There's a group of 6 of us flying into San Jose from July 6th to July 13th. The group is torn between the beach and the volcanos, but seeing as we have such little time, it's probably best to do one or the other.
I would also love recommendations for places to stay, things to do (I just know about hot springs and ziplining? and volcano hikes) , places to eat, which rental car agency we should go with.
We do have a budget which is unfortunate. The original plan was to say 4 nights in San Jose as Plane + hotels is about 600 per person from Chicago, but the fun places are 3 hours away right? We have a budget of about $700 per person for transportation and hotel costs. The plane ticket is around 500, so it leaves only 200 for hotel and car rental fees.
Let me know if we should just stay in the city, but I would really love to go to Arenal at the very least.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 2 playa del carmen what to do
- 3 Panama Canal Excursions
- 4 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 5 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 6 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 7 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 8 Giving back to Mexio
- 9 2 months in Central America
- 10 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 11 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 12 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 13 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 14 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 15 Belize planning help
- 16 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 17 Excellent News!
- 18 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 19 Mexico earthquake
- 20 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 21 Cabo
- 22 Best plan - suggestions
- 23 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 24 Transport from Mexico City to San Miguel de Allende
- 25 Costa Rica or Belize?