I am a moderately experienced traveler (some Europe, Australia, Puerto Rico, USVI, Bahamas) and love to explore. I will be going on my honeymoon in mid-May with my husband who has never left the country. I planned an amazing Spanish honeymoon, but then realized we should probably reign it in a little. We are now looking at a week in either the Caribbean or Central America and I need some suggestions.
We want snorkeling, spa time, exploration potential, shopping and time on the beach. I loved San Juan--the beach was small, but there was a rainforest, the lechoneros outside the city, walking to Old San Juan. I loved the USVI--being on St. Thomas and able to ferry to St. John. Unfortunately those are not options for this honeymoon.
From what I've read on the forums it looks like Turks & Caicos and Curacao are popular. As are Costa Rica and parts of Mexico. I want to avoid the Sandals vibe of St. Lucia. I would love some thoughts from recent travelers...
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Getting to Chelem from Merida Airport
- 2 live from PV !
- 3 Belize itinerary help
- 4 Help choosing Spanish course / immersion in Southern Mexico
- 5 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 6 Mexico
- 7 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 8 Belize planning help
- 9 Another Yucatan trip report
- 10 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 11 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 12 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 13 2017 SMA Trip
- 14 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 15 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 16 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 17 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 18 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 19 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 20 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 21 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 22 Bocas ??
- 23 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 24 San Luis Potosi & La Huasteca
- 25 Costa Rica Connection