I am visiting Costa Rica, on my own and for the first time in June from the 18th to the 25th. I am traveling on a budget and when I arrive into San Jose it will be 11:30am. My departing flight back to the states is early on the 25th so i plan to make it back to San Jose the 24th and stay overnight in a hostel.
I had so many recommendations of where to go and a few expected ones (Arenal, Cloud Forest, Manuel Antonio). I am realizing after speaking with more folks that the Osa Penninsula is where i should actually be going. I am definitely eager to have a rainforest adventure mixed with some mind-clearing spiritual r & r and beach-side exploration).
Now i have attempted to independently research where i could stay (hostels/cheap but safe accommodations) and where i should go/explore, but i'm a bit overwhelmed!
Any thoughts or help in planning this would be fantastic!
Also is this realistic? am i missing out if i spend all of my days in Osa...or should i rethink this?
any ideas with my itinerary are greatly welcomed. i would wing it all if i didnt have the time restraints!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Adult only all inclusive
- 2 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 3 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 4 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 5 Westjet flights to Merida
- 6 Belize - Where to Go?
- 7 Savegre Hotel
- 8 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 9 Camera & Accessories
- 10 Wildlife in Belize
- 11 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 12 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 13 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 14 Costa Rica
- 15 TranquilSeas Roatan - feedback or suggestions?
- 16 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 17 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 18 Riviera Maya seaweed problem....
- 19 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 20 Wedding catering in San Miguel de Allende
- 21 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 22 Belize Trip Report - Lamanai Outpost Lodge and Tranquility Bay Resort
- 23 Best rain forest guide and Tour companies for Rafting and Canopy in Arenal
- 24 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 25 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?