My husband and I are trying to put together an itenerary for Antigua/Tikal/Lake Atlitan for the last week of November. I have been doing a lot of reading in this forum, and thanks to all of your great help here is what we have so far:
Day 1 (th) fly NY to GUA, head to Antigua, stay @ Hotel Aurora for 4 nights
Days 2, 3, 4 see the sights around Antigua, maybe climb Pacaya Volcano, maybe bike tour. And of course enjoy the great food and ambiance of this city that sounds so great.
Day 5 (mon) early flight to FRS, shuttle to Tikal, stay @ Tikal Inn x 1 night. See ruins.
Day 6 (tu) do they still do the sunrise tour at Tikal? I think I read somewhere that they don't do it anymore. Anyway, I still would like to get up early and walk around the park during the day. In the afternoon head to Flores and stay there to catch the early flight back to GUA the next morning. Would love any hotel recommendations for Flores.
Day 7 (wed) early flight to GUA. Shuttle to Lake Atlitan, we haven't decided yet on a hotel here, but we are leaning towards Hotel Regis in Panajachel. I think we would like to stay in Pana because there seems to be more options for restaurants and for boats to the diferent villages, eventhough it sounds a little bit more touristy than the other towns around the lake.
Stay here for 4 nights??
Day 8 (th) go to Chichi market
Day 9 and 10, visit diferent villages, Naturall Reserve, maybe some hiking?
My big questions is: should we say in Panajachel on day 10 and then get up early on day 11 to get a shuttle to GUA for a midday (12:40 PM) flight back to NY? Or should we play it really safe and leave Pana around noon of day 10, get to Guatemala City and stay there for the night to be close to the airport the next morning.
Fodors forums have helped us plan many vacations thought the world and have always got excellent advice! Thank you in advance.
Help with itinerary for late November
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Planning trip to Panama
- 2 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 3 Belize
- 4 bicycle through central america
- 5 Copa Airlines?
- 6 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 7 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 8 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 9 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 10 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 11 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 12 Panama
- 13 Car Rental in Panama
- 14 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 15 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 16 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 17 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 18 Costa Rica
- 19 Which of these locations?
- 20 Has anyone been to Tapalpa?
- 21 B & B in Oaxaca?
- 22 Dollar - Thriffty Terrible service, stealling money !!!
- 23 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 24 Renting a car in Cancun
- 25 Possible Mexico Trip