Hi, all -
I got home late last night from an amazing 5 weeks split between Mexico and Guatemala. I spent 2 weeks exploring the Yucatan with my husband - visiting ruins, fishing, diving, and snorkeling with turtles and whalesharks, 2 weeks living with a host family in San Cristobal de las Casas, studying Spanish, exploring museums, markets, indigenous villages, and ruins with a small group of wonderful women, and one of the most emotionally charged weeks of my life visiting my Beca Project students in San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala.
I'll post a full travelogue, upload photos to my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections and update the Beca Project website http://becaproject.blogspot.com/ in the next week or 2, but here's a taste with lots of photos:
With blogs, the latest news is at the top, so the easiest way to access the earlier posts is to scroll down to the BLOG ARCHIVE on the right hand side, then click on "June" so the titles of the June posts show; the 1st post is the bottom one in the list. Happy trails!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Family Resort Cancun/Playa
- 2 A week in San Jose Costa Rica
- 3 7 day itinerary for Costa Rica
- 4 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 5 Family Christmas Vacation in Mexico
- 6 10 Day Costa Rica
- 7 Cancun to Guatemala
- 8 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 9 Top Mayan Ruins to visit
- 10 San Jose del Cabo-La Playita Beach
- 11 San Miguel trivia
- 12 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 13 Mid September Honeymoon Suggestions Inclusive
- 14 Can a U.S permanent resident driving feom Cancun to Belize City, Belize?
- 15 Need wedding white wine in Costa Rica
- 16 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 17 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 18 puerto vallarta
- 19 California Baja
- 20 Family All inclusive Riviera Maya
- 21 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 22 Best plan - suggestions
- 23 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 24 Costa Rica Honeymoon May 2018
- 25 Mexico City over Christmas
Hopefulist's 2010 Blog - Mexico and Guatemala
Hi, all -