There's a group of 6 of us flying into San Jose from July 6th to July 13th. The group is torn between the beach and the volcanos, but seeing as we have such little time, it's probably best to do one or the other.
I would also love recommendations for places to stay, things to do (I just know about hot springs and ziplining? and volcano hikes) , places to eat, which rental car agency we should go with.
We do have a budget which is unfortunate. The original plan was to say 4 nights in San Jose as Plane + hotels is about 600 per person from Chicago, but the fun places are 3 hours away right? We have a budget of about $700 per person for transportation and hotel costs. The plane ticket is around 500, so it leaves only 200 for hotel and car rental fees.
Let me know if we should just stay in the city, but I would really love to go to Arenal at the very least.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/malexpro/
- 2 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 3 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 4 8 Night Trip to Belize
- 5 3rd-10th april
- 6 May in Central America
- 7 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...
- 8 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 9 Ixtapa Zihua safety
- 10 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 11 Four night is PV
- 12 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 13 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 14 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 15 San Miguel
- 16 Oaxaca in march
- 17 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 18 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 19 Snorkeling trips
- 20 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 21 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 22 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 23 best new site in costa rica
- 24 Tikal, Guatemala
- 25 Progreso, Yucatàn