We are planning a week long beach getaway at the end of May. We have been to Riviera Maya a couple of times before but not in recent years. With all the violence we hear about in Mexico, how safe is it to travel there? I know that once we are in a resort, it's probably not an issue, but we would not like to stay in Cancun and I remember that in the past we always arrived in the evening and had at least an hour drive down to our resort at night with resorts on one side of the road and wilderness on the other. Is that trip still OK to take? Are there any precautions we should take?
Also, last time we stayed at one of Barcelo Maya (I think Beach) all-inclusive places and it was fine, nice balance of cost and comfort. Is there a nicer all inclusive resort that you can recommend within the same price range or perhaps just a little more expensive but not much more?
Any information on either subject would be much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!
How safe is Riviera Maya? All inclusive resort recommendation?
- 1 Oasis Cancun or Costa Real??
- 2 Oasis Cancun
- 3 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 4 Driving
- 5 Driving around costa ica
- 6 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 7 Nice, child-friendly timeshare in Cancun/Playa del Carmen
- 8 Campeche anyone?
- 9 Travel Route in Costa Rica - Tamarindo, Arenal, MonteVerde, Manuel Antonio
- 10 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 11 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 12 Belize in August with teens
- 13 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 14 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 15 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 16 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 17 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 18 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala
- 19 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 20 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 21 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 22 AI in Cancun vicinity
- 23 Cancun day trips
- 24 Quick CR Trip Report
- 25 Notorized Letter of Consent