There's a group of 6 of us flying into San Jose from July 6th to July 13th. The group is torn between the beach and the volcanos, but seeing as we have such little time, it's probably best to do one or the other.
I would also love recommendations for places to stay, things to do (I just know about hot springs and ziplining? and volcano hikes) , places to eat, which rental car agency we should go with.
We do have a budget which is unfortunate. The original plan was to say 4 nights in San Jose as Plane + hotels is about 600 per person from Chicago, but the fun places are 3 hours away right? We have a budget of about $700 per person for transportation and hotel costs. The plane ticket is around 500, so it leaves only 200 for hotel and car rental fees.
Let me know if we should just stay in the city, but I would really love to go to Arenal at the very least.
Manual Antonio or Arenal? 4 nights
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 2 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 3 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 4 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 5 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 6 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 7 Mexico region question
- 8 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 9 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 10 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 11 Costa rica help
- 12 car rental companies
- 13 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 14 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 15 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 16 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 17 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 18 cozumel tennis
- 19 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 20 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 21 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 22 Baja California
- 23 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 24 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 25 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ