I've been bouncing around here and TripAdvisor trying to plan my upcoming honeymoon in July, early August. I initially wanted to do a nice resort but, we've decided that we want privacy. Ideal situation:
Budget including airefare: $5,000 - $5500
Caribbean or Mexican Caribbean
Leaving from Chicago, IL USA
Near enough to grocery store to stock up for a few cooked meals
Snorkeling or other activities if we like
Able to walk around in the "buff" and enjoy the sun if the urge strikes
Living space has kitchen, hot-tub, shower, A/C
I'm not sure how realistic this is but that's the idea, we want to be able to forget the stresses of wedding planning and enjoy 7-10 days (including travel) of warm sunny bliss. We don't want to be in a touristy area
I saw some listing on VRBO but, am leary about that as a first time Caribbean trip and it being our honeymoon, not opposed though.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cheap Kitchen Units Sheffield
- 2 Returning home
- 3 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 4 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 5 Dr Simon Andrew Casey - Want to know about Mexican Culture ??
- 6 Cancun all inclusive
- 7 Ticket changes for Tikal - buy in advance at Banrural bank
- 8 Suggested destinations, Yucatan Peninsula, Xmas/NYE.
- 9 Advice Needed For a Trip to Belize
- 10 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 11 Your favorite Mayan sites?
- 12 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta
- 13 Expired Mexican Passport going to Mexico
- 14 Recommendations for family vacation in Puerto Vallarta or other ideas???
- 15 White hair in Valladolid....
- 16 Roatan
- 17 One week in CR...stay in one area or divide time
- 18 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 19 Puerto Vallarta Easter Weekend 2017
- 20 Driving Time
- 21 Guanajuato
- 22 best new site in costa rica
- 23 Family of 13 travelling week of Christmas
- 24 Help with open jaw itinerary Oaxaca to beach
- 25 Costa Rica