I'm honing my itinerary and timing:
I hear markets in and around Oaxaca are especially lively and colorful in the lead up to Day of the Dead days. This year Day of Dead falls on Wed, Thurs. Fri. Wondering if the Wed, Thurs, Friday markets will be open on these Day of Dead days--or are markets closed/vendors with family? And if SatAbastos market and Sun Tlacolula market are open on days immediately following the holiday (11/3-11/4)... I originally thought 6-7 days in Oax was a good target. If it's best to experience Sat/Sun Oaxaca markets before DoD, that means 8-9 days. I'm probably over thinking this.
My current plan:
DF: 5 1/2 days: arr Fri aft/depart Thurs early am.
Puebla/Cholula 2 days thurs/Fri.
Oaxaca 8 1/2 days Sat-Sun (surrounding Dia de los Meurtos) .
Should I borrow a day from DF or Oax and add to Puebla/Cholula? I could add Sat to Puebla (depart Sat night) OR cut DF to 4 1/2 days. Also. leaving Puebla-I thought I should go in daylight to take in the scenery en route to Oax, but if I leave in early evening, I get more time to explore Puebla. Okay, or keep it in the day? I also might take the microfinance tour-that happens only on Thursdays and Saturdays so I'll have to see how that fits into the plan. Many thanks for any insights.
Itinerary DF, Puebla, Oaxaca and Day of Dead question
- 1 BUY US,UK,CANADA DRIVER LICENSE,IDs,PASSPORTS,VISAS.COUNTERFEIT MONEY,ETC
- 2 Riviera Maya Weather in June
- 3 About healthy Mexicon foods
- 4 Mayan Palace Hotel
- 5 Tamarindo hotel? Best for group of guys.
- 6 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 7 Where to go in Costa Rica for adventure?
- 8 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 9 Authentic cuban cigars in COsta Rica??
- 10 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 11 Oasis Cancun or Costa Real??
- 12 Oasis Cancun
- 13 Driving
- 14 Driving around costa ica
- 15 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 16 Nice, child-friendly timeshare in Cancun/Playa del Carmen
- 17 Campeche anyone?
- 18 Travel Route in Costa Rica - Tamarindo, Arenal, MonteVerde, Manuel Antonio
- 19 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 20 Belize in August with teens
- 21 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 22 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 23 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 24 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 25 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala