Hi, all -
I got home late last night from an amazing 5 weeks split between Mexico and Guatemala. I spent 2 weeks exploring the Yucatan with my husband - visiting ruins, fishing, diving, and snorkeling with turtles and whalesharks, 2 weeks living with a host family in San Cristobal de las Casas, studying Spanish, exploring museums, markets, indigenous villages, and ruins with a small group of wonderful women, and one of the most emotionally charged weeks of my life visiting my Beca Project students in San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala.
I'll post a full travelogue, upload photos to my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections and update the Beca Project website http://becaproject.blogspot.com/ in the next week or 2, but here's a taste with lots of photos:
With blogs, the latest news is at the top, so the easiest way to access the earlier posts is to scroll down to the BLOG ARCHIVE on the right hand side, then click on "June" so the titles of the June posts show; the 1st post is the bottom one in the list. Happy trails!
Hopefulist's 2010 Blog - Mexico and Guatemala
Hi, all -
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico region question
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 4 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 5 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 6 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 7 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 8 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 9 Costa rica help
- 10 car rental companies
- 11 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 12 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 13 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 14 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 15 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 16 cozumel tennis
- 17 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 18 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 19 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 20 Baja California
- 21 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 22 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 23 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 24 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 25 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara