We are planning a week long beach getaway at the end of May. We have been to Riviera Maya a couple of times before but not in recent years. With all the violence we hear about in Mexico, how safe is it to travel there? I know that once we are in a resort, it's probably not an issue, but we would not like to stay in Cancun and I remember that in the past we always arrived in the evening and had at least an hour drive down to our resort at night with resorts on one side of the road and wilderness on the other. Is that trip still OK to take? Are there any precautions we should take?
Also, last time we stayed at one of Barcelo Maya (I think Beach) all-inclusive places and it was fine, nice balance of cost and comfort. Is there a nicer all inclusive resort that you can recommend within the same price range or perhaps just a little more expensive but not much more?
Any information on either subject would be much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!
How safe is Riviera Maya? All inclusive resort recommendation?
- 1 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 2 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 3 San Miguel De Allende
- 4 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 5 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 6 Need a suggestion for Thankgiving dinner in P de C
- 7 Adopt an animal donation?
- 8 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 9 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 10 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 11 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 12 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 13 Backpack vs Wheels
- 14 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 15 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 16 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 17 Help with 5 days touring time
- 18 Costa Rica trip in March
- 19 Safety in Ixtapa
- 20 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 21 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 22 Cabo San Lucas
- 23 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 24 Roatan advice
- 25 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast