Will be traveling with friends to the Yucatan Peninsula for 2 weeks in May. First week will be along the east coast - Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, Tulum, Cancun. The second week (Tuesday through Monday) we plan to head to the interior/west and we've been having some trouble planning this part. We do know that we would like to be in Merida for Friday/Saturday night. Thinking about this..
Tu: Rent car, leave Playa -> ???
Th: Puuc Route (Mayan Ruins - Uxmal / Loltun Caves / Labna / Sayil / Kabah??)
F: Puuc Route (Uxmal in the am?) -> Merida
Su: Merida (leave in the morning) -> Chichen Itza
M: Chichen Itza -> Playa/Cancun by late morning/early afternoon
Tu: Playa/Cancun, return car -> Airport
Regarding the Puuc route, which ruins are best to see? Should we get a hotel for a night along the route (and if so, any ideas where to stay or eat?), or should we just have a home base in Merida?
Would it be wise to see Chichen Itza Sunday late morning/afternoon? And are there good places to stay/eat nearby for Sunday night?
We'd also like to include some moderately adventurous things to do during this part of our trip. Any Ideas?
I never seem to read anything about the coast north/west of Merida.. anything worthwhile to see/do?
We're excited to try lots of food, so any recommendations of places to eat along the way are GREATLY appreciated!
I know I've go so many questions, but I thank you for all of your time and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Trip report: Costa Rica natural highlights
- 2 international calling cards
- 3 alternatively in targeted naturally quite
- 4 http://www.vitaminofhealth.com/zynev-male-enhancement/
- 5 http://www.vitaminofhealth.com/zynev-male-enhancement/
- 6 Zika and Baja California ( La Paz, Mexico)
- 7 Archaeological tours
- 8 moving to mexico
- 9 Driving USA to Guatemala
- 10 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 11 moving to mexico
- 12 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 13 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 14 Guanajuato
- 15 Cancun All inclusive
- 16 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 17 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 18 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 19 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 20 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 21 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 22 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 23 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 24 girls getaway
- 25 Tulum and Akumal Tours