There's a group of 6 of us flying into San Jose from July 6th to July 13th. The group is torn between the beach and the volcanos, but seeing as we have such little time, it's probably best to do one or the other.
I would also love recommendations for places to stay, things to do (I just know about hot springs and ziplining? and volcano hikes) , places to eat, which rental car agency we should go with.
We do have a budget which is unfortunate. The original plan was to say 4 nights in San Jose as Plane + hotels is about 600 per person from Chicago, but the fun places are 3 hours away right? We have a budget of about $700 per person for transportation and hotel costs. The plane ticket is around 500, so it leaves only 200 for hotel and car rental fees.
Let me know if we should just stay in the city, but I would really love to go to Arenal at the very least.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 2 Need a 2 bedroom hotel room in Historical district
- 3 NEED HELP WITH DAY OF THE DEAD AND BUTTERFLIES TRIP
- 4 Traveling to Central America
- 5 Uncrowded Experience in Yucatan
- 6 Guatemala trip tribute Part II
- 7 30th wedding anniversary trip planning - Mexico
- 8 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 9 Two active couples looking for accommodations in Costa Rica
- 10 Costa Rica - Staying in Playa Hermosa??
- 11 Guanajuato
- 12 Costa Rica January
- 13 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 14 Shopping
- 15 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 16 Yucatan travel guide recommendations
- 17 Driving in Belize
- 18 Mexico itinerary for 8-9 days
- 19 Guatemala trip tribute Part I
- 20 Roatan
- 21 Mexico City and...?
- 22 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 23 Isla Mujeres over Thanksgiving
- 24 First time to cabo helP??
- 25 driving colorado to costa rica