I am a moderately experienced traveler (some Europe, Australia, Puerto Rico, USVI, Bahamas) and love to explore. I will be going on my honeymoon in mid-May with my husband who has never left the country. I planned an amazing Spanish honeymoon, but then realized we should probably reign it in a little. We are now looking at a week in either the Caribbean or Central America and I need some suggestions.
We want snorkeling, spa time, exploration potential, shopping and time on the beach. I loved San Juan--the beach was small, but there was a rainforest, the lechoneros outside the city, walking to Old San Juan. I loved the USVI--being on St. Thomas and able to ferry to St. John. Unfortunately those are not options for this honeymoon.
From what I've read on the forums it looks like Turks & Caicos and Curacao are popular. As are Costa Rica and parts of Mexico. I want to avoid the Sandals vibe of St. Lucia. I would love some thoughts from recent travelers...
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://supplementlab.org/gain-xt/
- 2 Renting Car along Riviera Maya
- 3 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 4 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 5 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 6 Our first family cruise, Cozumel
- 7 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 8 Please help with a one moth itinerary
- 9 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 10 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 11 Merida in March
- 12 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 13 Mexico in March - questions
- 14 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 15 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 16 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 17 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 18 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 19 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 20 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 21 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 22 travel in Yucatan
- 23 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 24 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 25 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize