Hi, all -
I got home late last night from an amazing 5 weeks split between Mexico and Guatemala. I spent 2 weeks exploring the Yucatan with my husband - visiting ruins, fishing, diving, and snorkeling with turtles and whalesharks, 2 weeks living with a host family in San Cristobal de las Casas, studying Spanish, exploring museums, markets, indigenous villages, and ruins with a small group of wonderful women, and one of the most emotionally charged weeks of my life visiting my Beca Project students in San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala.
I'll post a full travelogue, upload photos to my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections and update the Beca Project website http://becaproject.blogspot.com/ in the next week or 2, but here's a taste with lots of photos:
With blogs, the latest news is at the top, so the easiest way to access the earlier posts is to scroll down to the BLOG ARCHIVE on the right hand side, then click on "June" so the titles of the June posts show; the 1st post is the bottom one in the list. Happy trails!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 2 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 3 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 4 playa del carmen what to do
- 5 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 6 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 7 Giving back to Mexio
- 8 2 months in Central America
- 9 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 10 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 11 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 12 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 13 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 14 Belize planning help
- 15 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 16 Excellent News!
- 17 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 18 Mexico earthquake
- 19 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 20 Cabo
- 21 Best plan - suggestions
- 22 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 23 Transport from Mexico City to San Miguel de Allende
- 24 Costa Rica or Belize?
- 25 Avoid this when arriving to Cancun airport
Hopefulist's 2010 Blog - Mexico and Guatemala
Hi, all -