After doing a lot of vacillating on where to spend our vacation, we've decided on 2 weeks in the Yucatan with close to half of it in the boonies of Xcalak so my husband can fly fish. I'm trying to get a feel for Merida itself (without possible day trips) and how long we'll want to stay there. I know most people really like it a lot, and I'd like to get a handle on how long I think we need to plan for our stay there. Other Cental or South American cities we've been to are Granada, Antigua, and Cusco. I know about how much time I felt was adequate for us in each of those places for us before we were ready to move on. Can any of you give me any comparisons between Merida and any of those places as far as general ambience, things to do, size etc.? The only other city in the Yucatan we've been to was Valladolid, and that for us was worth an hour or so stroll and a lunch in a nice hotel. Thanks.
Merida--Compare to Granada, Antigua or Cusco, & how much time for Merida?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 2 Car Rental in Panama
- 3 Copa Airlines?
- 4 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 5 Planning trip to Panama
- 6 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 7 Intercultura Samara Language School, and Safety in Samara
- 8 Belize
- 9 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 10 bicycle through central america
- 11 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 12 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 13 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 14 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 15 Panama
- 16 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 17 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 18 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 19 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 20 Costa Rica
- 21 Which of these locations?
- 22 Has anyone been to Tapalpa?
- 23 B & B in Oaxaca?
- 24 Dollar - Thriffty Terrible service, stealling money !!!
- 25 Renting a car in Cancun