I want to got to Mexico / Central America to do a Spanish course, leaving at the end of January 2013. I don't have much time to plan it, and can't decide: a) whether to got to Mexico or Guatemala, or: b) Where in Mexico or Guatemala I should go. I have 3 or 4 months so am free to travel around a bit as well. And advice, especially from anyone who has done one / both of them would e greatly appreciated. Ideally I want full Spanish immersion and intensive learning but want to have some fun at the same time. So far I have looked into studying in Puebla (Spanish Institute of Puebla and LIVIT immersion program) and Merida (Spanish Institute of Merida and HABLA) in Mexico, and Antigua and San Pedro in Guatemala. My worry with Guatemala is that it is too touristy so I won't learn that much, and my worry with Mexico (esp. Puebla) is that it won't be that fun at this time of year!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Traveling with a baby to Mexico
- 2 Solo touring in Panama City
- 3 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 4 Mexico City and...?
- 5 Driving in CR
- 6 Getting to Laguna San Ignacio from Wisconsin
- 7 Day trip from Merida - seeking recommendations
- 8 Recommendations for a Mexico City hotel needed
- 9 Advice for 2 days in Mexico City
- 10 Tamarindo Sept
- 11 Actual beachfront hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca???
- 12 Trip help -is MA necessary if I'm going to Osa?
- 13 Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- 14 4 hour tour in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 15 Need help for trip to Costa Rica in December
- 16 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 17 Visit to Panama - all inclusive r&r combined with adventure ..
- 18 Renting Car in Mexico
- 19 Cancun All inclusive
- 20 Cancun Transfer Timing
- 21 Belize in mid September
- 22 Mexico City Airport hotel transportation question
- 23 Budget Belize
- 24 3 weeks in PV next summer with kids
- 25 Costa Rica Itinerary Help