First, big thanks to all who helped me hone my plans in my other post. I need to find a hotel for one night before moving to the Condessa for 4-5 nights. I arrive the DF on Fri afternoon. I was looking the Gran hotel in Centro (with the fabulous ceiling) or Principado in Zona Rosa. Or should I stay in Condessa? Wondering which area/hotel makes sense for this one night. Wondering if I should stay in Centro and explore that area that afternoon -or maybe get a city overview upon arrival on a hoponoff bus? I'll be in the DF 4-5 days-so Centro exploration could also be a full day later in my week.
I'm happy to walk around at night, but I'm solo so won't be frequenting the nighttime bar, club, restaurant scene. Looking for a good first night spot to get my bearings. I figure on Sat I'll want to do Sat only things - like San Angel market - and then add what makes sense in terms of proximity. I think that's Coyaocan and La Casa Azul. At some point -maybe early am Sat I'll need to move my bags to the B&B.
Hotel Mexico City 1st of 5 nights
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Best Tour for Wildlife (Jaco, Manuel Antonio Region)
- 2 cabo san lucas - nicer hotel recs/golf
- 3 Where in CR to spend 1 or 2 mos. w/ kids?
- 4 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 5 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 6 Shared shuttle from MEX to San Miguel de Allende (and back)?
- 7 Roadtrip Arizona
- 8 Monteverde and Dominical--Doable??
- 9 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 10 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 11 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 12 10 Days in Belize and Guatemala
- 13 Belize, first time
- 14 driving question
- 15 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 16 Car Rental Cancun and Tulum
- 17 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 18 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 19 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 20 Departure tax
- 21 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 22 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 23 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 24 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua
- 25 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc