really liked the self guided walking tours, any recommendation like that for the cities I'm visiting?
Mexico city 6 days
Puebla 2 days
Oaxaca 3 days
Merida 3 days (one day to celestum)
Chichen Itza 1 day
Valladolid 1 day
Playa Del Carmen 5 days (including going to akumal, cenote, xcaret, atv tour)
Cancun 2 days (staying in an all inclusive, never been, wife really wants it)
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 Costa rica help
- 4 car rental companies
- 5 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 6 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 7 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 8 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 9 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 10 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo