I've been bouncing around here and TripAdvisor trying to plan my upcoming honeymoon in July, early August. I initially wanted to do a nice resort but, we've decided that we want privacy. Ideal situation:
Budget including airefare: $5,000 - $5500
Caribbean or Mexican Caribbean
Leaving from Chicago, IL USA
Near enough to grocery store to stock up for a few cooked meals
Snorkeling or other activities if we like
Able to walk around in the "buff" and enjoy the sun if the urge strikes
Living space has kitchen, hot-tub, shower, A/C
I'm not sure how realistic this is but that's the idea, we want to be able to forget the stresses of wedding planning and enjoy 7-10 days (including travel) of warm sunny bliss. We don't want to be in a touristy area
I saw some listing on VRBO but, am leary about that as a first time Caribbean trip and it being our honeymoon, not opposed though.
Thanks in advance
July-August secluded honeymoon destination on a budget
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 2 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 3 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 4 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 5 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 6 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 7 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 8 Mexico region question
- 9 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 10 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 11 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 12 Costa rica help
- 13 car rental companies
- 14 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 15 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 16 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 17 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 18 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 19 cozumel tennis
- 20 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 21 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 22 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 23 Baja California
- 24 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 25 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico