Hello fodorites. Just booked a trip to Cancun for end of February and are looking for a hotel on the beach someplace not too far from Cancun. Could be Playa del Carmen or some place else that's not more than an hour or so from the airport. We are late 50's early 60's but young at heart! We want something on the beach with a good beach bar and a pool but not something that is filled with so many youngin's that we will feel like we need to go to the geriatric center if you know what I mean. Just laid back. Don't want to pack more than shorts and a bathing suit. Prefer not to spend more than $300 a night and less is even better but wan the right spot. Just looking to chill on the beach, near the pool but want a place that has a bit of energy. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
Hotel suggestion near Cancun, Playa del Carmen maybe?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 cancun
- 2 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 3 best places in Baja
- 4 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 5 Cuernavaca
- 6 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 7 Please advise re itinerary order - Guanajuato, Queretaro, San Miguel
- 8 Riviera Maya Suites in Playa del Carmen or....?
- 9 Queretaro or Zacatecas??
- 10 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 11 3 wks for Mayan ruins, colonial cities, markets, culture and nature
- 12 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 13 Jaco and playa caleta boutique hotel
- 14 Costa Rica: easy, non-hiking activities Monte Verde, Corcovado
- 15 SIM Card -- Mexico to the USA
- 16 Traveling from Roatan to Copan, Honduras
- 17 2 week Costa Rica trip
- 18 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 19 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 20 costa rica logistics
- 21 copa de árbol or bosque del cabo (or both!)
- 22 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 23 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 24 costa rica logistics again
- 25 Mexico Trip