I want to got to Mexico / Central America to do a Spanish course, leaving at the end of January 2013. I don't have much time to plan it, and can't decide: a) whether to got to Mexico or Guatemala, or: b) Where in Mexico or Guatemala I should go. I have 3 or 4 months so am free to travel around a bit as well. And advice, especially from anyone who has done one / both of them would e greatly appreciated. Ideally I want full Spanish immersion and intensive learning but want to have some fun at the same time. So far I have looked into studying in Puebla (Spanish Institute of Puebla and LIVIT immersion program) and Merida (Spanish Institute of Merida and HABLA) in Mexico, and Antigua and San Pedro in Guatemala. My worry with Guatemala is that it is too touristy so I won't learn that much, and my worry with Mexico (esp. Puebla) is that it won't be that fun at this time of year!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 2 Iberostar Club Membership Sales Pitch
- 3 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 4 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 5 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
- 6 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 7 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 8 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal
- 9 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 10 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 11 A WHALE Of A TALE
- 12 Panama made us Panamaniacs, Trip Report Dec/Jan 2015-16
- 13 Fonda Vela
- 14 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 15 mexico vs dominican republic vacation
- 16 Privat Tour Options for Chichen itza + Tulum
- 17 Mosquitoes and the Zika virus
- 18 Cancun 7 day trip advice needed
- 19 Driver needed for Panama City
- 20 Costa Rica Cruise - Part 3
- 21 Warm Temp for Snorkling
- 22 Cruise to Costa Rica 2016
- 23 Costa Rica Cruise - Details
- 24 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 25 Help us plan a Mayan Ruins plus Wildlife trip