I want to got to Mexico / Central America to do a Spanish course, leaving at the end of January 2013. I don't have much time to plan it, and can't decide: a) whether to got to Mexico or Guatemala, or: b) Where in Mexico or Guatemala I should go. I have 3 or 4 months so am free to travel around a bit as well. And advice, especially from anyone who has done one / both of them would e greatly appreciated. Ideally I want full Spanish immersion and intensive learning but want to have some fun at the same time. So far I have looked into studying in Puebla (Spanish Institute of Puebla and LIVIT immersion program) and Merida (Spanish Institute of Merida and HABLA) in Mexico, and Antigua and San Pedro in Guatemala. My worry with Guatemala is that it is too touristy so I won't learn that much, and my worry with Mexico (esp. Puebla) is that it won't be that fun at this time of year!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 My timeshare scam experience
- 2 What to do in Costa Rica when it rains?
- 3 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 4 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 5 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 6 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 7 Costa Rica car rental insurance nightmare
- 8 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 9 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 10 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 11 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 12 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 13 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 14 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 15 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 16 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 17 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 18 Music Video
- 19 July Adventure
- 20 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 21 Guatemala trip in August?
- 22 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 23 Driving Central America
- 24 Nicaragua -- connection
- 25 Driving in Mexico