There's a group of 6 of us flying into San Jose from July 6th to July 13th. The group is torn between the beach and the volcanos, but seeing as we have such little time, it's probably best to do one or the other.
I would also love recommendations for places to stay, things to do (I just know about hot springs and ziplining? and volcano hikes) , places to eat, which rental car agency we should go with.
We do have a budget which is unfortunate. The original plan was to say 4 nights in San Jose as Plane + hotels is about 600 per person from Chicago, but the fun places are 3 hours away right? We have a budget of about $700 per person for transportation and hotel costs. The plane ticket is around 500, so it leaves only 200 for hotel and car rental fees.
Let me know if we should just stay in the city, but I would really love to go to Arenal at the very least.
Manual Antonio or Arenal? 4 nights
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 2 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 3 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 4 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 5 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 6 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 7 Monteverde from Liberia
- 8 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 9 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 10 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 11 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 12 mayan ruins family trip
- 13 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 14 Playa del Carmen
- 15 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 16 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 17 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 18 Do I need an SUV for riviera maya vacation
- 19 Costa Rica Vacation
- 20 travel blog Costa Rica, Aruba and more
- 21 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 22 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 23 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 24 How safe is driving a car through Mexico
- 25 Cancun - may or JUne 2015