About 6 years ago I traveled throughout Mexico and really liked the colonial towns of Guanajuato, Zacatecas and Campeche. Oaxaca, Queretaro, Merida, Morelia and San Miguel de Allende were also pleasant for me…but not ‘must-sees’ like Guanajuato, Zacatecas and Campeche. Anyway, I don’t know what to think about Mexico City & Guadalajara. I only passed through. I know they have colonial areas, but I also know they are Mexico’s biggest cities. So, overall, I don’t know whether they are among the country’s most attractive destinations or whether they are unattractive cities but with perhaps a small area with nice old colonial feel. What do you think? Also, how safe are these 2 cities to travel in nowadays? I am not Mexican and I’d simply want to walk around and see the sites.
Mexico City & Guadalajara: Safe & Attractive Tourist Destinations?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 2 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 3 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 4 Costa rica help
- 5 car rental companies
- 6 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 7 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 8 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 9 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 10 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo