Hi Fellow Travelers,
After scouring the Fodor’s forum for hours, I’ve accepted the fact that I need some help. I am trying to plan a weeks vacation for our family of 4 (kids ages 20 and 21) to Playa del Carmen. We’re attracted to the area because we love to be within a short walking distance of both restaurants/nightlife and the beach. Years ago, we stayed at Capitain Lafitte, and although the beach was beautiful, it was too removed for us and we didn’t like the fact that dinners were included. So, now, we are looking to stay closer to town, beachfront would be nice but not necessary. A friend of mine recommended the Soho hotel. So I thought we would be set. But turns out they don’t have any really good accommodations for a family of 4 (no adjacent rooms or larger suites) so we would be paying for 2 separate rooms….which got me thinking we would probably be better off for the price with a condo type place where we could have some living space.
We are not at all interested in AI and would like to be within a few blocks from a beautiful beach as well as cute restaurants, coffee shops, etc. (maybe the Little Italy section??) We would also like the property to have a nice pool (although we are more beach people). Willing to pay up to $350 a night although I would prefer between $200-300. FYI, we are looking for the beginning of August and already checked El Taj and its booked. When I called they recommended the sister property Maya Villa, but wasn’t convinced about property and the pool in particular. Checked condos on airbnb and Loco Gringo, but found it hard to sort the good ones from the bad, even with the reviews they offer.
Also, I should note that since I haven’t heard such amazing reviews about the beaches in Playa, we would definitely consider staying ½ the time in Playa and the other ½ in either akumal or Tulum if we found a great hotel/condo recommendation and it was near a town (even if its small) with local atmosphere.
Well, a million thanks in advance for any help. It is really, really appreciated!!!
help with accomodations for family of 4 in Playa del Carmen
Hi Fellow Travelers,
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica help
- 2 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 3 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 4 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 5 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 6 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 7 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 8 Belize in June?
- 9 BEWARE: Alamo Car Rental in San Jose STAY AWAY
- 10 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 11 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar
- 12 Mexico City
- 13 How to climb volcanoes at night
- 14 Two Young Women Traveling Alone in Mexico
- 15 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 16 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 17 Questions re. Bosque del Cabo Cabinas
- 18 Monteverde Accomodations
- 19 Oaxaca in November
- 20 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste
- 21 DD and I recently returned from five wonderful fun filled days in PV
- 22 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 23 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 24 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 25 Looking for Bias Bajas Restaurant/Costa Rica