We are planning a week long beach getaway at the end of May. We have been to Riviera Maya a couple of times before but not in recent years. With all the violence we hear about in Mexico, how safe is it to travel there? I know that once we are in a resort, it's probably not an issue, but we would not like to stay in Cancun and I remember that in the past we always arrived in the evening and had at least an hour drive down to our resort at night with resorts on one side of the road and wilderness on the other. Is that trip still OK to take? Are there any precautions we should take?
Also, last time we stayed at one of Barcelo Maya (I think Beach) all-inclusive places and it was fine, nice balance of cost and comfort. Is there a nicer all inclusive resort that you can recommend within the same price range or perhaps just a little more expensive but not much more?
Any information on either subject would be much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 HP printer Installation CONTACT☎ l:8OO68l72O8 Tec*h Supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Belize itinerary help
- 3 Mexico
- 4 Belize planning help
- 5 Another Yucatan trip report
- 6 live from PV !
- 7 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 8 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 9 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 10 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 11 2017 SMA Trip
- 12 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 13 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 14 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 15 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 16 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 17 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 18 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 19 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 20 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 21 Bocas ??
- 22 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 23 San Luis Potosi & La Huasteca
- 24 Costa Rica Connection
- 25 Where to stay in Cayo District
How safe is Riviera Maya? All inclusive resort recommendation?