After doing a lot of vacillating on where to spend our vacation, we've decided on 2 weeks in the Yucatan with close to half of it in the boonies of Xcalak so my husband can fly fish. I'm trying to get a feel for Merida itself (without possible day trips) and how long we'll want to stay there. I know most people really like it a lot, and I'd like to get a handle on how long I think we need to plan for our stay there. Other Cental or South American cities we've been to are Granada, Antigua, and Cusco. I know about how much time I felt was adequate for us in each of those places for us before we were ready to move on. Can any of you give me any comparisons between Merida and any of those places as far as general ambience, things to do, size etc.? The only other city in the Yucatan we've been to was Valladolid, and that for us was worth an hour or so stroll and a lunch in a nice hotel. Thanks.
Merida--Compare to Granada, Antigua or Cusco, & how much time for Merida?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 2 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 3 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 4 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 5 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 6 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 7 Mexico region question
- 8 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 9 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 10 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 11 Costa rica help
- 12 car rental companies
- 13 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 14 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 15 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 16 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 17 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 18 cozumel tennis
- 19 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 20 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 21 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 22 Baja California
- 23 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 24 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 25 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ