We are passing by Los Angeles to attend the Las Vegas CES Show on January 2013. We have 4 nights to spare before heading to Las Vegas and we would like to spend time instead in Mexico or Central America-- somewhere not too far from Los Angeles as we are flying from Philippines.
1.) we are not interested in beaches. We have tons from where we come from
2.) we like to see and experience culture, city life, some ancient history
3.) we only have a maximum of 4 nights to spend in that city
4.) we are in early thirties, couple, who runs our own business. We do not like cruises (we considered the carnival cruise but it looks boring)
we are now debating if we should just stay in LA, but we have been doing this for the past 3 years and have not been to Mexico/Central/South America. We take this trip once a year for the consumer show.
Any help and suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 from arenal to la Poaz waterfall to san jose in a day?
- 2 Where to Spend 10 Days in June/July! Central v. South America
- 3 Rain in Rivera Maya How bad is the weather in June.
- 4 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 5 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 6 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 7 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 8 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 9 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 10 help from a Panamanian
- 11 What to do in Costa Rica when it rains?
- 12 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 13 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 14 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 15 Costa Rica car rental insurance nightmare
- 16 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 17 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 18 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 19 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 20 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 21 Music Video
- 22 July Adventure
- 23 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 24 Guatemala trip in August?
- 25 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?