I want to got to Mexico / Central America to do a Spanish course, leaving at the end of January 2013. I don't have much time to plan it, and can't decide: a) whether to got to Mexico or Guatemala, or: b) Where in Mexico or Guatemala I should go. I have 3 or 4 months so am free to travel around a bit as well. And advice, especially from anyone who has done one / both of them would e greatly appreciated. Ideally I want full Spanish immersion and intensive learning but want to have some fun at the same time. So far I have looked into studying in Puebla (Spanish Institute of Puebla and LIVIT immersion program) and Merida (Spanish Institute of Merida and HABLA) in Mexico, and Antigua and San Pedro in Guatemala. My worry with Guatemala is that it is too touristy so I won't learn that much, and my worry with Mexico (esp. Puebla) is that it won't be that fun at this time of year!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica in Christmas 2016
- 2 Destination for 3 kids under 5 - Cancun?
- 3 day trips from Mexico City
- 4 Amazing..
- 5 help from a Panamanian
- 6 Dynamic Airways = LAX to Cancun
- 7 Hotel Recommendation for Riviera Maya please help!
- 8 Cancun Beach Snorkeling 6/2016
- 9 Playa del carmen - airbnb
- 10 Looking for Good Remote Study Location
- 11 advice for costa rica about tennagers .
- 12 Pearl Keys
- 13 Transportation from the Royal Playa Del Carmen to Iberostar Grand Pariso
- 14 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 15 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 16 Niaragua Adventures: Beware of the Small Print
- 17 Grand sunset princess (playa del carmen)
- 18 Picky traveler looking for a hidden gem
- 19 Honeymoon in mid-September?
- 20 Hotel Recommendations for Costa Rica
- 21 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 22 Food cost for Caye Caulker, Belize or the islands?
- 23 Do NOT use ALAMO
- 24 Costa Rica- July trip
- 25 5 night Itinerary - Yucatan Peninsula