Hello fodorites. Just booked a trip to Cancun for end of February and are looking for a hotel on the beach someplace not too far from Cancun. Could be Playa del Carmen or some place else that's not more than an hour or so from the airport. We are late 50's early 60's but young at heart! We want something on the beach with a good beach bar and a pool but not something that is filled with so many youngin's that we will feel like we need to go to the geriatric center if you know what I mean. Just laid back. Don't want to pack more than shorts and a bathing suit. Prefer not to spend more than $300 a night and less is even better but wan the right spot. Just looking to chill on the beach, near the pool but want a place that has a bit of energy. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
Hotel suggestion near Cancun, Playa del Carmen maybe?
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 2 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 3 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 4 Backpack vs Wheels
- 5 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 6 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 7 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 8 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 9 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 10 Help with 5 days touring time
- 11 Costa Rica trip in March
- 12 Safety in Ixtapa
- 13 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 14 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 15 Adopt an animal donation?
- 16 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 17 Cabo San Lucas
- 18 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 19 Roatan advice
- 20 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 21 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 22 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 23 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 24 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 25 Safety in Nicaragua