Hi, all -
I got home late last night from an amazing 5 weeks split between Mexico and Guatemala. I spent 2 weeks exploring the Yucatan with my husband - visiting ruins, fishing, diving, and snorkeling with turtles and whalesharks, 2 weeks living with a host family in San Cristobal de las Casas, studying Spanish, exploring museums, markets, indigenous villages, and ruins with a small group of wonderful women, and one of the most emotionally charged weeks of my life visiting my Beca Project students in San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala.
I'll post a full travelogue, upload photos to my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections and update the Beca Project website http://becaproject.blogspot.com/ in the next week or 2, but here's a taste with lots of photos:
With blogs, the latest news is at the top, so the easiest way to access the earlier posts is to scroll down to the BLOG ARCHIVE on the right hand side, then click on "June" so the titles of the June posts show; the 1st post is the bottom one in the list. Happy trails!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Please help with a one moth itinerary
- 2 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 3 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 4 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 5 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 6 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 7 Merida in March
- 8 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 9 Mexico in March - questions
- 10 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 11 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 12 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 13 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 14 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 15 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 16 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 17 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 18 travel in Yucatan
- 19 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 20 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 21 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 22 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 23 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 24 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 25 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
Hopefulist's 2010 Blog - Mexico and Guatemala
Hi, all -