I want to got to Mexico / Central America to do a Spanish course, leaving at the end of January 2013. I don't have much time to plan it, and can't decide: a) whether to got to Mexico or Guatemala, or: b) Where in Mexico or Guatemala I should go. I have 3 or 4 months so am free to travel around a bit as well. And advice, especially from anyone who has done one / both of them would e greatly appreciated. Ideally I want full Spanish immersion and intensive learning but want to have some fun at the same time. So far I have looked into studying in Puebla (Spanish Institute of Puebla and LIVIT immersion program) and Merida (Spanish Institute of Merida and HABLA) in Mexico, and Antigua and San Pedro in Guatemala. My worry with Guatemala is that it is too touristy so I won't learn that much, and my worry with Mexico (esp. Puebla) is that it won't be that fun at this time of year!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 San Jose del Cabo-La Playita Beach
- 2 mexico city and puebla?
- 3 10 Day Costa Rica
- 4 Family Resort Cancun/Playa
- 5 A week in San Jose Costa Rica
- 6 7 day itinerary for Costa Rica
- 7 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 8 Family Christmas Vacation in Mexico
- 9 Cancun to Guatemala
- 10 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 11 Top Mayan Ruins to visit
- 12 San Miguel trivia
- 13 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 14 Mid September Honeymoon Suggestions Inclusive
- 15 Can a U.S permanent resident driving feom Cancun to Belize City, Belize?
- 16 Need wedding white wine in Costa Rica
- 17 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 18 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 19 puerto vallarta
- 20 California Baja
- 21 Family All inclusive Riviera Maya
- 22 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 23 Best plan - suggestions
- 24 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 25 Costa Rica Honeymoon May 2018