My husband and I have a trip planned to costa rica arriving Sunday April 14th. We booked our enitire time at the grand papagayo on the north pacific coast. We were hoping to get to do a bit of everything , including see the Caribbean coast . I have until 3 days before the reservation to make changes and I feel like renting a car or finding transportation to go to the east coast and driving right back seems like a waste of the adventures we could do in a day. So here's my question. We arrive and leave out of LIR , if I changed our reservations on the north pacific coast for three nights, (we want to parasail and horseback ride at playa del coco )then go to arenal for zip lining and mountain tours and stay the 4th night, we could drive to the Caribbean coast and stay the 5th and 6th day before driving the 7 hours back to LIR and staying at the near by Hilton to catch and early flight. Is there a better way to go about seeing everything? I feel like I'm making it way to difficult, having never been I don't know if it is better to shuttle across, bus or rent a vehicle . And where to stay in each with all ofthe changing. Thanks!
In need of some help navigating costa rica!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 2 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 3 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 4 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 5 Hopefulist in Guatemala, Spring 2015
- 6 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 7 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 8 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 9 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 10 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 11 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 12 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 13 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 14 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 15 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 16 Merida-where to stay
- 17 Mexico City Hotels
- 18 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 20 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 21 Snorkeling
- 22 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 23 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 24 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 25 Cancun or Playa del Carmen