I'm hoping to take my 9-year old son to the Lake Atitlan area in March.
I'm concerned about a couple of things:
1) We don't speak Spanish (hope to learn in the upcoming year). Will that be a major issue?
2) Which town around the lake would be best? We'd like to stay in a hotel with a pool, but nothing too touristy (don't think much around the area could be considered touristy anyway).
I'm also concerned about having enough for us to do to keep my son entertained.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 2 Transportation from Airport to Panama City Hotel
- 3 playa del carmen what to do
- 4 My thought go out towards Mexicans
- 5 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 6 Airport Transfers from Los Cabos Airport
- 7 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 8 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 9 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 10 Panama Canal Excursions
- 11 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 12 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 13 Giving back to Mexio
- 14 2 months in Central America
- 15 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 16 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 17 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 18 Belize planning help
- 19 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 20 Excellent News!
- 21 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 22 Mexico earthquake
- 23 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 24 Cabo
- 25 Best plan - suggestions