These forums have always been so helpful. A friend and I found a great flight (last minute) to Costa Rica, but I realize that this is the high season and finding places to stay will be difficult. I am not sure where to start, but this is what I was thinking:
- Arrive in San Jose and spend night there (we get in on an 2 am flight)
- Drive to Tamarindo (with a stop in Nisara) for 2-3 days for NYE
- Day visit to Rincon de la vieja
- Day visit to Monteverde
-Drive to Arenal for 1 day
-Drive to Manuel Antonio for 2 days
-Drive back to San Jose for last day/flight out
Is this too much for 8 days? Are there better areas to visit?
Also, would appreciate inexpensive hotel/B&B suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 2 Beach for kids in CR
- 3 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 4 spa resort: HELP Cabo or Costa Rica?
- 5 Fiesta de Carnaval on Ambergris Caye
- 6 Costa Rica itinerary
- 7 Oscar y Lalos is no longer on the beach - time to update the guidebook
- 8 Suggestions needed for a family trip on the cheap
- 9 Four days in Panama.. Where to get out of the city before coming back?
- 10 2 months in nicaragua - solo female
- 11 HoneyMoon - Gutemala - Mexico
- 12 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 13 DF: Any's Hostal vs Dos Fridas y Diego re location
- 14 Costa Rica - First trip itinerary, jaguar rescue center visit
- 15 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 16 La Fortuna via Poas
- 17 Riviera Maya: Five Days of Peace & Plenty
- 18 Costa Rica - Arenal & Tamarindo questions
- 19 Sleeping At San Jose Airport
- 20 Entering Guatemala on a One-Way Ticket
- 21 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 22 Yet another Costa Rica question!
- 23 E. Coast Mexican resort good for teens?
- 24 Cobo San Lucas For The Day
- 25 Patricia missed Puerta Vallarta, so...
HELP! Celebrating New Year's Eve in Costa Rica for first trip!!