First, big thanks to all who helped me hone my plans in my other post. I need to find a hotel for one night before moving to the Condessa for 4-5 nights. I arrive the DF on Fri afternoon. I was looking the Gran hotel in Centro (with the fabulous ceiling) or Principado in Zona Rosa. Or should I stay in Condessa? Wondering which area/hotel makes sense for this one night. Wondering if I should stay in Centro and explore that area that afternoon -or maybe get a city overview upon arrival on a hoponoff bus? I'll be in the DF 4-5 days-so Centro exploration could also be a full day later in my week.
I'm happy to walk around at night, but I'm solo so won't be frequenting the nighttime bar, club, restaurant scene. Looking for a good first night spot to get my bearings. I figure on Sat I'll want to do Sat only things - like San Angel market - and then add what makes sense in terms of proximity. I think that's Coyaocan and La Casa Azul. At some point -maybe early am Sat I'll need to move my bags to the B&B.
Hotel Mexico City 1st of 5 nights
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Villahermosa, Tabasco to San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas
- 2 Bicycle riding in La Pas Mexico
- 3 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 4 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 5 if we do bosque del cabo-where else can we go that is nearby?
- 6 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 7 tours to gatun locks panama
- 8 Panama in October
- 9 Playa del Carmen
- 10 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 11 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 12 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 13 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 14 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 15 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 16 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 17 Monteverde from Liberia
- 18 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 19 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 20 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 21 mayan ruins family trip
- 22 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 23 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 24 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 25 Car Rental in Costa Rica