First, big thanks to all who helped me hone my plans in my other post. I need to find a hotel for one night before moving to the Condessa for 4-5 nights. I arrive the DF on Fri afternoon. I was looking the Gran hotel in Centro (with the fabulous ceiling) or Principado in Zona Rosa. Or should I stay in Condessa? Wondering which area/hotel makes sense for this one night. Wondering if I should stay in Centro and explore that area that afternoon -or maybe get a city overview upon arrival on a hoponoff bus? I'll be in the DF 4-5 days-so Centro exploration could also be a full day later in my week.
I'm happy to walk around at night, but I'm solo so won't be frequenting the nighttime bar, club, restaurant scene. Looking for a good first night spot to get my bearings. I figure on Sat I'll want to do Sat only things - like San Angel market - and then add what makes sense in terms of proximity. I think that's Coyaocan and La Casa Azul. At some point -maybe early am Sat I'll need to move my bags to the B&B.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Advice on 3wk itinerary covering MX,GT,BZ by car
- 2 Valladolid/ Flamingos in Rio Lagartos
- 3 First trip to Mexico...any help appreciated
- 4 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 5 Transportation from Mexico City to Coyocan & ????
- 6 A Weekend in Mexico DF: Suggestions Needed
- 7 Cheap Airfare on United
- 8 Costa Rica itinerary and lodges -- please help
- 9 Cancun and Tulum
- 10 nice hotel between airport and Poas?
- 11 HELP! Overwhelmed by Costa Rica Trip
- 12 February in Costa Rica
- 13 Wild Planet Adventures
- 14 Gap Year Travels
- 15 Selva Verde question
- 16 San Blas for 3 nights in February
- 17 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 18 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 19 Santa Teresa vs Montezuma in Costa Rica
- 20 Coba and Tulum
- 21 Advice on Costa Rica vacation
- 22 Belize planning; independent vs package
- 23 Mexico- beach resort, PV? SJ Del Cabo??
- 24 19-hour Layover in Panama City - Need some advice
- 25 SUP in Panama City