These forums have always been so helpful. A friend and I found a great flight (last minute) to Costa Rica, but I realize that this is the high season and finding places to stay will be difficult. I am not sure where to start, but this is what I was thinking:
- Arrive in San Jose and spend night there (we get in on an 2 am flight)
- Drive to Tamarindo (with a stop in Nisara) for 2-3 days for NYE
- Day visit to Rincon de la vieja
- Day visit to Monteverde
-Drive to Arenal for 1 day
-Drive to Manuel Antonio for 2 days
-Drive back to San Jose for last day/flight out
Is this too much for 8 days? Are there better areas to visit?
Also, would appreciate inexpensive hotel/B&B suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Get tools you can too make it faste day
- 2 Uncrowded Experience in Yucatan
- 3 Costa Rica - Staying in Playa Hermosa??
- 4 Guanajuato
- 5 Costa Rica January
- 6 Hotel Punta Islita
- 7 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 8 Need a 2 bedroom hotel room in Historical district
- 9 NEED HELP WITH DAY OF THE DEAD AND BUTTERFLIES TRIP
- 10 Guatemala trip tribute Part II
- 11 30th wedding anniversary trip planning - Mexico
- 12 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 13 Two active couples looking for accommodations in Costa Rica
- 14 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 15 Shopping
- 16 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 17 Yucatan travel guide recommendations
- 18 Driving in Belize
- 19 Mexico itinerary for 8-9 days
- 20 Guatemala trip tribute Part I
- 21 Roatan
- 22 Mexico City and...?
- 23 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 24 Isla Mujeres over Thanksgiving
- 25 First time to cabo helP??
HELP! Celebrating New Year's Eve in Costa Rica for first trip!!