I've just returned from a three-week trip to El Salvador, including such venues as the Izalco volcano, Montecristo Cloud Forest, many costal regions (Salinitas, Los Cobanos, La Libertad) and Nahuatl Indian villages such as Quisnahuat (that spelling may be off).
My bases of operation were the sprawling capital San Salvador, the very warm western city of Sonsonate, the pleasant city of Santa Ana, and the on-edge town of Zacatecoluca. I spent a minimal amount of cash and ended up haggling over prices quite a bit with local merchants. That alone honed my sloppy spanish like a knife.
If anyone is interested in budget traveling through Central America, El Salvador in particular, or interested in El Salvador in general, I'd be happy to help out with advice and information. And hey, almost any travel situation is bearable if you know what to do: the national airline, Grupo Taca, lost all of my luggage and I had to make my way thorugh El Salvador with only the contents of my carry-on bag. Quite an experience.
Just Returned From El Salvador
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 2 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 3 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 4 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 5 Costa Rica first timers
- 6 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 7 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 8 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 9 think twice before using expedia
- 10 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 11 best places in Baja
- 12 Beachfront in Tulum
- 13 Belize, first time
- 14 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 15 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 16 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 17 Costa Rica with young kids
- 18 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 19 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 20 Security in Oaxaca
- 21 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 22 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 23 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?
- 24 Things to do in Papagayo in the rainy season?
- 25 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.