We are booking our flights and have the ability to change them. Right now we fly in on the July 23rd and leave August 2nd.
Night 1-San Jose as we arrive late. (july 23rd)
We are hoping to rent a car but are hesitant due to some articles I have read, is setting up buses better?
Day 2-5 (24th-27th)
We would like to stay 3 nights at Arenal. Then drive to Monteverde
Day 5-7 (27th-29th)
Two nights in Monteverde then drive to Manuel Antonio
Day 7-9 (29th-August 1)
Stay in Manuel Antonio and then drive on Thursday to San Jose as we fly out early Friday morning.
We have the ability to add two extra days onto our trip but did not know if it was worth it or with this schedule we would see enough.
We will be planning everything on our own, tours and stuff of that nature.
In Arenal we were looking at Finca Luna Nueva Lodge
In Monteverde we are looking at El Sol.
In Manuel Antonio we would like to have a nice hotel with beautiful views but unique and fun as well.
Please any input would be awesome. We do not want to run out of things to do and wish we had booked a shorter flight but I need to make sure to book the flight soon!!
Thank you so much for your time and help, we appreciate it more than you know!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 2 Renting Car along Riviera Maya
- 3 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 4 Our first family cruise, Cozumel
- 5 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 6 Please help with a one moth itinerary
- 7 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 8 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 9 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 10 Merida in March
- 11 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 12 Mexico in March - questions
- 13 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 14 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 15 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 16 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 17 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 18 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 19 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 20 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 21 travel in Yucatan
- 22 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 23 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 24 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 25 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)