I want to got to Mexico / Central America to do a Spanish course, leaving at the end of January 2013. I don't have much time to plan it, and can't decide: a) whether to got to Mexico or Guatemala, or: b) Where in Mexico or Guatemala I should go. I have 3 or 4 months so am free to travel around a bit as well. And advice, especially from anyone who has done one / both of them would e greatly appreciated. Ideally I want full Spanish immersion and intensive learning but want to have some fun at the same time. So far I have looked into studying in Puebla (Spanish Institute of Puebla and LIVIT immersion program) and Merida (Spanish Institute of Merida and HABLA) in Mexico, and Antigua and San Pedro in Guatemala. My worry with Guatemala is that it is too touristy so I won't learn that much, and my worry with Mexico (esp. Puebla) is that it won't be that fun at this time of year!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Playa Del Carmen Day Tours
- 2 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 3 Guatemala customs question
- 4 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 5 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 6 Jaco to Montezuma ferry- has anyone taken it??
- 7 booking rooms for spring break
- 8 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 9 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 10 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 11 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 12 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 13 Costa Rica questions
- 14 Mextrotter
- 15 CAR RENTAL 4WD COSTA RICA
- 16 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 17 How to Reach Cancun Tourists
- 18 Costa Rica Osa Questions
- 19 Back from Bosque del Cabo
- 20 costa rica
- 21 Costa Rica during Easter week?
- 22 Car rental Cancun
- 23 Three week backpacking adventure with kids….
- 24 Christmas in Puebla?
- 25 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize