I am cruising from Tampa in Nov. and 2 of the ports are Guatemala and Costa Maya. It will be my husband, daughter (11) and my parents in their late 70's. They enjoy staying on the ship while in port, so not to concerned with what they will do! I am unsure of what to do in Santo Tomas de Castilla (Guatemala) and Costa Maya. Everything I read seems as if it is a little "unsafe" in Guatemala, and since we have our daughter I want to be cautious yet see something there. Any suggestions? We love the outdoors, any type of water sport and just seeing how the people live there. Not sure if I should travel to far away from the port? Same with Costa Maya, want something fun, that gives us an idea of the culture there and how the people live, yet don't want to stray to far in case it is not the safest place. Any help would be appreciated. I have looked into the shore excursions through the ship (HAL Ryndam) but not much offered especially in Guatemala. In other ports, we have done our own thing, without booking through the ship, not sure if should do this there though. Thank you, thank you!
Help with shore excursions in Guatemala and Costa Maya
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 2 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 3 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 4 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 5 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 6 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 7 Mexico region question
- 8 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 9 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 10 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 11 Costa rica help
- 12 car rental companies
- 13 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 14 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 15 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 16 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 17 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 18 cozumel tennis
- 19 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 20 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 21 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 22 Baja California
- 23 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 24 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 25 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ