I've just returned from a three-week trip to El Salvador, including such venues as the Izalco volcano, Montecristo Cloud Forest, many costal regions (Salinitas, Los Cobanos, La Libertad) and Nahuatl Indian villages such as Quisnahuat (that spelling may be off).
My bases of operation were the sprawling capital San Salvador, the very warm western city of Sonsonate, the pleasant city of Santa Ana, and the on-edge town of Zacatecoluca. I spent a minimal amount of cash and ended up haggling over prices quite a bit with local merchants. That alone honed my sloppy spanish like a knife.
If anyone is interested in budget traveling through Central America, El Salvador in particular, or interested in El Salvador in general, I'd be happy to help out with advice and information. And hey, almost any travel situation is bearable if you know what to do: the national airline, Grupo Taca, lost all of my luggage and I had to make my way thorugh El Salvador with only the contents of my carry-on bag. Quite an experience.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 hp@ printer reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Aura in Cozumel all-inclusive?Anyone recently??
- 3 Help! Should I go to Central America during the rainy season?
- 4 Tulum Beachfront Lodging with Tweens
- 5 Family All inclusive Riviera Maya
- 6 Long weekend in Costa Rica
- 7 Best plan - suggestions
- 8 Mexico City over Christmas
- 9 Need Help with Costa Rica
- 10 Accommodation near Urique and Posada Barrancas, Mexico
- 11 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 12 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 13 info needed on NW Mexico trip
- 14 Cozumel airport transfers
- 15 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 16 Vacation choices
- 17 Puerto Vallarta
- 18 nicaragua-Rancho Santana
- 19 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 20 PV Questions about art, food, cooking classes!
- 21 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 22 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 23 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 24 Isla Holbox - where did you stay?
- 25 Olmec Colossal Heads