My boyfriend and I are traveling to Malpais at the end of Feb for 5 nights (Sat - Thurs). This is our first time in CR and looking to you guys for some advice/suggestions. We are in our late 20's. Would be so appreciative of any help!
-We fly in to San Jose (arrive 9am local time) - do you recommend we take flight to Tambor or rent a car and drive? Whichever we decide we would also do on our way back Thurs (flight later in evening).
-We are staying at Casa Chameleon for the last 2 nights. Any recommendations on a hotel that is more "central" for the first 3 nights? I hear CC is far.
-How do people get around at night? Is it dangerous to drive back from dinner/bar in dark?
-We probably will want to do 1 (maybe 2 day trips). Given the fact that this is our first time, any recommendations?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize itinerary help
- 2 Help choosing Spanish course / immersion in Southern Mexico
- 3 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 4 Mexico
- 5 live from PV !
- 6 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 7 Belize planning help
- 8 Another Yucatan trip report
- 9 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 10 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 11 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 12 2017 SMA Trip
- 13 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 14 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 15 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 16 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 17 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 18 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 19 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 20 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 21 Bocas ??
- 22 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 23 San Luis Potosi & La Huasteca
- 24 Costa Rica Connection
- 25 Where to stay in Cayo District