There's a group of 6 of us flying into San Jose from July 6th to July 13th. The group is torn between the beach and the volcanos, but seeing as we have such little time, it's probably best to do one or the other.
I would also love recommendations for places to stay, things to do (I just know about hot springs and ziplining? and volcano hikes) , places to eat, which rental car agency we should go with.
We do have a budget which is unfortunate. The original plan was to say 4 nights in San Jose as Plane + hotels is about 600 per person from Chicago, but the fun places are 3 hours away right? We have a budget of about $700 per person for transportation and hotel costs. The plane ticket is around 500, so it leaves only 200 for hotel and car rental fees.
Let me know if we should just stay in the city, but I would really love to go to Arenal at the very least.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Legitimate Work at Home Jobs - Apply Now!
- 2 ATV's, Nightlife, and Poker Cancun
- 3 Private Driver/Assistant Cancun
- 4 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 5 Sayulita, Mexico Beaches and hotels
- 6 Activities in Costa Rica
- 7 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 8 beaches in El Salvador near a town
- 9 Gluten Free Belize
- 10 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 11 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 12 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 13 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 14 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 15 In Cancun right now..
- 16 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 17 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 18 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 19 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 20 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 21 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 22 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 23 Places to stay in Belize
- 24 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
- 25 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip