These forums have always been so helpful. A friend and I found a great flight (last minute) to Costa Rica, but I realize that this is the high season and finding places to stay will be difficult. I am not sure where to start, but this is what I was thinking:
- Arrive in San Jose and spend night there (we get in on an 2 am flight)
- Drive to Tamarindo (with a stop in Nisara) for 2-3 days for NYE
- Day visit to Rincon de la vieja
- Day visit to Monteverde
-Drive to Arenal for 1 day
-Drive to Manuel Antonio for 2 days
-Drive back to San Jose for last day/flight out
Is this too much for 8 days? Are there better areas to visit?
Also, would appreciate inexpensive hotel/B&B suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cancun
- 2 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 3 Impulse buy: ticket to Guatemala
- 4 Riviera Maya vs Costa Rica with kids
- 5 Mexico City weather
- 6 Guatemala with 7 year old
- 7 Mexico City alone last week of December
- 8 A Weekend in Mexico DF: Suggestions Needed
- 9 Costa Rica with kids
- 10 New Year 2016 Mexico City
- 11 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 12 Riviera Maya itinerary
- 13 Transportation Riviera Maya
- 14 public transporatation from Guadalajara to Ajijic
- 15 Costa Rica itinerary and lodges -- please help
- 16 Honeymoon August 2016
- 17 First trip to Mexico...any help appreciated
- 18 Help with Riviera Maya trip
- 19 Cancun Time share fraud to new level - Be aware
- 20 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 21 Trip to Panama with child(8 yrs) Thanksgiving 2015
- 22 Transportation from Mexico City to Coyocan & ????
- 23 Cancun AI resorts
- 24 Valladolid/ Flamingos in Rio Lagartos
- 25 Advice on 3wk itinerary covering MX,GT,BZ by car
HELP! Celebrating New Year's Eve in Costa Rica for first trip!!