I want to got to Mexico / Central America to do a Spanish course, leaving at the end of January 2013. I don't have much time to plan it, and can't decide: a) whether to got to Mexico or Guatemala, or: b) Where in Mexico or Guatemala I should go. I have 3 or 4 months so am free to travel around a bit as well. And advice, especially from anyone who has done one / both of them would e greatly appreciated. Ideally I want full Spanish immersion and intensive learning but want to have some fun at the same time. So far I have looked into studying in Puebla (Spanish Institute of Puebla and LIVIT immersion program) and Merida (Spanish Institute of Merida and HABLA) in Mexico, and Antigua and San Pedro in Guatemala. My worry with Guatemala is that it is too touristy so I won't learn that much, and my worry with Mexico (esp. Puebla) is that it won't be that fun at this time of year!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico with 6 yr. olds: want beach and history- Suggestions?
- 2 Costa Rica first time rent a car?
- 3 Long ride to Nayara. Are there good options along the way?
- 4 Granada vs San Juan, all you need to know
- 5 Rental Car in Mexico
- 6 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 7 Five nights Ambergris Caye - Itinerary help
- 8 Packing for Ambergris Caye
- 9 Costa Rica--first time
- 10 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 11 caravan tour of costa rica
- 12 Blue Hole
- 13 Car rental in Cancun
- 14 Proposal
- 15 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 16 driving from laredo to the pacific side
- 17 Itinerary help for 7 days out of Cancun to beaches and Ruins!
- 18 Villa, hotel recommendations for 3 families, 6 kids in Costa Rica
- 19 Gran Hotel de Querataro
- 20 Seaweed
- 21 Honeymoon itinerary help!
- 22 Some suggestions for Mayan Riveria
- 23 Savegre Hotel
- 24 The russians are coming to Nicaragua
- 25 Guanacaste & Puntarenas