These forums have always been so helpful. A friend and I found a great flight (last minute) to Costa Rica, but I realize that this is the high season and finding places to stay will be difficult. I am not sure where to start, but this is what I was thinking:
- Arrive in San Jose and spend night there (we get in on an 2 am flight)
- Drive to Tamarindo (with a stop in Nisara) for 2-3 days for NYE
- Day visit to Rincon de la vieja
- Day visit to Monteverde
-Drive to Arenal for 1 day
-Drive to Manuel Antonio for 2 days
-Drive back to San Jose for last day/flight out
Is this too much for 8 days? Are there better areas to visit?
Also, would appreciate inexpensive hotel/B&B suggestions!!
HELP! Celebrating New Year's Eve in Costa Rica for first trip!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 First Timer to Mexico - Itinerary help please
- 2 Food poisoning?
- 3 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 4 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 5 Maya Riviera to Belize or Costa Rica or Panama?
- 6 The product is really effective in reducing
- 7 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 8 Mexico City
- 9 Do we need special insurance or driver's license for rental car in Mexico
- 10 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 11 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 12 Cruise with a 10 month old to Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico,and key west.
- 13 Flores to Chetumal by road without crossing through Belize
- 14 Central America travel over New Year's
- 15 Costa Rica after 15 years update me on driving
- 16 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 17 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 18 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 19 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 20 Costa Rica help
- 21 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 22 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 23 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 24 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 25 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price