We are going to Panama in a few weeks and want to visit the Panama Canal. Has anyone done the full canal transit? Is it worth spending the whole day traversing the canal and back? Part of me wants to complete the transit, but I am wondering if it is worthwhile or if it is just more of the same. I've also heard you can get the Canal experience just by having lunch overlooking the Miraflores locks. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ruta Puuc, Yucatan
- 2 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 3 Taking bus to Montevede,Costa Rica
- 4 Cancun tour guides/naturalisits
- 5 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 6 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 7 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 8 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 9 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 10 driving down through mexico
- 11 Things to do in Cabo
- 12 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 13 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 14 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 15 Planning a trip to Panama
- 16 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 17 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 18 Driving in Mexico
- 19 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 20 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 21 unsafe?
- 22 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 23 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 24 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 25 Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California