These forums have always been so helpful. A friend and I found a great flight (last minute) to Costa Rica, but I realize that this is the high season and finding places to stay will be difficult. I am not sure where to start, but this is what I was thinking:
- Arrive in San Jose and spend night there (we get in on an 2 am flight)
- Drive to Tamarindo (with a stop in Nisara) for 2-3 days for NYE
- Day visit to Rincon de la vieja
- Day visit to Monteverde
-Drive to Arenal for 1 day
-Drive to Manuel Antonio for 2 days
-Drive back to San Jose for last day/flight out
Is this too much for 8 days? Are there better areas to visit?
Also, would appreciate inexpensive hotel/B&B suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize-first timer ?s for Cayes & Cayo w/ Guatemala
- 2 ATV's, Nightlife, and Poker Cancun
- 3 Private Driver/Assistant Cancun
- 4 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 5 Sayulita, Mexico Beaches and hotels
- 6 Activities in Costa Rica
- 7 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 8 beaches in El Salvador near a town
- 9 Gluten Free Belize
- 10 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 11 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 12 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 13 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 14 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 15 In Cancun right now..
- 16 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 17 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 18 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 19 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 20 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 21 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 22 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 23 Places to stay in Belize
- 24 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
- 25 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
HELP! Celebrating New Year's Eve in Costa Rica for first trip!!