I'm honing my itinerary and timing:
I hear markets in and around Oaxaca are especially lively and colorful in the lead up to Day of the Dead days. This year Day of Dead falls on Wed, Thurs. Fri. Wondering if the Wed, Thurs, Friday markets will be open on these Day of Dead days--or are markets closed/vendors with family? And if SatAbastos market and Sun Tlacolula market are open on days immediately following the holiday (11/3-11/4)... I originally thought 6-7 days in Oax was a good target. If it's best to experience Sat/Sun Oaxaca markets before DoD, that means 8-9 days. I'm probably over thinking this.
My current plan:
DF: 5 1/2 days: arr Fri aft/depart Thurs early am.
Puebla/Cholula 2 days thurs/Fri.
Oaxaca 8 1/2 days Sat-Sun (surrounding Dia de los Meurtos) .
Should I borrow a day from DF or Oax and add to Puebla/Cholula? I could add Sat to Puebla (depart Sat night) OR cut DF to 4 1/2 days. Also. leaving Puebla-I thought I should go in daylight to take in the scenery en route to Oax, but if I leave in early evening, I get more time to explore Puebla. Okay, or keep it in the day? I also might take the microfinance tour-that happens only on Thursdays and Saturdays so I'll have to see how that fits into the plan. Many thanks for any insights.
Itinerary DF, Puebla, Oaxaca and Day of Dead question
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Embera Village
- 2 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 3 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 4 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 5 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 6 Costa Rica & Panama
- 7 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 8 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 9 Tela and La Ceiba
- 10 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 11 March/April weather
- 12 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 13 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 14 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 15 One Week in Southern Belize
- 16 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 17 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!
- 18 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 19 Costa Rica four nights
- 20 One Day San Jose
- 21 Visiting Machu Picchu, Cusco for 7 days.
- 22 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 23 Costa Rica vs Bahamas
- 24 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 25 Help with Riviera Maya Beaches