Thank you so much for your help. After so many really helpful suggestions, I decided to create an itinerary with the cities that i'm going. Just a little overview.
I am 32 and my wife 28, we are planning to go the last wed of July for a little more than 3 weeks, I am interested in history, ruins, beach and activities. So is my wife, but she is really looking forward to the beach part. So this is my itinerary. Please let me know what you guys think.
Also, would you guys recommend a guide book for specific cities? When I went to Europe I used Rick Steves guide, and i really liked the self guided walking tours, any recommendation like that for the cities I'm visiting?
Mexico city 6 days
Puebla 2 days
Oaxaca 3 days
Merida 3 days (one day to celestum)
Chichen Itza 1 day
Valladolid 1 day
Playa Del Carmen 5 days (including going to akumal, cenote, xcaret, atv tour)
Cancun 2 days (staying in an all inclusive, never been, wife really wants it)
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 2 Costa Rica
- 3 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 4 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 5 reliable car rental company??
- 6 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 7 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 8 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 9 Homestay
- 10 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 11 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 12 Planning a trip to Panama
- 13 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 14 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 15 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 16 best air route san diego to san jose
- 17 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 18 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 19 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 20 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 21 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 22 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam
- 23 Puerto Vallarta
- 24 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 25 Panama or Costa Rica?