I am visiting Costa Rica, on my own and for the first time in June from the 18th to the 25th. I am traveling on a budget and when I arrive into San Jose it will be 11:30am. My departing flight back to the states is early on the 25th so i plan to make it back to San Jose the 24th and stay overnight in a hostel.
I had so many recommendations of where to go and a few expected ones (Arenal, Cloud Forest, Manuel Antonio). I am realizing after speaking with more folks that the Osa Penninsula is where i should actually be going. I am definitely eager to have a rainforest adventure mixed with some mind-clearing spiritual r & r and beach-side exploration).
Now i have attempted to independently research where i could stay (hostels/cheap but safe accommodations) and where i should go/explore, but i'm a bit overwhelmed!
Any thoughts or help in planning this would be fantastic!
Also is this realistic? am i missing out if i spend all of my days in Osa...or should i rethink this?
any ideas with my itinerary are greatly welcomed. i would wing it all if i didnt have the time restraints!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 2 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 3 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 4 In Cancun right now..
- 5 Gluten Free Belize
- 6 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 7 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 8 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 9 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 10 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 11 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 12 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 13 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 14 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 15 Places to stay in Belize
- 16 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
- 17 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 18 flights to san Jose, costa rica
- 19 Self-directed day trips from Riu Guanacaste?
- 20 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 21 Resort with nightlife for 40th bday
- 22 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 23 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 24 Trip report: Mexico City and San Miguel de Allende 4/15
- 25 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?