My boyfriend and I are traveling to Malpais at the end of Feb for 5 nights (Sat - Thurs). This is our first time in CR and looking to you guys for some advice/suggestions. We are in our late 20's. Would be so appreciative of any help!
-We fly in to San Jose (arrive 9am local time) - do you recommend we take flight to Tambor or rent a car and drive? Whichever we decide we would also do on our way back Thurs (flight later in evening).
-We are staying at Casa Chameleon for the last 2 nights. Any recommendations on a hotel that is more "central" for the first 3 nights? I hear CC is far.
-How do people get around at night? Is it dangerous to drive back from dinner/bar in dark?
-We probably will want to do 1 (maybe 2 day trips). Given the fact that this is our first time, any recommendations?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Sad Sad Day for my favorite beach city
- 2 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 3 San Jose to Puerto Viejo Costa Rica and Hostel in San Jose
- 4 New to Travel is Costa Rica in Rainy Season
- 5 best AI Adult in Cancun and the Riviera
- 6 Guanajuato to Mexico City and Butterfly Sanctuary
- 7 Returning home
- 8 White hair in Valladolid....
- 9 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 10 Please help with my Yucatan itinerary
- 11 Uber in Panama
- 12 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 13 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 14 Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica
- 15 Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) Non AL suggestions
- 16 4 days in Belize
- 17 Belize trip report-April 3-10th
- 18 Belize in Aug 25-Sep3
- 19 Luxury hotel off the beaten path?
- 20 An Afternoon In Guadalajara
- 21 Sayulita in September
- 22 Tulum Ruins
- 23 5 day belize itinerary
- 24 2 weeks in Costa Rica: Go North or South?
- 25 Copper Canyon