I want to got to Mexico / Central America to do a Spanish course, leaving at the end of January 2013. I don't have much time to plan it, and can't decide: a) whether to got to Mexico or Guatemala, or: b) Where in Mexico or Guatemala I should go. I have 3 or 4 months so am free to travel around a bit as well. And advice, especially from anyone who has done one / both of them would e greatly appreciated. Ideally I want full Spanish immersion and intensive learning but want to have some fun at the same time. So far I have looked into studying in Puebla (Spanish Institute of Puebla and LIVIT immersion program) and Merida (Spanish Institute of Merida and HABLA) in Mexico, and Antigua and San Pedro in Guatemala. My worry with Guatemala is that it is too touristy so I won't learn that much, and my worry with Mexico (esp. Puebla) is that it won't be that fun at this time of year!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://elevategffacts.com/ultimate-testo-explosion/
- 2 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 3 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 4 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 5 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 6 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 7 driving down through mexico
- 8 Things to do in Cabo
- 9 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 10 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 11 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 13 Planning a trip to Panama
- 14 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 15 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 16 Driving in Mexico
- 17 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 18 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 19 unsafe?
- 20 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 21 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 22 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 23 Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California
- 24 Driving in Costa Rica
- 25 Playa Mujeres