Hi, all -
I got home late last night from an amazing 5 weeks split between Mexico and Guatemala. I spent 2 weeks exploring the Yucatan with my husband - visiting ruins, fishing, diving, and snorkeling with turtles and whalesharks, 2 weeks living with a host family in San Cristobal de las Casas, studying Spanish, exploring museums, markets, indigenous villages, and ruins with a small group of wonderful women, and one of the most emotionally charged weeks of my life visiting my Beca Project students in San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala.
I'll post a full travelogue, upload photos to my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections and update the Beca Project website http://becaproject.blogspot.com/ in the next week or 2, but here's a taste with lots of photos:
With blogs, the latest news is at the top, so the easiest way to access the earlier posts is to scroll down to the BLOG ARCHIVE on the right hand side, then click on "June" so the titles of the June posts show; the 1st post is the bottom one in the list. Happy trails!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ruta Puuc, Yucatan
- 2 Antigua, GT Apartment
- 3 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 4 Taking bus to Montevede,Costa Rica
- 5 Cancun tour guides/naturalisits
- 6 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 7 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 8 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 9 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 10 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 11 driving down through mexico
- 12 Things to do in Cabo
- 13 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 14 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 15 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 16 Planning a trip to Panama
- 17 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 18 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 19 Driving in Mexico
- 20 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 21 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 22 unsafe?
- 23 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 24 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 25 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
Hopefulist's 2010 Blog - Mexico and Guatemala
Hi, all -