We are planning a week long beach getaway at the end of May. We have been to Riviera Maya a couple of times before but not in recent years. With all the violence we hear about in Mexico, how safe is it to travel there? I know that once we are in a resort, it's probably not an issue, but we would not like to stay in Cancun and I remember that in the past we always arrived in the evening and had at least an hour drive down to our resort at night with resorts on one side of the road and wilderness on the other. Is that trip still OK to take? Are there any precautions we should take?
Also, last time we stayed at one of Barcelo Maya (I think Beach) all-inclusive places and it was fine, nice balance of cost and comfort. Is there a nicer all inclusive resort that you can recommend within the same price range or perhaps just a little more expensive but not much more?
Any information on either subject would be much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!
How safe is Riviera Maya? All inclusive resort recommendation?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 2 best places in Baja
- 3 Beachfront in Tulum
- 4 Belize, first time
- 5 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 6 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 7 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 8 Costa Rica with young kids
- 9 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 10 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 11 Security in Oaxaca
- 12 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 13 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 14 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 15 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?
- 16 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 17 Things to do in Papagayo in the rainy season?
- 18 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 19 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 20 Exploring “Greece” in Costa Rica
- 21 cancun
- 22 Best 10 places in Cancun
- 23 Turtle rescue in Sayulita?
- 24 A budget beach area in Panama for 30day suggestions.
- 25 car rental companies