I am cruising from Tampa in Nov. and 2 of the ports are Guatemala and Costa Maya. It will be my husband, daughter (11) and my parents in their late 70's. They enjoy staying on the ship while in port, so not to concerned with what they will do! I am unsure of what to do in Santo Tomas de Castilla (Guatemala) and Costa Maya. Everything I read seems as if it is a little "unsafe" in Guatemala, and since we have our daughter I want to be cautious yet see something there. Any suggestions? We love the outdoors, any type of water sport and just seeing how the people live there. Not sure if I should travel to far away from the port? Same with Costa Maya, want something fun, that gives us an idea of the culture there and how the people live, yet don't want to stray to far in case it is not the safest place. Any help would be appreciated. I have looked into the shore excursions through the ship (HAL Ryndam) but not much offered especially in Guatemala. In other ports, we have done our own thing, without booking through the ship, not sure if should do this there though. Thank you, thank you!
Help with shore excursions in Guatemala and Costa Maya
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica at Christmas?
- 2 Best Places to Visit in Mexico
- 3 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 4 Renting a car in Cancun
- 5 time needed to depart San Jose airport
- 6 First trip to Ajijic-Advice Needed
- 7 Yucatan - April 2015 Mayan Ruin week trip - Need help planning
- 8 Unreliable www.cancuntransfers.com - DO NOT USE their service
- 9 best hotel for family traveling with young adults in Panama City
- 10 A Week in Montezuma
- 11 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 12 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 13 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 14 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 15 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 16 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 17 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 18 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 19 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 20 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 21 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 22 Belize Itinerary help!
- 23 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 24 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 25 Costa Rica Travel