I am visiting Costa Rica, on my own and for the first time in June from the 18th to the 25th. I am traveling on a budget and when I arrive into San Jose it will be 11:30am. My departing flight back to the states is early on the 25th so i plan to make it back to San Jose the 24th and stay overnight in a hostel.
I had so many recommendations of where to go and a few expected ones (Arenal, Cloud Forest, Manuel Antonio). I am realizing after speaking with more folks that the Osa Penninsula is where i should actually be going. I am definitely eager to have a rainforest adventure mixed with some mind-clearing spiritual r & r and beach-side exploration).
Now i have attempted to independently research where i could stay (hostels/cheap but safe accommodations) and where i should go/explore, but i'm a bit overwhelmed!
Any thoughts or help in planning this would be fantastic!
Also is this realistic? am i missing out if i spend all of my days in Osa...or should i rethink this?
any ideas with my itinerary are greatly welcomed. i would wing it all if i didnt have the time restraints!
HELP planning a week in Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 2 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 3 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 4 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 5 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 6 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 7 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 8 Merida-where to stay
- 9 Mexico City Hotels
- 10 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 11 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 12 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 13 Snorkeling
- 14 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 15 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 16 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 17 Cancun or Playa del Carmen
- 18 Questions on What to Pack for Osa Peninsula Trip
- 19 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 20 Family friendly restaurants in Playa del Carmen with good food?
- 21 Guanacaste, based in Playa Grande
- 22 Best restaurants in Mexico City & San Miguel de Allende
- 23 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 24 Albuterol inhalers and prescription orthotics in Panama?
- 25 Guatemala City La Aurora International Airport