I am visiting Costa Rica, on my own and for the first time in June from the 18th to the 25th. I am traveling on a budget and when I arrive into San Jose it will be 11:30am. My departing flight back to the states is early on the 25th so i plan to make it back to San Jose the 24th and stay overnight in a hostel.
I had so many recommendations of where to go and a few expected ones (Arenal, Cloud Forest, Manuel Antonio). I am realizing after speaking with more folks that the Osa Penninsula is where i should actually be going. I am definitely eager to have a rainforest adventure mixed with some mind-clearing spiritual r & r and beach-side exploration).
Now i have attempted to independently research where i could stay (hostels/cheap but safe accommodations) and where i should go/explore, but i'm a bit overwhelmed!
Any thoughts or help in planning this would be fantastic!
Also is this realistic? am i missing out if i spend all of my days in Osa...or should i rethink this?
any ideas with my itinerary are greatly welcomed. i would wing it all if i didnt have the time restraints!
HELP planning a week in Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 2 Nicaragua a good choice? we want a local feel!!
- 3 Family vacation in beautiful, blissful Belize
- 4 Tubing in Belize
- 5 lodging in lima and cuzco, peru
- 6 Cuzco, Peru - Altitude sickness is it always a problem there?
- 7 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 8 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 9 Gunacaste All Inclusive
- 10 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 11 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 12 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 13 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 14 Looking for member reviews of Gran Caribe Real in Cancun
- 15 Glover continues on to Mexico (after Colombia)
- 16 13 nights in Costa Rica Itinerary
- 17 celebration in Huatulco - Villa Pacifico or VillaBlanca or other? Help please
- 18 Fairmont Mayakoba and Playa del Carmen Trip Report
- 19 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 20 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 21 A hotel on the beach in Tamarindo
- 22 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 23 cost of private car between different places in Costa Rica
- 24 A great destination in Costa Rica: the Osa Peninsula and Bosque del Cabo
- 25 Looking for Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Help