Hi, My husband & I are considering going to Roatan in Feb. 2014 for our (late) 23rd anniversary; we love to snorkel, & especially want some place that offers it right off the beach as opposed to having to take a boat out somewhere. We're not interested in partying at night, I guess our list of priorites would go like this: safety, great off beach snorkeling, comfortable lodging with TV & dvd player for nightime movie watching, wi-fi (if possible), ability to stick to our vegan eating. Our only expereince in traveling outside the States is Grand Cayman & Akumal, Mexico. Please share your experience/knowledge with us. Thanks in advance!
How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Southwest will fly to Costa Rica
- 2 cancun
- 3 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 4 best places in Baja
- 5 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 6 Cuernavaca
- 7 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 8 Please advise re itinerary order - Guanajuato, Queretaro, San Miguel
- 9 Riviera Maya Suites in Playa del Carmen or....?
- 10 Queretaro or Zacatecas??
- 11 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 12 3 wks for Mayan ruins, colonial cities, markets, culture and nature
- 13 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 14 Jaco and playa caleta boutique hotel
- 15 Costa Rica: easy, non-hiking activities Monte Verde, Corcovado
- 16 SIM Card -- Mexico to the USA
- 17 Traveling from Roatan to Copan, Honduras
- 18 2 week Costa Rica trip
- 19 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 20 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 21 costa rica logistics
- 22 copa de árbol or bosque del cabo (or both!)
- 23 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 24 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 25 costa rica logistics again