First, big thanks to all who helped me hone my plans in my other post. I need to find a hotel for one night before moving to the Condessa for 4-5 nights. I arrive the DF on Fri afternoon. I was looking the Gran hotel in Centro (with the fabulous ceiling) or Principado in Zona Rosa. Or should I stay in Condessa? Wondering which area/hotel makes sense for this one night. Wondering if I should stay in Centro and explore that area that afternoon -or maybe get a city overview upon arrival on a hoponoff bus? I'll be in the DF 4-5 days-so Centro exploration could also be a full day later in my week.
I'm happy to walk around at night, but I'm solo so won't be frequenting the nighttime bar, club, restaurant scene. Looking for a good first night spot to get my bearings. I figure on Sat I'll want to do Sat only things - like San Angel market - and then add what makes sense in terms of proximity. I think that's Coyaocan and La Casa Azul. At some point -maybe early am Sat I'll need to move my bags to the B&B.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize itinerary help
- 2 Nicaragua money questions
- 3 Rental Car in Mexico
- 4 Blue Hole
- 5 Costa Rica first time rent a car?
- 6 Panama in December?
- 7 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 8 Mexico with 6 yr. olds: want beach and history- Suggestions?
- 9 Long ride to Nayara. Are there good options along the way?
- 10 Granada vs San Juan, all you need to know
- 11 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 12 Five nights Ambergris Caye - Itinerary help
- 13 Packing for Ambergris Caye
- 14 Costa Rica--first time
- 15 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 16 caravan tour of costa rica
- 17 Car rental in Cancun
- 18 Proposal
- 19 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 20 driving from laredo to the pacific side
- 21 Itinerary help for 7 days out of Cancun to beaches and Ruins!
- 22 Villa, hotel recommendations for 3 families, 6 kids in Costa Rica
- 23 Gran Hotel de Querataro
- 24 Seaweed
- 25 Honeymoon itinerary help!