We are looking to travel to the Cancun/ Maya Riviera area in July with my 18 year old son. This will be his graduation/going away gift as he is leaving for Army basic training in August. Its super important that he has a good time but I dont want to sacrifice quality & relaxation either
I dont have a big budget (approx $3000) and we are looking to stay for 4 nights/5 days. We are not against staying in Cancun but it seems that all the resorts are either very crowded or very centered on the party atmosphere. I realize my son can legally drink while in Mexico and that frightens me a bit. He can not seem to find a friend to bring with us so its important that we can go to a resort that offers a good teen program or at least has a lot to offer to young adults around his age so that he can meet some friends to hang out with when we are there. I have been researching for WEEKS and I have it narrowed down to these few resorts. If anyone can give their feedback I would be greatly appreciative. I am also open to any suggestions Keeping in mind my budget.
Barcelo Tropical & Colonial
Grand Palladium Kantenah
Crown Paradise Cancun
Looking for a AI resort that both teens & adults will enjoy!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 mayan ruins family trip
- 2 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 3 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 4 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 5 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 6 How safe is driving a car through Mexico
- 7 Playa del Carmen
- 8 Cancun - may or JUne 2015
- 9 Help us find the perfect AI Resort
- 10 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 11 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 12 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 13 Mexico
- 14 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 15 Trip ideas needed please
- 16 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 17 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 18 Monterrey, Mexico Safety
- 19 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 20 Work Exchanges in Costa Rica? Please help!
- 21 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 22 Cozumel Diving & Possible Terrible Weather: To change dates or not?
- 23 Costa Rica experts: ideas needed for 2 days pre- and post- cycling trip.
- 24 Los cabos in January
- 25 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec