We are planning a week long beach getaway at the end of May. We have been to Riviera Maya a couple of times before but not in recent years. With all the violence we hear about in Mexico, how safe is it to travel there? I know that once we are in a resort, it's probably not an issue, but we would not like to stay in Cancun and I remember that in the past we always arrived in the evening and had at least an hour drive down to our resort at night with resorts on one side of the road and wilderness on the other. Is that trip still OK to take? Are there any precautions we should take?
Also, last time we stayed at one of Barcelo Maya (I think Beach) all-inclusive places and it was fine, nice balance of cost and comfort. Is there a nicer all inclusive resort that you can recommend within the same price range or perhaps just a little more expensive but not much more?
Any information on either subject would be much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Hp@ printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical CAre 24/7
- 2 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 3 info needed on NW Mexico trip
- 4 Help! Should I go to Central America during the rainy season?
- 5 Tulum Beachfront Lodging with Tweens
- 6 Need Help with Costa Rica
- 7 Cozumel airport transfers
- 8 Best plan - suggestions
- 9 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 10 Vacation choices
- 11 Puerto Vallarta
- 12 nicaragua-Rancho Santana
- 13 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 14 PV Questions about art, food, cooking classes!
- 15 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 16 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 17 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 18 Isla Holbox - where did you stay?
- 19 Olmec Colossal Heads
- 20 Tour Guide - Mexico City
- 21 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 22 1/2 day excursions
- 23 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 24 Going with the flow - 16 days in Costa Rica
- 25 top 8 cenotes to visit
How safe is Riviera Maya? All inclusive resort recommendation?