Hello fodorites. Just booked a trip to Cancun for end of February and are looking for a hotel on the beach someplace not too far from Cancun. Could be Playa del Carmen or some place else that's not more than an hour or so from the airport. We are late 50's early 60's but young at heart! We want something on the beach with a good beach bar and a pool but not something that is filled with so many youngin's that we will feel like we need to go to the geriatric center if you know what I mean. Just laid back. Don't want to pack more than shorts and a bathing suit. Prefer not to spend more than $300 a night and less is even better but wan the right spot. Just looking to chill on the beach, near the pool but want a place that has a bit of energy. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
Hotel suggestion near Cancun, Playa del Carmen maybe?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 4 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 5 Costa rica help
- 6 car rental companies
- 7 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 8 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 9 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 10 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 11 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 12 cozumel tennis
- 13 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 14 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 15 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 16 Baja California
- 17 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 18 Mexico region question
- 19 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 20 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 21 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 22 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 23 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 24 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 25 Semana Santa itinerary