After doing a lot of vacillating on where to spend our vacation, we've decided on 2 weeks in the Yucatan with close to half of it in the boonies of Xcalak so my husband can fly fish. I'm trying to get a feel for Merida itself (without possible day trips) and how long we'll want to stay there. I know most people really like it a lot, and I'd like to get a handle on how long I think we need to plan for our stay there. Other Cental or South American cities we've been to are Granada, Antigua, and Cusco. I know about how much time I felt was adequate for us in each of those places for us before we were ready to move on. Can any of you give me any comparisons between Merida and any of those places as far as general ambience, things to do, size etc.? The only other city in the Yucatan we've been to was Valladolid, and that for us was worth an hour or so stroll and a lunch in a nice hotel. Thanks.
Merida--Compare to Granada, Antigua or Cusco, & how much time for Merida?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 2 Villahermosa, Tabasco to San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas
- 3 Playa del Carmen
- 4 Bicycle riding in La Pas Mexico
- 5 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 6 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 7 if we do bosque del cabo-where else can we go that is nearby?
- 8 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 9 tours to gatun locks panama
- 10 Panama in October
- 11 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 12 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 13 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 14 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 15 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 16 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 17 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 18 Monteverde from Liberia
- 19 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 20 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 21 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 22 mayan ruins family trip
- 23 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 24 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 25 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!