Thank you so much for your help. After so many really helpful suggestions, I decided to create an itinerary with the cities that i'm going. Just a little overview.
I am 32 and my wife 28, we are planning to go the last wed of July for a little more than 3 weeks, I am interested in history, ruins, beach and activities. So is my wife, but she is really looking forward to the beach part. So this is my itinerary. Please let me know what you guys think.
Also, would you guys recommend a guide book for specific cities? When I went to Europe I used Rick Steves guide, and i really liked the self guided walking tours, any recommendation like that for the cities I'm visiting?
Mexico city 6 days
Puebla 2 days
Oaxaca 3 days
Merida 3 days (one day to celestum)
Chichen Itza 1 day
Valladolid 1 day
Playa Del Carmen 5 days (including going to akumal, cenote, xcaret, atv tour)
Cancun 2 days (staying in an all inclusive, never been, wife really wants it)
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Zika and Baja California ( La Paz, Mexico)
- 2 Trip report: Costa Rica natural highlights
- 3 international calling cards
- 4 Archaeological tours
- 5 moving to mexico
- 6 Driving USA to Guatemala
- 7 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 8 moving to mexico
- 9 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 10 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 11 Guanajuato
- 12 Cancun All inclusive
- 13 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 14 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 15 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 16 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 17 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 18 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 19 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 20 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 21 girls getaway
- 22 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 23 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 24 First time CR intinerary help
- 25 Costa Rica family vacation - December