We are looking to travel to the Cancun/ Maya Riviera area in July with my 18 year old son. This will be his graduation/going away gift as he is leaving for Army basic training in August. Its super important that he has a good time but I dont want to sacrifice quality & relaxation either
I dont have a big budget (approx $3000) and we are looking to stay for 4 nights/5 days. We are not against staying in Cancun but it seems that all the resorts are either very crowded or very centered on the party atmosphere. I realize my son can legally drink while in Mexico and that frightens me a bit. He can not seem to find a friend to bring with us so its important that we can go to a resort that offers a good teen program or at least has a lot to offer to young adults around his age so that he can meet some friends to hang out with when we are there. I have been researching for WEEKS and I have it narrowed down to these few resorts. If anyone can give their feedback I would be greatly appreciative. I am also open to any suggestions Keeping in mind my budget.
Barcelo Tropical & Colonial
Grand Palladium Kantenah
Crown Paradise Cancun
Looking for a AI resort that both teens & adults will enjoy!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 4 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 5 Costa rica help
- 6 car rental companies
- 7 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 8 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 9 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 10 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 11 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 12 cozumel tennis
- 13 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 14 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 15 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 16 Baja California
- 17 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 18 Mexico region question
- 19 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 20 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 21 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 22 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 23 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 24 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 25 Semana Santa itinerary