My husband and I have a trip planned to costa rica arriving Sunday April 14th. We booked our enitire time at the grand papagayo on the north pacific coast. We were hoping to get to do a bit of everything , including see the Caribbean coast . I have until 3 days before the reservation to make changes and I feel like renting a car or finding transportation to go to the east coast and driving right back seems like a waste of the adventures we could do in a day. So here's my question. We arrive and leave out of LIR , if I changed our reservations on the north pacific coast for three nights, (we want to parasail and horseback ride at playa del coco )then go to arenal for zip lining and mountain tours and stay the 4th night, we could drive to the Caribbean coast and stay the 5th and 6th day before driving the 7 hours back to LIR and staying at the near by Hilton to catch and early flight. Is there a better way to go about seeing everything? I feel like I'm making it way to difficult, having never been I don't know if it is better to shuttle across, bus or rent a vehicle . And where to stay in each with all ofthe changing. Thanks!
In need of some help navigating costa rica!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 2 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 3 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 4 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 5 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 6 Costa rica help
- 7 car rental companies
- 8 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 9 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 10 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo