We are planning a week long beach getaway at the end of May. We have been to Riviera Maya a couple of times before but not in recent years. With all the violence we hear about in Mexico, how safe is it to travel there? I know that once we are in a resort, it's probably not an issue, but we would not like to stay in Cancun and I remember that in the past we always arrived in the evening and had at least an hour drive down to our resort at night with resorts on one side of the road and wilderness on the other. Is that trip still OK to take? Are there any precautions we should take?
Also, last time we stayed at one of Barcelo Maya (I think Beach) all-inclusive places and it was fine, nice balance of cost and comfort. Is there a nicer all inclusive resort that you can recommend within the same price range or perhaps just a little more expensive but not much more?
Any information on either subject would be much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!
How safe is Riviera Maya? All inclusive resort recommendation?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Four Seasons Punta Mita
- 2 costa rica catamaran trips
- 3 Interbus and San Jose
- 4 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 5 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 6 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 7 Cancun nightlife
- 8 Any recommendations for activities or adventures for kids in Riviera Maya
- 9 Trip ideas needed please
- 10 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 11 Airport Transfers from Los Cabos Airport
- 12 December trip to CR ...Is the tour company correct ?
- 13 if we do bosque del cabo-where else can we go that is nearby?
- 14 costa rica in a car in two weeks
- 15 Playa del Carmen
- 16 Villahermosa, Tabasco to San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas
- 17 Bicycle riding in La Pas Mexico
- 18 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 19 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 20 tours to gatun locks panama
- 21 Panama in October
- 22 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 23 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 24 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 25 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)