My husband and I have a trip planned to costa rica arriving Sunday April 14th. We booked our enitire time at the grand papagayo on the north pacific coast. We were hoping to get to do a bit of everything , including see the Caribbean coast . I have until 3 days before the reservation to make changes and I feel like renting a car or finding transportation to go to the east coast and driving right back seems like a waste of the adventures we could do in a day. So here's my question. We arrive and leave out of LIR , if I changed our reservations on the north pacific coast for three nights, (we want to parasail and horseback ride at playa del coco )then go to arenal for zip lining and mountain tours and stay the 4th night, we could drive to the Caribbean coast and stay the 5th and 6th day before driving the 7 hours back to LIR and staying at the near by Hilton to catch and early flight. Is there a better way to go about seeing everything? I feel like I'm making it way to difficult, having never been I don't know if it is better to shuttle across, bus or rent a vehicle . And where to stay in each with all ofthe changing. Thanks!
In need of some help navigating costa rica!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 mayan ruins family trip
- 2 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 3 travel blog Costa Rica, Aruba and more
- 4 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 5 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 6 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 7 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 8 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 9 How safe is driving a car through Mexico
- 10 Playa del Carmen
- 11 Cancun - may or JUne 2015
- 12 Help us find the perfect AI Resort
- 13 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 14 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 15 Mexico
- 16 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 17 Trip ideas needed please
- 18 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 19 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 20 Monterrey, Mexico Safety
- 21 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 22 Work Exchanges in Costa Rica? Please help!
- 23 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 24 Cozumel Diving & Possible Terrible Weather: To change dates or not?
- 25 Costa Rica experts: ideas needed for 2 days pre- and post- cycling trip.