I am visiting Costa Rica, on my own and for the first time in June from the 18th to the 25th. I am traveling on a budget and when I arrive into San Jose it will be 11:30am. My departing flight back to the states is early on the 25th so i plan to make it back to San Jose the 24th and stay overnight in a hostel.
I had so many recommendations of where to go and a few expected ones (Arenal, Cloud Forest, Manuel Antonio). I am realizing after speaking with more folks that the Osa Penninsula is where i should actually be going. I am definitely eager to have a rainforest adventure mixed with some mind-clearing spiritual r & r and beach-side exploration).
Now i have attempted to independently research where i could stay (hostels/cheap but safe accommodations) and where i should go/explore, but i'm a bit overwhelmed!
Any thoughts or help in planning this would be fantastic!
Also is this realistic? am i missing out if i spend all of my days in Osa...or should i rethink this?
any ideas with my itinerary are greatly welcomed. i would wing it all if i didnt have the time restraints!
HELP planning a week in Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 2 Renting a car in Cancun
- 3 First trip to Ajijic-Advice Needed
- 4 time needed to depart San Jose airport
- 5 Best Places to Visit in Mexico
- 6 Yucatan - April 2015 Mayan Ruin week trip - Need help planning
- 7 Unreliable www.cancuntransfers.com - DO NOT USE their service
- 8 best hotel for family traveling with young adults in Panama City
- 9 A Week in Montezuma
- 10 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 11 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 12 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 13 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 14 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 15 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 16 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 17 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 18 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 19 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 20 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 21 Belize Itinerary help!
- 22 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 23 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 24 Costa Rica Travel
- 25 Planning Mexico by February