Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Mexico City, Cartagena and Bogotá. Didn’t care for Bogotá, liked Cartagena and LOVED Mexico City. Hope you like it, find it helpful.
TRIP REPORT / PHOTO JOURNAL:
• Stay at Red Tree House, one of the most charming hotels I’ve found
• Hang-out in Condesa at night
• Reserve at least a day for wandering through Chapultepec Park
• Get contemporary at the Museo de Arte Moderno
• Relax at the Libreria Porrua (Chapultepec Park)
• See how the other half live in Polanco
• Visit the Soumaya Museum
• Don’t miss Centro Historico: the Palacio de Correos (post office) for its architecture, the Alameda Central park for its energy, the Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral for its organ, the Templo Mayor for the culture and the National Palace for the Diego Rivera murals
• Walk the ramparts at dusk
• Visit the Castillo San Felipe de Barajas
• Have a drink at Café del Mar
• Stay at the Santa Clara (if money is not a factor)
• And most of all, explore the Getsemaní neighborhood for a glimpse of real life
• Wander through La Candeleria (but know the boundaries)
• See the candy-striped El Carmen Church (La Candeleria)
• Seek-out the crazy watermelon-colored zigzag house (La Candeleria)
• Ride the funicular up to Monserrate
• Take the local bus to the Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 3rd-10th april
- 2 May in Central America
- 3 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...
- 4 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 5 Ixtapa Zihua safety
- 6 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 7 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 8 8 Night Trip to Belize
- 9 Four night is PV
- 10 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 11 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 12 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 13 San Miguel
- 14 Oaxaca in march
- 15 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 16 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 17 Snorkeling trips
- 18 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 19 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 20 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 21 best new site in costa rica
- 22 Tikal, Guatemala
- 23 Progreso, Yucatàn
- 24 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 25 Costa Rica Itinerary Help Needed
Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
Hi All –