These forums have always been so helpful. A friend and I found a great flight (last minute) to Costa Rica, but I realize that this is the high season and finding places to stay will be difficult. I am not sure where to start, but this is what I was thinking:
- Arrive in San Jose and spend night there (we get in on an 2 am flight)
- Drive to Tamarindo (with a stop in Nisara) for 2-3 days for NYE
- Day visit to Rincon de la vieja
- Day visit to Monteverde
-Drive to Arenal for 1 day
-Drive to Manuel Antonio for 2 days
-Drive back to San Jose for last day/flight out
Is this too much for 8 days? Are there better areas to visit?
Also, would appreciate inexpensive hotel/B&B suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://eyeluminoushelps.com/falcon-tactical-flashlight/
- 2 Non tourist beach in December
- 3 unsafe?
- 4 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 5 Driving in Mexico
- 6 Sending things back home.
- 7 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 8 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 9 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 10 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 11 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
- 12 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 13 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 14 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 15 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2016
- 16 White hair in Valladolid....
- 17 cenotes/yucatan peninsula
- 18 unsafer?
- 19 Gamboa Rainforest Resort alternative
- 20 Budget Belize
- 21 Suggestions for a quick trip to Belize
- 22 Costa Rica for business
- 23 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta
- 24 Mexico City safety
- 25 My Topic TitleHow to get to Chiquila from Cancún
HELP! Celebrating New Year's Eve in Costa Rica for first trip!!