I am visiting Costa Rica, on my own and for the first time in June from the 18th to the 25th. I am traveling on a budget and when I arrive into San Jose it will be 11:30am. My departing flight back to the states is early on the 25th so i plan to make it back to San Jose the 24th and stay overnight in a hostel.
I had so many recommendations of where to go and a few expected ones (Arenal, Cloud Forest, Manuel Antonio). I am realizing after speaking with more folks that the Osa Penninsula is where i should actually be going. I am definitely eager to have a rainforest adventure mixed with some mind-clearing spiritual r & r and beach-side exploration).
Now i have attempted to independently research where i could stay (hostels/cheap but safe accommodations) and where i should go/explore, but i'm a bit overwhelmed!
Any thoughts or help in planning this would be fantastic!
Also is this realistic? am i missing out if i spend all of my days in Osa...or should i rethink this?
any ideas with my itinerary are greatly welcomed. i would wing it all if i didnt have the time restraints!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Manuel Antonio - Private Villa or Tulemar?
- 2 Transportation to hotel from airport
- 3 Sarah's Cozy Casita's/Playa Coronado
- 4 Belize - need help with planning our 10 days
- 5 Best bus service from Queretero to San Miguel d"Alende
- 6 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 7 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 8 Belize-how many days for beach and jungle
- 9 Sunday bus schedule hours
- 10 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 11 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 12 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 13 Iberostar Club Membership Sales Pitch
- 14 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 15 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
- 16 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 17 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal
- 18 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 19 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 20 A WHALE Of A TALE
- 21 Panama made us Panamaniacs, Trip Report Dec/Jan 2015-16
- 22 Fonda Vela
- 23 mexico vs dominican republic vacation
- 24 Privat Tour Options for Chichen itza + Tulum
- 25 Mosquitoes and the Zika virus