We are planning a week long beach getaway at the end of May. We have been to Riviera Maya a couple of times before but not in recent years. With all the violence we hear about in Mexico, how safe is it to travel there? I know that once we are in a resort, it's probably not an issue, but we would not like to stay in Cancun and I remember that in the past we always arrived in the evening and had at least an hour drive down to our resort at night with resorts on one side of the road and wilderness on the other. Is that trip still OK to take? Are there any precautions we should take?
Also, last time we stayed at one of Barcelo Maya (I think Beach) all-inclusive places and it was fine, nice balance of cost and comfort. Is there a nicer all inclusive resort that you can recommend within the same price range or perhaps just a little more expensive but not much more?
Any information on either subject would be much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.piratetoyshop.com/t90-xplode-trial
- 2 moving to mexico
- 3 Looking to party in cancun for my 35th bday in October
- 4 Some questions re Mexico City and Puebla
- 5 international calling cards
- 6 September CR trip, itinerary questions and hotel deals?
- 7 Zika and Baja California ( La Paz, Mexico)
- 8 Trip report: Costa Rica natural highlights
- 9 Archaeological tours
- 10 Driving USA to Guatemala
- 11 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 12 moving to mexico
- 13 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 14 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 15 Guanajuato
- 16 Cancun All inclusive
- 17 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 18 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 19 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 20 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 21 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 22 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 23 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 24 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 25 girls getaway
How safe is Riviera Maya? All inclusive resort recommendation?