Hello fodorites. Just booked a trip to Cancun for end of February and are looking for a hotel on the beach someplace not too far from Cancun. Could be Playa del Carmen or some place else that's not more than an hour or so from the airport. We are late 50's early 60's but young at heart! We want something on the beach with a good beach bar and a pool but not something that is filled with so many youngin's that we will feel like we need to go to the geriatric center if you know what I mean. Just laid back. Don't want to pack more than shorts and a bathing suit. Prefer not to spend more than $300 a night and less is even better but wan the right spot. Just looking to chill on the beach, near the pool but want a place that has a bit of energy. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
Hotel suggestion near Cancun, Playa del Carmen maybe?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 2 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 3 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 4 Bus from SJO to San Jose , Costa Rica
- 5 Getting to Tortuguero -- worth the trip?
- 6 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 7 Costa Rica and Panama by Gate1Travel
- 8 Somewhere hot!
- 9 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 10 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 11 Back From Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 13 Cancun-discounts.com
- 14 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 15 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 16 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 17 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 18 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 19 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 20 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 21 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 22 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 23 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 24 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 25 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?