I will be spending a month (mid-June through mid-July) studying Spanish with AmeriSpan in Antigua, Guatemala. I've heard varying accounts on how safe it is to walk around in Antigua and how safe it is to drink the water. I will be spending a weekend visiting Tikal and, after talking to AmeriSpan, decided not to take malaria pills. Was that a mistake? (They told me that since I would only be there for a weekend I should be OK.) I'd really appreciate any input!
I'm going to Guatemala in two weeks.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 2 Belize in June?
- 3 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 4 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar
- 5 Mexico City
- 6 How to climb volcanoes at night
- 7 Two Young Women Traveling Alone in Mexico
- 8 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 9 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 10 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 11 Questions re. Bosque del Cabo Cabinas
- 12 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 13 Monteverde Accomodations
- 14 Oaxaca in November
- 15 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste
- 16 DD and I recently returned from five wonderful fun filled days in PV
- 17 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 18 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 19 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 20 Looking for Bias Bajas Restaurant/Costa Rica
- 21 Dominical Costa Rica
- 22 some suggestions on Nica itinerary? and some guidance on bus schedules?
- 23 Anyone use Economy Car Rental in Costa Rica?
- 24 Best places to see in Mexico for 5 day Thanksgiving trip?
- 25 getting from point A to B to C in Costa Rica