There's a group of 6 of us flying into San Jose from July 6th to July 13th. The group is torn between the beach and the volcanos, but seeing as we have such little time, it's probably best to do one or the other.
I would also love recommendations for places to stay, things to do (I just know about hot springs and ziplining? and volcano hikes) , places to eat, which rental car agency we should go with.
We do have a budget which is unfortunate. The original plan was to say 4 nights in San Jose as Plane + hotels is about 600 per person from Chicago, but the fun places are 3 hours away right? We have a budget of about $700 per person for transportation and hotel costs. The plane ticket is around 500, so it leaves only 200 for hotel and car rental fees.
Let me know if we should just stay in the city, but I would really love to go to Arenal at the very least.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 EPSON@ Printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:68I:7208 Technical SUPP0RT CAre*
- 2 Best plan - suggestions
- 3 Long weekend in Costa Rica
- 4 Mexico City over Christmas
- 5 Family All inclusive Riviera Maya
- 6 Need Help with Costa Rica
- 7 Help! Should I go to Central America during the rainy season?
- 8 Accommodation near Urique and Posada Barrancas, Mexico
- 9 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 10 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 11 info needed on NW Mexico trip
- 12 Tulum Beachfront Lodging with Tweens
- 13 Cozumel airport transfers
- 14 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 15 Vacation choices
- 16 Puerto Vallarta
- 17 nicaragua-Rancho Santana
- 18 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 19 PV Questions about art, food, cooking classes!
- 20 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 21 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 22 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 23 Isla Holbox - where did you stay?
- 24 Olmec Colossal Heads
- 25 Tour Guide - Mexico City