I want to got to Mexico / Central America to do a Spanish course, leaving at the end of January 2013. I don't have much time to plan it, and can't decide: a) whether to got to Mexico or Guatemala, or: b) Where in Mexico or Guatemala I should go. I have 3 or 4 months so am free to travel around a bit as well. And advice, especially from anyone who has done one / both of them would e greatly appreciated. Ideally I want full Spanish immersion and intensive learning but want to have some fun at the same time. So far I have looked into studying in Puebla (Spanish Institute of Puebla and LIVIT immersion program) and Merida (Spanish Institute of Merida and HABLA) in Mexico, and Antigua and San Pedro in Guatemala. My worry with Guatemala is that it is too touristy so I won't learn that much, and my worry with Mexico (esp. Puebla) is that it won't be that fun at this time of year!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 2 Costa Rica Vacation
- 3 mayan ruins family trip
- 4 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 5 travel blog Costa Rica, Aruba and more
- 6 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 7 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 8 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 9 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 10 How safe is driving a car through Mexico
- 11 Playa del Carmen
- 12 Cancun - may or JUne 2015
- 13 Help us find the perfect AI Resort
- 14 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 15 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 16 Mexico
- 17 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 18 Trip ideas needed please
- 19 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 20 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 21 Monterrey, Mexico Safety
- 22 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 23 Work Exchanges in Costa Rica? Please help!
- 24 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 25 Cozumel Diving & Possible Terrible Weather: To change dates or not?