I need some help. In 2010 we stayed in San Ignascio for a few days before heading to Caye Caulker for a week after a long trip through Guatemala. In 2007 we spend over 2 weeks in Belize and Guatemala. This time we have 19 days. Our trip begins with Lamanai my wife still talks about the boat ride and I still remember the biggest smile on her face. From there we figure a few days at Nohmul ( to short or too long??) Any ideas of other things to do around the area. We were even thinking of an over night in Corozal?
From there we plan to go to Caracol for 2 days, last time we stayed at 5 Sisters, I know it has a new funky name. Any ideas about any other places to stay in the area as I remember the road was a slow drive and dusty. I don't want to get up at 6 am and drive for 3 hours to the army base. From this part of the trip we need to get to Yaxha, Naranjo and Nakum. The last time we were worn out and didn't see all of Yaxha and none of the other 2 sites. I am hoping that Flames Auto Rental is still in business and will rent me a vehicle to go across the border. Other than that any ideas of how to get around. We are familiar with the collectivo's and have no fear of them but the road up to the ruins and back to the lodge is challenging. We plan to stay at the Eco lodge at Yaxha, again if it is still in business. In 2007 we spent time on Ambergris and plan to go back for the last 5 days but cannot decide on where to stay. Clean and quiet is alway preferred( ear plugs are one of our accessories) Last time we stayed on the other side of the bridge in the north at the White Sands but would like something comparable but closer to town. Banana Beach??? Mata Rocks??? don't really know. Any Ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Four days in Panama.. Where to get out of the city before coming back?
- 2 2 months in nicaragua - solo female
- 3 HoneyMoon - Gutemala - Mexico
- 4 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 5 DF: Any's Hostal vs Dos Fridas y Diego re location
- 6 Costa Rica - First trip itinerary, jaguar rescue center visit
- 7 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 8 La Fortuna via Poas
- 9 Riviera Maya: Five Days of Peace & Plenty
- 10 Costa Rica - Arenal & Tamarindo questions
- 11 Sleeping At San Jose Airport
- 12 Entering Guatemala on a One-Way Ticket
- 13 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 14 Yet another Costa Rica question!
- 15 E. Coast Mexican resort good for teens?
- 16 Cobo San Lucas For The Day
- 17 Patricia missed Puerta Vallarta, so...
- 18 Cruise trip to Western Caribbean in Feb.'16.
- 19 LaPaz Baja car rental
- 20 Need to find companions for drive to Panama from US
- 21 Costa Rica: Arenal or Monteverde
- 22 Weather in Playa Del Carmen?
- 23 Should I take my hiking boots?
- 24 Help with 7 week itinerary
- 25 Geisha Coffee Seeds/green beans