I'm hoping to take my 9-year old son to the Lake Atitlan area in March.
I'm concerned about a couple of things:
1) We don't speak Spanish (hope to learn in the upcoming year). Will that be a major issue?
2) Which town around the lake would be best? We'd like to stay in a hotel with a pool, but nothing too touristy (don't think much around the area could be considered touristy anyway).
I'm also concerned about having enough for us to do to keep my son entertained.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Lake Atitlan, Guatemala advice needed
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 think twice before using expedia
- 2 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 3 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 4 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 5 best places in Baja
- 6 Beachfront in Tulum
- 7 Belize, first time
- 8 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 9 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 10 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 11 Costa Rica with young kids
- 12 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 13 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 14 Security in Oaxaca
- 15 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 16 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 17 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?
- 18 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 19 Things to do in Papagayo in the rainy season?
- 20 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 21 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 22 Exploring “Greece” in Costa Rica
- 23 cancun
- 24 Best 10 places in Cancun
- 25 Turtle rescue in Sayulita?