After doing a lot of vacillating on where to spend our vacation, we've decided on 2 weeks in the Yucatan with close to half of it in the boonies of Xcalak so my husband can fly fish. I'm trying to get a feel for Merida itself (without possible day trips) and how long we'll want to stay there. I know most people really like it a lot, and I'd like to get a handle on how long I think we need to plan for our stay there. Other Cental or South American cities we've been to are Granada, Antigua, and Cusco. I know about how much time I felt was adequate for us in each of those places for us before we were ready to move on. Can any of you give me any comparisons between Merida and any of those places as far as general ambience, things to do, size etc.? The only other city in the Yucatan we've been to was Valladolid, and that for us was worth an hour or so stroll and a lunch in a nice hotel. Thanks.
Merida--Compare to Granada, Antigua or Cusco, & how much time for Merida?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Drive La Fortuna to Puerto Jiminez
- 2 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 3 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 4 Best Tour for Wildlife (Jaco, Manuel Antonio Region)
- 5 cabo san lucas - nicer hotel recs/golf
- 6 Where in CR to spend 1 or 2 mos. w/ kids?
- 7 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 8 Shared shuttle from MEX to San Miguel de Allende (and back)?
- 9 Roadtrip Arizona
- 10 Monteverde and Dominical--Doable??
- 11 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 12 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 13 10 Days in Belize and Guatemala
- 14 Belize, first time
- 15 driving question
- 16 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 17 Car Rental Cancun and Tulum
- 18 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 19 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 20 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 21 Departure tax
- 22 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 23 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 24 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 25 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua