My boyfriend and I are traveling to Malpais at the end of Feb for 5 nights (Sat - Thurs). This is our first time in CR and looking to you guys for some advice/suggestions. We are in our late 20's. Would be so appreciative of any help!
-We fly in to San Jose (arrive 9am local time) - do you recommend we take flight to Tambor or rent a car and drive? Whichever we decide we would also do on our way back Thurs (flight later in evening).
-We are staying at Casa Chameleon for the last 2 nights. Any recommendations on a hotel that is more "central" for the first 3 nights? I hear CC is far.
-How do people get around at night? Is it dangerous to drive back from dinner/bar in dark?
-We probably will want to do 1 (maybe 2 day trips). Given the fact that this is our first time, any recommendations?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 2 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 3 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 4 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 5 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 6 Non tourist beach in December
- 7 unsafe?
- 8 Driving in Mexico
- 9 Sending things back home.
- 10 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 11 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 12 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 13 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 14 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
- 15 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 16 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 17 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 18 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2016
- 19 White hair in Valladolid....
- 20 cenotes/yucatan peninsula
- 21 unsafer?
- 22 Gamboa Rainforest Resort alternative
- 23 Budget Belize
- 24 Suggestions for a quick trip to Belize
- 25 Costa Rica for business