My boyfriend and I are looking to backpack from Costa Rica up to Belize. He has been to Costa before and is fluent in Spanish, while I have been no where and know few Spanish phrases and words. We both love the beach, nature, history, culture and all around adventure. We don't need blitz and glam and are fine with hostels, excluding flights from and to NY we are looking to make it on $2000 for about 4 weeks. Is this possible? Does anyone have any tips on a nice route that would fit within our criteria? Thank you for any ideas!
Itinerary help for backpacking excursion for two from CR to Belize
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 2 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 3 San Miguel De Allende
- 4 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 5 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 6 Need a suggestion for Thankgiving dinner in P de C
- 7 Adopt an animal donation?
- 8 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 9 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 10 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 11 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 12 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 13 Backpack vs Wheels
- 14 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 15 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 16 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 17 Help with 5 days touring time
- 18 Costa Rica trip in March
- 19 Safety in Ixtapa
- 20 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 21 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 22 Cabo San Lucas
- 23 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 24 Roatan advice
- 25 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast