I am visiting Costa Rica, on my own and for the first time in June from the 18th to the 25th. I am traveling on a budget and when I arrive into San Jose it will be 11:30am. My departing flight back to the states is early on the 25th so i plan to make it back to San Jose the 24th and stay overnight in a hostel.
I had so many recommendations of where to go and a few expected ones (Arenal, Cloud Forest, Manuel Antonio). I am realizing after speaking with more folks that the Osa Penninsula is where i should actually be going. I am definitely eager to have a rainforest adventure mixed with some mind-clearing spiritual r & r and beach-side exploration).
Now i have attempted to independently research where i could stay (hostels/cheap but safe accommodations) and where i should go/explore, but i'm a bit overwhelmed!
Any thoughts or help in planning this would be fantastic!
Also is this realistic? am i missing out if i spend all of my days in Osa...or should i rethink this?
any ideas with my itinerary are greatly welcomed. i would wing it all if i didnt have the time restraints!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Riviera Maya vs Costa Rica with kids
- 2 Cancun
- 3 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 4 Impulse buy: ticket to Guatemala
- 5 Mexico City weather
- 6 Guatemala with 7 year old
- 7 Mexico City alone last week of December
- 8 A Weekend in Mexico DF: Suggestions Needed
- 9 Costa Rica with kids
- 10 New Year 2016 Mexico City
- 11 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 12 Riviera Maya itinerary
- 13 Transportation Riviera Maya
- 14 public transporatation from Guadalajara to Ajijic
- 15 Costa Rica itinerary and lodges -- please help
- 16 Honeymoon August 2016
- 17 First trip to Mexico...any help appreciated
- 18 Help with Riviera Maya trip
- 19 Cancun Time share fraud to new level - Be aware
- 20 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 21 Trip to Panama with child(8 yrs) Thanksgiving 2015
- 22 Transportation from Mexico City to Coyocan & ????
- 23 Cancun AI resorts
- 24 Valladolid/ Flamingos in Rio Lagartos
- 25 Advice on 3wk itinerary covering MX,GT,BZ by car