I've been bouncing around here and TripAdvisor trying to plan my upcoming honeymoon in July, early August. I initially wanted to do a nice resort but, we've decided that we want privacy. Ideal situation:
Budget including airefare: $5,000 - $5500
Caribbean or Mexican Caribbean
Leaving from Chicago, IL USA
Near enough to grocery store to stock up for a few cooked meals
Snorkeling or other activities if we like
Able to walk around in the "buff" and enjoy the sun if the urge strikes
Living space has kitchen, hot-tub, shower, A/C
I'm not sure how realistic this is but that's the idea, we want to be able to forget the stresses of wedding planning and enjoy 7-10 days (including travel) of warm sunny bliss. We don't want to be in a touristy area
I saw some listing on VRBO but, am leary about that as a first time Caribbean trip and it being our honeymoon, not opposed though.
Thanks in advance
July-August secluded honeymoon destination on a budget
- 1 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 2 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 3 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 4 Car rental in Cancun
- 5 Adopt an animal donation?
- 6 (BELIZE )Honeymoon in November - Help!
- 7 San Miguel De Allende
- 8 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 9 Need a suggestion for Thankgiving dinner in P de C
- 10 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 11 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 12 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 13 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 14 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 15 Backpack vs Wheels
- 16 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 17 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 18 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 19 Help with 5 days touring time
- 20 Costa Rica trip in March
- 21 Safety in Ixtapa
- 22 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 23 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 24 Cabo San Lucas
- 25 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints