We are going to Panama in a few weeks and want to visit the Panama Canal. Has anyone done the full canal transit? Is it worth spending the whole day traversing the canal and back? Part of me wants to complete the transit, but I am wondering if it is worthwhile or if it is just more of the same. I've also heard you can get the Canal experience just by having lunch overlooking the Miraflores locks. Any thoughts?
Looking for opinions on full or partial Canal transit
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 best places in Baja
- 2 Beachfront in Tulum
- 3 Belize, first time
- 4 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 5 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 6 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 7 Costa Rica with young kids
- 8 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 9 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 10 Security in Oaxaca
- 11 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 12 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 13 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 14 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?
- 15 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 16 Things to do in Papagayo in the rainy season?
- 17 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 18 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 19 Exploring “Greece” in Costa Rica
- 20 cancun
- 21 Best 10 places in Cancun
- 22 Turtle rescue in Sayulita?
- 23 A budget beach area in Panama for 30day suggestions.
- 24 car rental companies
- 25 Best Starwood Resort for Families (Cancun Langunamar??)