We are passing by Los Angeles to attend the Las Vegas CES Show on January 2013. We have 4 nights to spare before heading to Las Vegas and we would like to spend time instead in Mexico or Central America-- somewhere not too far from Los Angeles as we are flying from Philippines.
1.) we are not interested in beaches. We have tons from where we come from
2.) we like to see and experience culture, city life, some ancient history
3.) we only have a maximum of 4 nights to spend in that city
4.) we are in early thirties, couple, who runs our own business. We do not like cruises (we considered the carnival cruise but it looks boring)
we are now debating if we should just stay in LA, but we have been doing this for the past 3 years and have not been to Mexico/Central/South America. We take this trip once a year for the consumer show.
Any help and suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Mexico from Los Angeles Layover, best part to explore?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 2 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 3 Mexico City, DF Restaurant
- 4 Hopefulist in Guatemala (again) 2014
- 5 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 6 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 7 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 8 Mex City Restaurant
- 9 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 10 Guidebook for Oaxaca
- 11 costa rica in two weeks
- 12 Airport policy for departures in Costa Rica
- 13 Cancun Hotel
- 14 Any recommendations for activities or adventures for kids in Riviera Maya
- 15 When to go to the Yucatán or to Puerta Vallarta
- 16 Cuernavaca
- 17 sales tax in Mexico
- 18 Alamo Car rental Liberia Costa Rica
- 19 Guide to Nicaraguan festivals and events
- 20 Labor Day Weekend Trip to Mexico
- 21 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 22 Oaxaca City, MX guide recomendation
- 23 costa rica logistics
- 24 Hotel suggestions
- 25 Hotel Alma de Pacifico