I will be spending a month (mid-June through mid-July) studying Spanish with AmeriSpan in Antigua, Guatemala. I've heard varying accounts on how safe it is to walk around in Antigua and how safe it is to drink the water. I will be spending a weekend visiting Tikal and, after talking to AmeriSpan, decided not to take malaria pills. Was that a mistake? (They told me that since I would only be there for a weekend I should be OK.) I'd really appreciate any input!
I'm going to Guatemala in two weeks.
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 2 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 3 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 4 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 5 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 6 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 7 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 8 Help with 5 days touring time
- 9 Costa Rica trip in March
- 10 Safety in Ixtapa
- 11 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 12 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 13 Adopt an animal donation?
- 14 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 15 Cabo San Lucas
- 16 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 17 Roatan advice
- 18 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 19 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 20 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 21 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 22 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 23 Safety in Nicaragua
- 24 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 25 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?