First, big thanks to all who helped me hone my plans in my other post. I need to find a hotel for one night before moving to the Condessa for 4-5 nights. I arrive the DF on Fri afternoon. I was looking the Gran hotel in Centro (with the fabulous ceiling) or Principado in Zona Rosa. Or should I stay in Condessa? Wondering which area/hotel makes sense for this one night. Wondering if I should stay in Centro and explore that area that afternoon -or maybe get a city overview upon arrival on a hoponoff bus? I'll be in the DF 4-5 days-so Centro exploration could also be a full day later in my week.
I'm happy to walk around at night, but I'm solo so won't be frequenting the nighttime bar, club, restaurant scene. Looking for a good first night spot to get my bearings. I figure on Sat I'll want to do Sat only things - like San Angel market - and then add what makes sense in terms of proximity. I think that's Coyaocan and La Casa Azul. At some point -maybe early am Sat I'll need to move my bags to the B&B.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 2 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 3 Belize - Where to Go?
- 4 Savegre Hotel
- 5 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 6 Camera & Accessories
- 7 Wildlife in Belize
- 8 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 9 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 10 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 11 Costa Rica
- 12 TranquilSeas Roatan - feedback or suggestions?
- 13 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 14 Westjet flights to Merida
- 15 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 16 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 17 Riviera Maya seaweed problem....
- 18 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 19 Wedding catering in San Miguel de Allende
- 20 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 21 Belize Trip Report - Lamanai Outpost Lodge and Tranquility Bay Resort
- 22 Best rain forest guide and Tour companies for Rafting and Canopy in Arenal
- 23 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 24 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 25 Marquis Resort the Corridor Baja