I want to got to Mexico / Central America to do a Spanish course, leaving at the end of January 2013. I don't have much time to plan it, and can't decide: a) whether to got to Mexico or Guatemala, or: b) Where in Mexico or Guatemala I should go. I have 3 or 4 months so am free to travel around a bit as well. And advice, especially from anyone who has done one / both of them would e greatly appreciated. Ideally I want full Spanish immersion and intensive learning but want to have some fun at the same time. So far I have looked into studying in Puebla (Spanish Institute of Puebla and LIVIT immersion program) and Merida (Spanish Institute of Merida and HABLA) in Mexico, and Antigua and San Pedro in Guatemala. My worry with Guatemala is that it is too touristy so I won't learn that much, and my worry with Mexico (esp. Puebla) is that it won't be that fun at this time of year!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Drive La Fortuna to Puerto Jiminez
- 2 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 3 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 4 Best Tour for Wildlife (Jaco, Manuel Antonio Region)
- 5 cabo san lucas - nicer hotel recs/golf
- 6 Where in CR to spend 1 or 2 mos. w/ kids?
- 7 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 8 Shared shuttle from MEX to San Miguel de Allende (and back)?
- 9 Roadtrip Arizona
- 10 Monteverde and Dominical--Doable??
- 11 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 12 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 13 10 Days in Belize and Guatemala
- 14 Belize, first time
- 15 driving question
- 16 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 17 Car Rental Cancun and Tulum
- 18 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 19 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 20 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 21 Departure tax
- 22 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 23 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 24 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 25 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua