I want to got to Mexico / Central America to do a Spanish course, leaving at the end of January 2013. I don't have much time to plan it, and can't decide: a) whether to got to Mexico or Guatemala, or: b) Where in Mexico or Guatemala I should go. I have 3 or 4 months so am free to travel around a bit as well. And advice, especially from anyone who has done one / both of them would e greatly appreciated. Ideally I want full Spanish immersion and intensive learning but want to have some fun at the same time. So far I have looked into studying in Puebla (Spanish Institute of Puebla and LIVIT immersion program) and Merida (Spanish Institute of Merida and HABLA) in Mexico, and Antigua and San Pedro in Guatemala. My worry with Guatemala is that it is too touristy so I won't learn that much, and my worry with Mexico (esp. Puebla) is that it won't be that fun at this time of year!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 2 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 3 Mexico in March - questions
- 4 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 5 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 6 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 7 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 8 Merida in March
- 9 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 10 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 11 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 12 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 13 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 14 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 15 travel in Yucatan
- 16 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 17 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 18 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 19 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 20 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 21 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 22 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
- 23 Insect Repellent, Sunscreen in Belize?
- 24 Muyil Ruins and Sian Ka'an Biosphere, Meixco
- 25 Brunch / Lunch for 8 with fix price?