Thank you so much for your help. After so many really helpful suggestions, I decided to create an itinerary with the cities that i'm going. Just a little overview.
I am 32 and my wife 28, we are planning to go the last wed of July for a little more than 3 weeks, I am interested in history, ruins, beach and activities. So is my wife, but she is really looking forward to the beach part. So this is my itinerary. Please let me know what you guys think.
Also, would you guys recommend a guide book for specific cities? When I went to Europe I used Rick Steves guide, and i really liked the self guided walking tours, any recommendation like that for the cities I'm visiting?
Mexico city 6 days
Puebla 2 days
Oaxaca 3 days
Merida 3 days (one day to celestum)
Chichen Itza 1 day
Valladolid 1 day
Playa Del Carmen 5 days (including going to akumal, cenote, xcaret, atv tour)
Cancun 2 days (staying in an all inclusive, never been, wife really wants it)
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 mayan ruins family trip
- 2 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 3 travel blog Costa Rica, Aruba and more
- 4 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 5 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 6 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 7 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 8 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 9 How safe is driving a car through Mexico
- 10 Playa del Carmen
- 11 Cancun - may or JUne 2015
- 12 Help us find the perfect AI Resort
- 13 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 14 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 15 Mexico
- 16 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 17 Trip ideas needed please
- 18 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 19 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 20 Monterrey, Mexico Safety
- 21 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 22 Work Exchanges in Costa Rica? Please help!
- 23 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 24 Cozumel Diving & Possible Terrible Weather: To change dates or not?
- 25 Costa Rica experts: ideas needed for 2 days pre- and post- cycling trip.