I'm honing my itinerary and timing:
I hear markets in and around Oaxaca are especially lively and colorful in the lead up to Day of the Dead days. This year Day of Dead falls on Wed, Thurs. Fri. Wondering if the Wed, Thurs, Friday markets will be open on these Day of Dead days--or are markets closed/vendors with family? And if SatAbastos market and Sun Tlacolula market are open on days immediately following the holiday (11/3-11/4)... I originally thought 6-7 days in Oax was a good target. If it's best to experience Sat/Sun Oaxaca markets before DoD, that means 8-9 days. I'm probably over thinking this.
My current plan:
DF: 5 1/2 days: arr Fri aft/depart Thurs early am.
Puebla/Cholula 2 days thurs/Fri.
Oaxaca 8 1/2 days Sat-Sun (surrounding Dia de los Meurtos) .
Should I borrow a day from DF or Oax and add to Puebla/Cholula? I could add Sat to Puebla (depart Sat night) OR cut DF to 4 1/2 days. Also. leaving Puebla-I thought I should go in daylight to take in the scenery en route to Oax, but if I leave in early evening, I get more time to explore Puebla. Okay, or keep it in the day? I also might take the microfinance tour-that happens only on Thursdays and Saturdays so I'll have to see how that fits into the plan. Many thanks for any insights.
Itinerary DF, Puebla, Oaxaca and Day of Dead question
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cancun-discounts.com
- 2 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 3 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 4 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 5 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 6 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 7 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 8 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 9 Apartment Finders
- 10 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 13 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 14 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 15 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 16 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 17 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 18 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 19 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 20 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 21 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 22 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 23 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 24 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 25 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July