My husband and I have a trip planned to costa rica arriving Sunday April 14th. We booked our enitire time at the grand papagayo on the north pacific coast. We were hoping to get to do a bit of everything , including see the Caribbean coast . I have until 3 days before the reservation to make changes and I feel like renting a car or finding transportation to go to the east coast and driving right back seems like a waste of the adventures we could do in a day. So here's my question. We arrive and leave out of LIR , if I changed our reservations on the north pacific coast for three nights, (we want to parasail and horseback ride at playa del coco )then go to arenal for zip lining and mountain tours and stay the 4th night, we could drive to the Caribbean coast and stay the 5th and 6th day before driving the 7 hours back to LIR and staying at the near by Hilton to catch and early flight. Is there a better way to go about seeing everything? I feel like I'm making it way to difficult, having never been I don't know if it is better to shuttle across, bus or rent a vehicle . And where to stay in each with all ofthe changing. Thanks!
In need of some help navigating costa rica!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cabo San Lucas
- 2 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 3 Bringing clothes and fabric to Puerto vallarta
- 4 Mexico City, DF Restaurant
- 5 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 6 Costa Rica for 9 days in Dec
- 7 tours to gatun locks panama
- 8 Trip ideas needed please
- 9 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 10 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 11 Hopefulist in Guatemala (again) 2014
- 12 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 13 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 14 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 15 Mex City Restaurant
- 16 Guidebook for Oaxaca
- 17 costa rica in two weeks
- 18 Airport policy for departures in Costa Rica
- 19 Cancun Hotel
- 20 Any recommendations for activities or adventures for kids in Riviera Maya
- 21 When to go to the Yucatán or to Puerta Vallarta
- 22 Cuernavaca
- 23 sales tax in Mexico
- 24 Alamo Car rental Liberia Costa Rica
- 25 Guide to Nicaraguan festivals and events