I've been bouncing around here and TripAdvisor trying to plan my upcoming honeymoon in July, early August. I initially wanted to do a nice resort but, we've decided that we want privacy. Ideal situation:
Budget including airefare: $5,000 - $5500
Caribbean or Mexican Caribbean
Leaving from Chicago, IL USA
Near enough to grocery store to stock up for a few cooked meals
Snorkeling or other activities if we like
Able to walk around in the "buff" and enjoy the sun if the urge strikes
Living space has kitchen, hot-tub, shower, A/C
I'm not sure how realistic this is but that's the idea, we want to be able to forget the stresses of wedding planning and enjoy 7-10 days (including travel) of warm sunny bliss. We don't want to be in a touristy area
I saw some listing on VRBO but, am leary about that as a first time Caribbean trip and it being our honeymoon, not opposed though.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Carnival 2017 in Panama City
- 2 Driving in Mexico
- 3 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 4 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 5 Moon Palace in Cancun
- 6 Best driving routes in Costa Rica
- 7 Driving in CR
- 8 Rental car - Lost driver's license! Help!
- 9 Sirena Station hike Drake Bay
- 10 unsafe?
- 11 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 12 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 13 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 14 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 15 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 16 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 17 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 18 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 19 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 20 Non tourist beach in December
- 21 Sending things back home.
- 22 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 23 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 24 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 25 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!