Apparantly the ATM s have been hacked into and it is not advisable to use them, especially in Antigua.. Presenting your card to the teller inside at BAM and actually watching him or her swipe your card might be ok. Also the banks in Antigua would only exchange $200 US a week for quetzales. Of course you can try more banks but the lines are long and after a long wait they may not exchange your dollars. Travelers checks are a thing of the past. Plan ahead but you might encounter some problems. We were in Antigua and Pana. Good luck! other than this our visit was fabulous!!!
Just back from Guatemala....a word of caution
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Pregnant and looking for a destination in Mexico or Central America
- 2 A Week in Montezuma
- 3 Looking for a hotel package that includes both beach and rainforest
- 4 Best Places to Visit in Mexico
- 5 time needed to depart San Jose airport
- 6 Costa Rica at Christmas?
- 7 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 8 Renting a car in Cancun
- 9 First trip to Ajijic-Advice Needed
- 10 Yucatan - April 2015 Mayan Ruin week trip - Need help planning
- 11 Unreliable www.cancuntransfers.com - DO NOT USE their service
- 12 best hotel for family traveling with young adults in Panama City
- 13 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 14 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 15 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 16 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 17 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 18 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 19 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 20 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 21 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 22 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 23 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 24 Belize Itinerary help!
- 25 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico