We are booking our flights and have the ability to change them. Right now we fly in on the July 23rd and leave August 2nd.
Night 1-San Jose as we arrive late. (july 23rd)
We are hoping to rent a car but are hesitant due to some articles I have read, is setting up buses better?
Day 2-5 (24th-27th)
We would like to stay 3 nights at Arenal. Then drive to Monteverde
Day 5-7 (27th-29th)
Two nights in Monteverde then drive to Manuel Antonio
Day 7-9 (29th-August 1)
Stay in Manuel Antonio and then drive on Thursday to San Jose as we fly out early Friday morning.
We have the ability to add two extra days onto our trip but did not know if it was worth it or with this schedule we would see enough.
We will be planning everything on our own, tours and stuff of that nature.
In Arenal we were looking at Finca Luna Nueva Lodge
In Monteverde we are looking at El Sol.
In Manuel Antonio we would like to have a nice hotel with beautiful views but unique and fun as well.
Please any input would be awesome. We do not want to run out of things to do and wish we had booked a shorter flight but I need to make sure to book the flight soon!!
Thank you so much for your time and help, we appreciate it more than you know!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 2 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 3 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 4 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 5 In Cancun right now..
- 6 Gluten Free Belize
- 7 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 8 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 9 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 10 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 11 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 12 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 13 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 14 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 15 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 16 Places to stay in Belize
- 17 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
- 18 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 19 flights to san Jose, costa rica
- 20 Self-directed day trips from Riu Guanacaste?
- 21 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 22 Resort with nightlife for 40th bday
- 23 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 24 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 25 Trip report: Mexico City and San Miguel de Allende 4/15