I'll be hiking a couple volcanos in Guatemala. I read that the skree on volcanos will shred regular tennis shoes. Any recommnedations for sturdy soled hiking shoes/boots that don't look like Herman Munster shoes? (I know - a psuedo shoe fashion question - mea culpa - but I'm more concerned about function than style..well, maybe a bit concern about style)
hiking boots/shoes for hiking volcanos
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 2 Maya Riviera to Belize or Costa Rica or Panama?
- 3 Cruise with a 10 month old to Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico,and key west.
- 4 Flores to Chetumal by road without crossing through Belize
- 5 Central America travel over New Year's
- 6 Mexico City
- 7 Costa Rica after 15 years update me on driving
- 8 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 9 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 10 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 11 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 12 Costa Rica help
- 13 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 14 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 15 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 16 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 17 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 18 Belize in June?
- 19 BEWARE: Alamo Car Rental in San Jose STAY AWAY
- 20 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 21 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar
- 22 How to climb volcanoes at night
- 23 Two Young Women Traveling Alone in Mexico
- 24 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 25 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!