I want to got to Mexico / Central America to do a Spanish course, leaving at the end of January 2013. I don't have much time to plan it, and can't decide: a) whether to got to Mexico or Guatemala, or: b) Where in Mexico or Guatemala I should go. I have 3 or 4 months so am free to travel around a bit as well. And advice, especially from anyone who has done one / both of them would e greatly appreciated. Ideally I want full Spanish immersion and intensive learning but want to have some fun at the same time. So far I have looked into studying in Puebla (Spanish Institute of Puebla and LIVIT immersion program) and Merida (Spanish Institute of Merida and HABLA) in Mexico, and Antigua and San Pedro in Guatemala. My worry with Guatemala is that it is too touristy so I won't learn that much, and my worry with Mexico (esp. Puebla) is that it won't be that fun at this time of year!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 @!@!YAHOO technical Support phone number 1888+482+3831@!@
- 2 Sad Sad Day for my favorite beach city
- 3 New to Travel is Costa Rica in Rainy Season
- 4 best AI Adult in Cancun and the Riviera
- 5 San Jose to Puerto Viejo Costa Rica and Hostel in San Jose
- 6 Guanajuato to Mexico City and Butterfly Sanctuary
- 7 Returning home
- 8 White hair in Valladolid....
- 9 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 10 Please help with my Yucatan itinerary
- 11 Uber in Panama
- 12 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 13 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 14 Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica
- 15 Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) Non AL suggestions
- 16 4 days in Belize
- 17 Belize trip report-April 3-10th
- 18 Belize in Aug 25-Sep3
- 19 Luxury hotel off the beaten path?
- 20 An Afternoon In Guadalajara
- 21 Sayulita in September
- 22 Tulum Ruins
- 23 5 day belize itinerary
- 24 2 weeks in Costa Rica: Go North or South?
- 25 Copper Canyon