I want to got to Mexico / Central America to do a Spanish course, leaving at the end of January 2013. I don't have much time to plan it, and can't decide: a) whether to got to Mexico or Guatemala, or: b) Where in Mexico or Guatemala I should go. I have 3 or 4 months so am free to travel around a bit as well. And advice, especially from anyone who has done one / both of them would e greatly appreciated. Ideally I want full Spanish immersion and intensive learning but want to have some fun at the same time. So far I have looked into studying in Puebla (Spanish Institute of Puebla and LIVIT immersion program) and Merida (Spanish Institute of Merida and HABLA) in Mexico, and Antigua and San Pedro in Guatemala. My worry with Guatemala is that it is too touristy so I won't learn that much, and my worry with Mexico (esp. Puebla) is that it won't be that fun at this time of year!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 2 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 3 Returning home
- 4 Dr Simon Andrew Casey - Want to know about Mexican Culture ??
- 5 Cancun all inclusive
- 6 Ticket changes for Tikal - buy in advance at Banrural bank
- 7 Suggested destinations, Yucatan Peninsula, Xmas/NYE.
- 8 Advice Needed For a Trip to Belize
- 9 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 10 Your favorite Mayan sites?
- 11 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Expired Mexican Passport going to Mexico
- 13 Recommendations for family vacation in Puerto Vallarta or other ideas???
- 14 White hair in Valladolid....
- 15 Roatan
- 16 One week in CR...stay in one area or divide time
- 17 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 18 Puerto Vallarta Easter Weekend 2017
- 19 Driving Time
- 20 Guanajuato
- 21 best new site in costa rica
- 22 Family of 13 travelling week of Christmas
- 23 Help with open jaw itinerary Oaxaca to beach
- 24 Costa Rica
- 25 Gran Caribe Resort