I'm honing my itinerary and timing:
I hear markets in and around Oaxaca are especially lively and colorful in the lead up to Day of the Dead days. This year Day of Dead falls on Wed, Thurs. Fri. Wondering if the Wed, Thurs, Friday markets will be open on these Day of Dead days--or are markets closed/vendors with family? And if SatAbastos market and Sun Tlacolula market are open on days immediately following the holiday (11/3-11/4)... I originally thought 6-7 days in Oax was a good target. If it's best to experience Sat/Sun Oaxaca markets before DoD, that means 8-9 days. I'm probably over thinking this.
My current plan:
DF: 5 1/2 days: arr Fri aft/depart Thurs early am.
Puebla/Cholula 2 days thurs/Fri.
Oaxaca 8 1/2 days Sat-Sun (surrounding Dia de los Meurtos) .
Should I borrow a day from DF or Oax and add to Puebla/Cholula? I could add Sat to Puebla (depart Sat night) OR cut DF to 4 1/2 days. Also. leaving Puebla-I thought I should go in daylight to take in the scenery en route to Oax, but if I leave in early evening, I get more time to explore Puebla. Okay, or keep it in the day? I also might take the microfinance tour-that happens only on Thursdays and Saturdays so I'll have to see how that fits into the plan. Many thanks for any insights.
Itinerary DF, Puebla, Oaxaca and Day of Dead question
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Planning a trip to Costa Rica with a 10 and 13 year old
- 2 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 3 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 4 La paz at christmas
- 5 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 6 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 7 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 8 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 9 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 10 Guatemala customs question
- 11 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 12 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 13 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 14 Costa Rica questions
- 15 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 16 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 17 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 18 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 19 Rainy season
- 20 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 21 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 22 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 23 booking rooms for spring break
- 24 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 25 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?