I need some help. In 2010 we stayed in San Ignascio for a few days before heading to Caye Caulker for a week after a long trip through Guatemala. In 2007 we spend over 2 weeks in Belize and Guatemala. This time we have 19 days. Our trip begins with Lamanai my wife still talks about the boat ride and I still remember the biggest smile on her face. From there we figure a few days at Nohmul ( to short or too long??) Any ideas of other things to do around the area. We were even thinking of an over night in Corozal?
From there we plan to go to Caracol for 2 days, last time we stayed at 5 Sisters, I know it has a new funky name. Any ideas about any other places to stay in the area as I remember the road was a slow drive and dusty. I don't want to get up at 6 am and drive for 3 hours to the army base. From this part of the trip we need to get to Yaxha, Naranjo and Nakum. The last time we were worn out and didn't see all of Yaxha and none of the other 2 sites. I am hoping that Flames Auto Rental is still in business and will rent me a vehicle to go across the border. Other than that any ideas of how to get around. We are familiar with the collectivo's and have no fear of them but the road up to the ruins and back to the lodge is challenging. We plan to stay at the Eco lodge at Yaxha, again if it is still in business. In 2007 we spent time on Ambergris and plan to go back for the last 5 days but cannot decide on where to stay. Clean and quiet is alway preferred( ear plugs are one of our accessories) Last time we stayed on the other side of the bridge in the north at the White Sands but would like something comparable but closer to town. Banana Beach??? Mata Rocks??? don't really know. Any Ideas.
How much has changed in 6 years? Need some help!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 40th Birthday Trip
- 2 Recomendations on getting to Tikal from Belize City
- 3 Planning a trip to Costa Rica with a 10 and 13 year old
- 4 Dreams Riviera Cancun?
- 5 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 6 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 7 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 8 La paz at christmas
- 9 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 10 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 11 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 12 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 13 Guatemala customs question
- 14 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 15 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 16 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 17 Costa Rica questions
- 18 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 19 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 20 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 21 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 22 Rainy season
- 23 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 24 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 25 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??