I am a moderately experienced traveler (some Europe, Australia, Puerto Rico, USVI, Bahamas) and love to explore. I will be going on my honeymoon in mid-May with my husband who has never left the country. I planned an amazing Spanish honeymoon, but then realized we should probably reign it in a little. We are now looking at a week in either the Caribbean or Central America and I need some suggestions.
We want snorkeling, spa time, exploration potential, shopping and time on the beach. I loved San Juan--the beach was small, but there was a rainforest, the lechoneros outside the city, walking to Old San Juan. I loved the USVI--being on St. Thomas and able to ferry to St. John. Unfortunately those are not options for this honeymoon.
From what I've read on the forums it looks like Turks & Caicos and Curacao are popular. As are Costa Rica and parts of Mexico. I want to avoid the Sandals vibe of St. Lucia. I would love some thoughts from recent travelers...
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 2 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 3 Four night is PV
- 4 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 5 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 6 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 7 San Miguel
- 8 Oaxaca in march
- 9 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 10 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 11 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 12 Snorkeling trips
- 13 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 14 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 15 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 16 best new site in costa rica
- 17 Tikal, Guatemala
- 18 Progreso, Yucatàn
- 19 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 20 Costa Rica Itinerary Help Needed
- 21 Will anyone be in Oaxaca in February?
- 22 Resorts on the Yucatan Peninsula
- 23 Just back from Cancun, where were the Americans?
- 24 Monteverde Cloud Forest....tour suggestions!!!!
- 25 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun