I will be spending a month (mid-June through mid-July) studying Spanish with AmeriSpan in Antigua, Guatemala. I've heard varying accounts on how safe it is to walk around in Antigua and how safe it is to drink the water. I will be spending a weekend visiting Tikal and, after talking to AmeriSpan, decided not to take malaria pills. Was that a mistake? (They told me that since I would only be there for a weekend I should be OK.) I'd really appreciate any input!
I'm going to Guatemala in two weeks.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 4 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 5 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 6 Mexico region question
- 7 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 8 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 9 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 10 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 11 Costa rica help
- 12 car rental companies
- 13 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 14 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 15 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 16 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 17 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 18 cozumel tennis
- 19 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 20 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 21 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 22 Baja California
- 23 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 24 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 25 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ