Thank you so much for your help. After so many really helpful suggestions, I decided to create an itinerary with the cities that i'm going. Just a little overview.
I am 32 and my wife 28, we are planning to go the last wed of July for a little more than 3 weeks, I am interested in history, ruins, beach and activities. So is my wife, but she is really looking forward to the beach part. So this is my itinerary. Please let me know what you guys think.
Also, would you guys recommend a guide book for specific cities? When I went to Europe I used Rick Steves guide, and i really liked the self guided walking tours, any recommendation like that for the cities I'm visiting?
Mexico city 6 days
Puebla 2 days
Oaxaca 3 days
Merida 3 days (one day to celestum)
Chichen Itza 1 day
Valladolid 1 day
Playa Del Carmen 5 days (including going to akumal, cenote, xcaret, atv tour)
Cancun 2 days (staying in an all inclusive, never been, wife really wants it)
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Traveling to Central America
- 2 NEED HELP WITH DAY OF THE DEAD AND BUTTERFLIES TRIP
- 3 Uncrowded Experience in Yucatan
- 4 Guatemala trip tribute Part II
- 5 30th wedding anniversary trip planning - Mexico
- 6 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 7 Two active couples looking for accommodations in Costa Rica
- 8 Costa Rica - Staying in Playa Hermosa??
- 9 Guanajuato
- 10 Costa Rica January
- 11 Need a 2 bedroom hotel room in Historical district
- 12 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 13 Shopping
- 14 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 15 Yucatan travel guide recommendations
- 16 Driving in Belize
- 17 Mexico itinerary for 8-9 days
- 18 Guatemala trip tribute Part I
- 19 Roatan
- 20 Mexico City and...?
- 21 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 22 Isla Mujeres over Thanksgiving
- 23 First time to cabo helP??
- 24 driving colorado to costa rica
- 25 6 months - too much?