Thank you so much for your help. After so many really helpful suggestions, I decided to create an itinerary with the cities that i'm going. Just a little overview.
I am 32 and my wife 28, we are planning to go the last wed of July for a little more than 3 weeks, I am interested in history, ruins, beach and activities. So is my wife, but she is really looking forward to the beach part. So this is my itinerary. Please let me know what you guys think.
Also, would you guys recommend a guide book for specific cities? When I went to Europe I used Rick Steves guide, and i really liked the self guided walking tours, any recommendation like that for the cities I'm visiting?
Mexico city 6 days
Puebla 2 days
Oaxaca 3 days
Merida 3 days (one day to celestum)
Chichen Itza 1 day
Valladolid 1 day
Playa Del Carmen 5 days (including going to akumal, cenote, xcaret, atv tour)
Cancun 2 days (staying in an all inclusive, never been, wife really wants it)
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 2 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 3 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 4 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 5 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 6 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 7 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 8 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 9 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 10 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 13 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 14 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 15 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 16 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 17 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 18 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 19 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 20 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 21 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 22 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City
- 23 Looking for a resort similar to excellence playa Mujeres
- 24 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 25 Driving adventure