I want to got to Mexico / Central America to do a Spanish course, leaving at the end of January 2013. I don't have much time to plan it, and can't decide: a) whether to got to Mexico or Guatemala, or: b) Where in Mexico or Guatemala I should go. I have 3 or 4 months so am free to travel around a bit as well. And advice, especially from anyone who has done one / both of them would e greatly appreciated. Ideally I want full Spanish immersion and intensive learning but want to have some fun at the same time. So far I have looked into studying in Puebla (Spanish Institute of Puebla and LIVIT immersion program) and Merida (Spanish Institute of Merida and HABLA) in Mexico, and Antigua and San Pedro in Guatemala. My worry with Guatemala is that it is too touristy so I won't learn that much, and my worry with Mexico (esp. Puebla) is that it won't be that fun at this time of year!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 1 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 2 Oasis Cancun or Costa Real??
- 3 Oasis Cancun
- 4 Driving
- 5 Driving around costa ica
- 6 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 7 Nice, child-friendly timeshare in Cancun/Playa del Carmen
- 8 Campeche anyone?
- 9 Travel Route in Costa Rica - Tamarindo, Arenal, MonteVerde, Manuel Antonio
- 10 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 11 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 12 Belize in August with teens
- 13 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 14 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 15 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 16 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 17 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 18 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala
- 19 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 20 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 21 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 22 AI in Cancun vicinity
- 23 Cancun day trips
- 24 Quick CR Trip Report
- 25 Notorized Letter of Consent