I'm honing my itinerary and timing:
I hear markets in and around Oaxaca are especially lively and colorful in the lead up to Day of the Dead days. This year Day of Dead falls on Wed, Thurs. Fri. Wondering if the Wed, Thurs, Friday markets will be open on these Day of Dead days--or are markets closed/vendors with family? And if SatAbastos market and Sun Tlacolula market are open on days immediately following the holiday (11/3-11/4)... I originally thought 6-7 days in Oax was a good target. If it's best to experience Sat/Sun Oaxaca markets before DoD, that means 8-9 days. I'm probably over thinking this.
My current plan:
DF: 5 1/2 days: arr Fri aft/depart Thurs early am.
Puebla/Cholula 2 days thurs/Fri.
Oaxaca 8 1/2 days Sat-Sun (surrounding Dia de los Meurtos) .
Should I borrow a day from DF or Oax and add to Puebla/Cholula? I could add Sat to Puebla (depart Sat night) OR cut DF to 4 1/2 days. Also. leaving Puebla-I thought I should go in daylight to take in the scenery en route to Oax, but if I leave in early evening, I get more time to explore Puebla. Okay, or keep it in the day? I also might take the microfinance tour-that happens only on Thursdays and Saturdays so I'll have to see how that fits into the plan. Many thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Hotel Recommendation for Riviera Maya please help!
- 2 Destination for 3 kids under 5 - Cancun?
- 3 Cancun Beach Snorkeling 6/2016
- 4 Playa del carmen - airbnb
- 5 Looking for Good Remote Study Location
- 6 help from a Panamanian
- 7 Amazing..
- 8 advice for costa rica about tennagers .
- 9 Pearl Keys
- 10 Transportation from the Royal Playa Del Carmen to Iberostar Grand Pariso
- 11 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 12 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 13 Niaragua Adventures: Beware of the Small Print
- 14 Grand sunset princess (playa del carmen)
- 15 Picky traveler looking for a hidden gem
- 16 Honeymoon in mid-September?
- 17 Hotel Recommendations for Costa Rica
- 18 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 19 Food cost for Caye Caulker, Belize or the islands?
- 20 Do NOT use ALAMO
- 21 Costa Rica- July trip
- 22 5 night Itinerary - Yucatan Peninsula
- 23 7 day western carribean on Norwegian Getaway
- 24 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 25 Luxurious all inclusive for kids