Hi, all -
I got home late last night from an amazing 5 weeks split between Mexico and Guatemala. I spent 2 weeks exploring the Yucatan with my husband - visiting ruins, fishing, diving, and snorkeling with turtles and whalesharks, 2 weeks living with a host family in San Cristobal de las Casas, studying Spanish, exploring museums, markets, indigenous villages, and ruins with a small group of wonderful women, and one of the most emotionally charged weeks of my life visiting my Beca Project students in San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala.
I'll post a full travelogue, upload photos to my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections and update the Beca Project website http://becaproject.blogspot.com/ in the next week or 2, but here's a taste with lots of photos:
With blogs, the latest news is at the top, so the easiest way to access the earlier posts is to scroll down to the BLOG ARCHIVE on the right hand side, then click on "June" so the titles of the June posts show; the 1st post is the bottom one in the list. Happy trails!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 dental implants
- 2 First time CR intinerary help
- 3 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 4 Fishing around Arenal
- 5 Costa Rica with 2 year old and 9 month old
- 6 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 7 Costa Rica- July trip
- 8 Santa Cruze Hualtuco
- 9 Do you need ID to use buses between cities in Mexico?
- 10 Puerto Vallarta with Kids
- 11 Amazing trip to Costa Rica with kids
- 12 Mexico -- how many ruins?
- 13 help from a Panamanian
- 14 Best Panama beach area?
- 15 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 16 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 17 Guanacaste
- 18 Restaurant Raves Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Riu Cancun
- 20 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 21 Passport expires soon
- 22 Los Algodones Baja Mexico
- 23 Need Suggestions for Guatemala
- 24 Is it really worth it to go all the way to Placencia?
- 25 day trips from Mexico City
Hopefulist's 2010 Blog - Mexico and Guatemala
Hi, all -