There's a group of 6 of us flying into San Jose from July 6th to July 13th. The group is torn between the beach and the volcanos, but seeing as we have such little time, it's probably best to do one or the other.
I would also love recommendations for places to stay, things to do (I just know about hot springs and ziplining? and volcano hikes) , places to eat, which rental car agency we should go with.
We do have a budget which is unfortunate. The original plan was to say 4 nights in San Jose as Plane + hotels is about 600 per person from Chicago, but the fun places are 3 hours away right? We have a budget of about $700 per person for transportation and hotel costs. The plane ticket is around 500, so it leaves only 200 for hotel and car rental fees.
Let me know if we should just stay in the city, but I would really love to go to Arenal at the very least.
Manual Antonio or Arenal? 4 nights
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Drive La Fortuna to Puerto Jiminez
- 2 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 3 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 4 Best Tour for Wildlife (Jaco, Manuel Antonio Region)
- 5 cabo san lucas - nicer hotel recs/golf
- 6 Where in CR to spend 1 or 2 mos. w/ kids?
- 7 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 8 Shared shuttle from MEX to San Miguel de Allende (and back)?
- 9 Roadtrip Arizona
- 10 Monteverde and Dominical--Doable??
- 11 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 12 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 13 10 Days in Belize and Guatemala
- 14 Belize, first time
- 15 driving question
- 16 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 17 Car Rental Cancun and Tulum
- 18 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 19 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 20 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 21 Departure tax
- 22 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 23 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 24 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 25 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua