My boyfriend and I are traveling to Malpais at the end of Feb for 5 nights (Sat - Thurs). This is our first time in CR and looking to you guys for some advice/suggestions. We are in our late 20's. Would be so appreciative of any help!
-We fly in to San Jose (arrive 9am local time) - do you recommend we take flight to Tambor or rent a car and drive? Whichever we decide we would also do on our way back Thurs (flight later in evening).
-We are staying at Casa Chameleon for the last 2 nights. Any recommendations on a hotel that is more "central" for the first 3 nights? I hear CC is far.
-How do people get around at night? Is it dangerous to drive back from dinner/bar in dark?
-We probably will want to do 1 (maybe 2 day trips). Given the fact that this is our first time, any recommendations?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 2 Where to Spend 10 Days in June/July! Central v. South America
- 3 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 4 help from a Panamanian
- 5 What to do in Costa Rica when it rains?
- 6 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 7 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 8 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 9 Costa Rica car rental insurance nightmare
- 10 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 11 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 12 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 13 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 14 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 15 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 16 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 17 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 18 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 19 Music Video
- 20 July Adventure
- 21 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 22 Guatemala trip in August?
- 23 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 24 Driving Central America
- 25 Nicaragua -- connection