Hi, all -
I got home late last night from an amazing 5 weeks split between Mexico and Guatemala. I spent 2 weeks exploring the Yucatan with my husband - visiting ruins, fishing, diving, and snorkeling with turtles and whalesharks, 2 weeks living with a host family in San Cristobal de las Casas, studying Spanish, exploring museums, markets, indigenous villages, and ruins with a small group of wonderful women, and one of the most emotionally charged weeks of my life visiting my Beca Project students in San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala.
I'll post a full travelogue, upload photos to my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections and update the Beca Project website http://becaproject.blogspot.com/ in the next week or 2, but here's a taste with lots of photos:
With blogs, the latest news is at the top, so the easiest way to access the earlier posts is to scroll down to the BLOG ARCHIVE on the right hand side, then click on "June" so the titles of the June posts show; the 1st post is the bottom one in the list. Happy trails!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cleaning marble structures with laser technology demonstrated
- 2 The most important natural stone trade fair in Brazil closed yesterday
- 3 Two days of work by the International Stone Summit
- 4 Two days of work by the International Stone Summit
- 5 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 6 Advice for 2 days in Mexico City
- 7 Mexico City and...?
- 8 Tamarindo for Seniors
- 9 Solo touring in Panama City
- 10 Traveling with a baby to Mexico
- 11 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 12 Driving in CR
- 13 Getting to Laguna San Ignacio from Wisconsin
- 14 Day trip from Merida - seeking recommendations
- 15 Recommendations for a Mexico City hotel needed
- 16 Tamarindo Sept
- 17 Actual beachfront hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca???
- 18 Trip help -is MA necessary if I'm going to Osa?
- 19 Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- 20 4 hour tour in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 21 Need help for trip to Costa Rica in December
- 22 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 23 Visit to Panama - all inclusive r&r combined with adventure ..
- 24 Renting Car in Mexico
- 25 Cancun All inclusive
Hopefulist's 2010 Blog - Mexico and Guatemala
Hi, all -