I'm hoping to take my 9-year old son to the Lake Atitlan area in March.
I'm concerned about a couple of things:
1) We don't speak Spanish (hope to learn in the upcoming year). Will that be a major issue?
2) Which town around the lake would be best? We'd like to stay in a hotel with a pool, but nothing too touristy (don't think much around the area could be considered touristy anyway).
I'm also concerned about having enough for us to do to keep my son entertained.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Lake Atitlan, Guatemala advice needed
- 1 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 2 Surfing Baja: Aacapulquito, Zippers and the Rock
- 3 Driving
- 4 Driving around costa ica
- 5 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 6 Nice, child-friendly timeshare in Cancun/Playa del Carmen
- 7 Campeche anyone?
- 8 Travel Route in Costa Rica - Tamarindo, Arenal, MonteVerde, Manuel Antonio
- 9 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 10 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 11 Belize in August with teens
- 12 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 13 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 14 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 15 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 16 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 17 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala
- 18 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 19 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 20 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 21 AI in Cancun vicinity
- 22 Cancun day trips
- 23 Quick CR Trip Report
- 24 Notorized Letter of Consent
- 25 4 days before heading to Sandos Playacar