I want to got to Mexico / Central America to do a Spanish course, leaving at the end of January 2013. I don't have much time to plan it, and can't decide: a) whether to got to Mexico or Guatemala, or: b) Where in Mexico or Guatemala I should go. I have 3 or 4 months so am free to travel around a bit as well. And advice, especially from anyone who has done one / both of them would e greatly appreciated. Ideally I want full Spanish immersion and intensive learning but want to have some fun at the same time. So far I have looked into studying in Puebla (Spanish Institute of Puebla and LIVIT immersion program) and Merida (Spanish Institute of Merida and HABLA) in Mexico, and Antigua and San Pedro in Guatemala. My worry with Guatemala is that it is too touristy so I won't learn that much, and my worry with Mexico (esp. Puebla) is that it won't be that fun at this time of year!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 2 live from PV !
- 3 Mexico
- 4 Belize planning help
- 5 Belize itinerary help
- 6 Another Yucatan trip report
- 7 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 8 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 9 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 10 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 11 2017 SMA Trip
- 12 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 13 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 14 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 15 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 16 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 17 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 18 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 19 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 20 Bocas ??
- 21 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 22 San Luis Potosi & La Huasteca
- 23 Costa Rica Connection
- 24 Where to stay in Cayo District
- 25 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita