It looks like I have everything booked and I wanted to check in (I think that I should have done that, before I made all the reservations, but I still wanted to check in ).
We (my husband, our soon to be 16 year old daughter and I) will be meeting up with my parents on our plane changes in Dallas on the way to SJO. My parents are in their early 70's. This is their 1st trip to Costa Rica and it will be our 3rd. We are returning to the Osa, which is my favorite place in the whole world! I am so excited to share it with my parents!!
We will be there for our daughter's 16th birthday and she did mention, only semi-kiddingly, that we were going to my favorite place for her birthday. I assured her that it will be special for her on her birthday and she seemed fine with that, but I still need to come up with something extra special for her (-if you have any ideas,please, let me know!!).
Oh, and my mom has some health issues that get worse when she is overly tired or too hot; so I am trying to not make many long days for her (half a day is best for her). (-any tips on ways or products to keep cool?)
We arrive around 8pm into SJO. We plan to stay two nights at La Rosa de America, visiting Sarchi (must buy small oxcarts and find some little toucan gifts and party favors!) and Doka. Wilson will be taking us. I am looking forward to meeting him after all of the great recommendations on the forum (thank you!!).
The next day, Sansa down to Puerto Jimenez for seven nights at Bosque del Cabo. We will have four nights in Casa Blanca and then split up for three nights in the cabinas Toucan and Manglillio (-any insider info on those two cabinas?) I was thinking of putting my parents in Toucan and us in Maglillio. Is one closer to the restaurant?
We took the Primary Forest Hike and the Night Walk last time, but did not hike any of the trails. I thought that my husband, daughter and I could try some of the trails and let my mom and dad relax. Then we could join up with them, after taking a hike. I have been reading the descriptions of the hikes on BdC's website but would love some advice/ direction.
We plan to take the Horseback Tour as a surprise on our daughter's birthday and Kim is generously letting me bake Russian Tea Cakes at her house for my daughter's birthday treat (she can not eat dairy and they are her birthday tradition). I am hoping to find some cute toucan crafts in Sarchi. My daughter loves toucans and we decided that would be her birthday theme.
Then three nights at the Iguana Lodge in two club rooms. I thought that we could rent a car on the middle day and visit Kobos and have a dinner in PJ.
We fly back early to SJO. Wilson will pick us up and take us to the Toucan Rescue Ranch and to Sibu to learn about their chocolates. Our last night will be back at La Rosa. We have an 11am flight out the next day.
This has sort of turned into my dream trip and I am so excited!! I would love any tips, comments or advice.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 2 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 3 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 4 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 5 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 6 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 7 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 8 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 9 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 10 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 11 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 12 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 13 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 14 Music Video
- 15 July Adventure
- 16 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 17 Guatemala trip in August?
- 18 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 19 Driving Central America
- 20 Nicaragua -- connection
- 21 Driving in Mexico
- 22 june trip-help with itinerary
- 23 3 weeks on the west coast
- 24 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 25 MEXICAN CAR RENTAL - YUCATAN