I am visiting Costa Rica, on my own and for the first time in June from the 18th to the 25th. I am traveling on a budget and when I arrive into San Jose it will be 11:30am. My departing flight back to the states is early on the 25th so i plan to make it back to San Jose the 24th and stay overnight in a hostel.
I had so many recommendations of where to go and a few expected ones (Arenal, Cloud Forest, Manuel Antonio). I am realizing after speaking with more folks that the Osa Penninsula is where i should actually be going. I am definitely eager to have a rainforest adventure mixed with some mind-clearing spiritual r & r and beach-side exploration).
Now i have attempted to independently research where i could stay (hostels/cheap but safe accommodations) and where i should go/explore, but i'm a bit overwhelmed!
Any thoughts or help in planning this would be fantastic!
Also is this realistic? am i missing out if i spend all of my days in Osa...or should i rethink this?
any ideas with my itinerary are greatly welcomed. i would wing it all if i didnt have the time restraints!
HELP planning a week in Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Planning a trip to Costa Rica with a 10 and 13 year old
- 2 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 3 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 4 La paz at christmas
- 5 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 6 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 7 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 8 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 9 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 10 Guatemala customs question
- 11 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 12 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 13 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 14 Costa Rica questions
- 15 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 16 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 17 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 18 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 19 Rainy season
- 20 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 21 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 22 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 23 booking rooms for spring break
- 24 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 25 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?