We are looking to travel to the Cancun/ Maya Riviera area in July with my 18 year old son. This will be his graduation/going away gift as he is leaving for Army basic training in August. Its super important that he has a good time but I dont want to sacrifice quality & relaxation either
I dont have a big budget (approx $3000) and we are looking to stay for 4 nights/5 days. We are not against staying in Cancun but it seems that all the resorts are either very crowded or very centered on the party atmosphere. I realize my son can legally drink while in Mexico and that frightens me a bit. He can not seem to find a friend to bring with us so its important that we can go to a resort that offers a good teen program or at least has a lot to offer to young adults around his age so that he can meet some friends to hang out with when we are there. I have been researching for WEEKS and I have it narrowed down to these few resorts. If anyone can give their feedback I would be greatly appreciative. I am also open to any suggestions Keeping in mind my budget.
Barcelo Tropical & Colonial
Grand Palladium Kantenah
Crown Paradise Cancun
Looking for a AI resort that both teens & adults will enjoy!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 2 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 3 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 4 Cancun-discounts.com
- 5 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 6 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 7 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 8 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 9 Apartment Finders
- 10 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 13 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 14 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 15 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 16 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 17 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 18 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 19 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 20 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 21 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 22 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 23 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 24 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 25 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July