I am cruising from Tampa in Nov. and 2 of the ports are Guatemala and Costa Maya. It will be my husband, daughter (11) and my parents in their late 70's. They enjoy staying on the ship while in port, so not to concerned with what they will do! I am unsure of what to do in Santo Tomas de Castilla (Guatemala) and Costa Maya. Everything I read seems as if it is a little "unsafe" in Guatemala, and since we have our daughter I want to be cautious yet see something there. Any suggestions? We love the outdoors, any type of water sport and just seeing how the people live there. Not sure if I should travel to far away from the port? Same with Costa Maya, want something fun, that gives us an idea of the culture there and how the people live, yet don't want to stray to far in case it is not the safest place. Any help would be appreciated. I have looked into the shore excursions through the ship (HAL Ryndam) but not much offered especially in Guatemala. In other ports, we have done our own thing, without booking through the ship, not sure if should do this there though. Thank you, thank you!
Help with shore excursions in Guatemala and Costa Maya
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 2 Mexico City
- 3 How to climb volcanoes at night
- 4 Two Young Women Traveling Alone in Mexico
- 5 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar
- 6 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 7 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 8 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 9 Questions re. Bosque del Cabo Cabinas
- 10 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 11 Monteverde Accomodations
- 12 Oaxaca in November
- 13 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste
- 14 DD and I recently returned from five wonderful fun filled days in PV
- 15 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 16 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 17 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 18 Looking for Bias Bajas Restaurant/Costa Rica
- 19 Dominical Costa Rica
- 20 some suggestions on Nica itinerary? and some guidance on bus schedules?
- 21 Anyone use Economy Car Rental in Costa Rica?
- 22 Best places to see in Mexico for 5 day Thanksgiving trip?
- 23 getting from point A to B to C in Costa Rica
- 24 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 25 How humid is Osa peninsula in mid-December?