We are passing by Los Angeles to attend the Las Vegas CES Show on January 2013. We have 4 nights to spare before heading to Las Vegas and we would like to spend time instead in Mexico or Central America-- somewhere not too far from Los Angeles as we are flying from Philippines.
1.) we are not interested in beaches. We have tons from where we come from
2.) we like to see and experience culture, city life, some ancient history
3.) we only have a maximum of 4 nights to spend in that city
4.) we are in early thirties, couple, who runs our own business. We do not like cruises (we considered the carnival cruise but it looks boring)
we are now debating if we should just stay in LA, but we have been doing this for the past 3 years and have not been to Mexico/Central/South America. We take this trip once a year for the consumer show.
Any help and suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Mexico from Los Angeles Layover, best part to explore?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 2 Drive La Fortuna to Puerto Jiminez
- 3 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 4 Best Tour for Wildlife (Jaco, Manuel Antonio Region)
- 5 cabo san lucas - nicer hotel recs/golf
- 6 Where in CR to spend 1 or 2 mos. w/ kids?
- 7 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 8 Shared shuttle from MEX to San Miguel de Allende (and back)?
- 9 Roadtrip Arizona
- 10 Monteverde and Dominical--Doable??
- 11 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 12 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 13 10 Days in Belize and Guatemala
- 14 Belize, first time
- 15 driving question
- 16 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 17 Car Rental Cancun and Tulum
- 18 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 19 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 20 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 21 Departure tax
- 22 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 23 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 24 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 25 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua