I'm honing my itinerary and timing:
I hear markets in and around Oaxaca are especially lively and colorful in the lead up to Day of the Dead days. This year Day of Dead falls on Wed, Thurs. Fri. Wondering if the Wed, Thurs, Friday markets will be open on these Day of Dead days--or are markets closed/vendors with family? And if SatAbastos market and Sun Tlacolula market are open on days immediately following the holiday (11/3-11/4)... I originally thought 6-7 days in Oax was a good target. If it's best to experience Sat/Sun Oaxaca markets before DoD, that means 8-9 days. I'm probably over thinking this.
My current plan:
DF: 5 1/2 days: arr Fri aft/depart Thurs early am.
Puebla/Cholula 2 days thurs/Fri.
Oaxaca 8 1/2 days Sat-Sun (surrounding Dia de los Meurtos) .
Should I borrow a day from DF or Oax and add to Puebla/Cholula? I could add Sat to Puebla (depart Sat night) OR cut DF to 4 1/2 days. Also. leaving Puebla-I thought I should go in daylight to take in the scenery en route to Oax, but if I leave in early evening, I get more time to explore Puebla. Okay, or keep it in the day? I also might take the microfinance tour-that happens only on Thursdays and Saturdays so I'll have to see how that fits into the plan. Many thanks for any insights.
Itinerary DF, Puebla, Oaxaca and Day of Dead question
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 lodging in lima and cuzco, peru
- 2 Cuzco, Peru - Altitude sickness is it always a problem there?
- 3 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 4 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 5 Tubing in Belize
- 6 Family vacation in beautiful, blissful Belize
- 7 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 8 Gunacaste All Inclusive
- 9 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 10 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 11 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 12 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 13 Looking for member reviews of Gran Caribe Real in Cancun
- 14 Glover continues on to Mexico (after Colombia)
- 15 13 nights in Costa Rica Itinerary
- 16 celebration in Huatulco - Villa Pacifico or VillaBlanca or other? Help please
- 17 Fairmont Mayakoba and Playa del Carmen Trip Report
- 18 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 19 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 20 A hotel on the beach in Tamarindo
- 21 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 22 cost of private car between different places in Costa Rica
- 23 A great destination in Costa Rica: the Osa Peninsula and Bosque del Cabo
- 24 Looking for Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Help
- 25 Third Party Liability Insurance Car rental Mexico