I'm honing my itinerary and timing:
I hear markets in and around Oaxaca are especially lively and colorful in the lead up to Day of the Dead days. This year Day of Dead falls on Wed, Thurs. Fri. Wondering if the Wed, Thurs, Friday markets will be open on these Day of Dead days--or are markets closed/vendors with family? And if SatAbastos market and Sun Tlacolula market are open on days immediately following the holiday (11/3-11/4)... I originally thought 6-7 days in Oax was a good target. If it's best to experience Sat/Sun Oaxaca markets before DoD, that means 8-9 days. I'm probably over thinking this.
My current plan:
DF: 5 1/2 days: arr Fri aft/depart Thurs early am.
Puebla/Cholula 2 days thurs/Fri.
Oaxaca 8 1/2 days Sat-Sun (surrounding Dia de los Meurtos) .
Should I borrow a day from DF or Oax and add to Puebla/Cholula? I could add Sat to Puebla (depart Sat night) OR cut DF to 4 1/2 days. Also. leaving Puebla-I thought I should go in daylight to take in the scenery en route to Oax, but if I leave in early evening, I get more time to explore Puebla. Okay, or keep it in the day? I also might take the microfinance tour-that happens only on Thursdays and Saturdays so I'll have to see how that fits into the plan. Many thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://jackedmuscleextremeadvice.com/bio-rocket-blast/
- 2 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 3 Thoughts about Puerta Vallarta
- 4 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 5 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 6 Recommendations on hotels with best beaches
- 7 Family vacation
- 8 Our first family cruise, Cozumel
- 9 We are planning a trip to Costa Rica in November
- 10 Anyone interested?
- 11 Best beach club in Playa d carmen with a good restaurant ?
- 12 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 13 Where to stay in Ambergis Caye?
- 14 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 15 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 16 Spending USD in Mexico
- 17 Food poisoning?
- 18 Guanajuato or Oaxacca for 5-7days?
- 19 Best plan - suggestions
- 20 Merida Trip Report - Lots of Food
- 21 We're off to Costa Rica and never been there!
- 22 Guanacaste in October
- 23 Good lunch spot
- 24 Planning girls getaway trip to CR this summer and need help!
- 25 December Itinerary with 1 Year Old