These forums have always been so helpful. A friend and I found a great flight (last minute) to Costa Rica, but I realize that this is the high season and finding places to stay will be difficult. I am not sure where to start, but this is what I was thinking:
- Arrive in San Jose and spend night there (we get in on an 2 am flight)
- Drive to Tamarindo (with a stop in Nisara) for 2-3 days for NYE
- Day visit to Rincon de la vieja
- Day visit to Monteverde
-Drive to Arenal for 1 day
-Drive to Manuel Antonio for 2 days
-Drive back to San Jose for last day/flight out
Is this too much for 8 days? Are there better areas to visit?
Also, would appreciate inexpensive hotel/B&B suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Br Supplement um novo suplemento de musculação que combina
- 2 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 3 Mexico with 6 yr. olds: want beach and history- Suggestions?
- 4 Costa Rica first time rent a car?
- 5 Long ride to Nayara. Are there good options along the way?
- 6 Granada vs San Juan, all you need to know
- 7 Rental Car in Mexico
- 8 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 9 Five nights Ambergris Caye - Itinerary help
- 10 Packing for Ambergris Caye
- 11 Costa Rica--first time
- 12 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 13 caravan tour of costa rica
- 14 Blue Hole
- 15 Car rental in Cancun
- 16 Proposal
- 17 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 18 driving from laredo to the pacific side
- 19 Itinerary help for 7 days out of Cancun to beaches and Ruins!
- 20 Villa, hotel recommendations for 3 families, 6 kids in Costa Rica
- 21 Gran Hotel de Querataro
- 22 Seaweed
- 23 Honeymoon itinerary help!
- 24 Some suggestions for Mayan Riveria
- 25 Savegre Hotel
HELP! Celebrating New Year's Eve in Costa Rica for first trip!!