having recently decided to join my girlfriend in her around the world trip, and only having two weeks off work (someone within the couple has to pay the bills...) i'm struggling to find an easy way to get to Honduras from Cancun, and make the most of the two weeks we will spend together.
before you ask...the only reason behind the Cancun's choice was purely to get the cheapest way to reach central america.
OK, useless preamble over, now to the facts.
we would like to spend most of the time in honduras, between the islands and at last one national park , perhaps couple of days in Belize on the way. (i'll flight back home from San Pedro Sula).
any tips on how to make our journey down to Honduras the quickest way possible?( wouldn't harm if the journey is interesting too) bus/overnight bus/boat?
obviously any other tip on where to stay will be welcome
Thank you to everyone that will find some time to help
HELP - travel tips from Cancun to Honduras
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 2 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 3 Costa rica help
- 4 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 5 car rental companies
- 6 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 7 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 8 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 9 cozumel tennis
- 10 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 11 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 12 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 13 Baja California
- 14 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 15 Mexico region question
- 16 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 17 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 18 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 19 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 20 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 21 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 22 Semana Santa itinerary
- 23 San Jose del cabo
- 24 Camera Suggestion for Use in Costa Rica Rainforest
- 25 Help planning romantic getaway for my wife to CR or Mexico