There's a group of 6 of us flying into San Jose from July 6th to July 13th. The group is torn between the beach and the volcanos, but seeing as we have such little time, it's probably best to do one or the other.
I would also love recommendations for places to stay, things to do (I just know about hot springs and ziplining? and volcano hikes) , places to eat, which rental car agency we should go with.
We do have a budget which is unfortunate. The original plan was to say 4 nights in San Jose as Plane + hotels is about 600 per person from Chicago, but the fun places are 3 hours away right? We have a budget of about $700 per person for transportation and hotel costs. The plane ticket is around 500, so it leaves only 200 for hotel and car rental fees.
Let me know if we should just stay in the city, but I would really love to go to Arenal at the very least.
Manual Antonio or Arenal? 4 nights
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cabo San Lucas
- 2 Bringing clothes and fabric to Puerto vallarta
- 3 Mexico City, DF Restaurant
- 4 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 5 Costa Rica for 9 days in Dec
- 6 tours to gatun locks panama
- 7 Trip ideas needed please
- 8 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 9 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 10 Hopefulist in Guatemala (again) 2014
- 11 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 12 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 13 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 14 Mex City Restaurant
- 15 Guidebook for Oaxaca
- 16 costa rica in two weeks
- 17 Airport policy for departures in Costa Rica
- 18 Cancun Hotel
- 19 Any recommendations for activities or adventures for kids in Riviera Maya
- 20 When to go to the Yucatán or to Puerta Vallarta
- 21 Cuernavaca
- 22 sales tax in Mexico
- 23 Alamo Car rental Liberia Costa Rica
- 24 Guide to Nicaraguan festivals and events
- 25 Labor Day Weekend Trip to Mexico