These forums have always been so helpful. A friend and I found a great flight (last minute) to Costa Rica, but I realize that this is the high season and finding places to stay will be difficult. I am not sure where to start, but this is what I was thinking:
- Arrive in San Jose and spend night there (we get in on an 2 am flight)
- Drive to Tamarindo (with a stop in Nisara) for 2-3 days for NYE
- Day visit to Rincon de la vieja
- Day visit to Monteverde
-Drive to Arenal for 1 day
-Drive to Manuel Antonio for 2 days
-Drive back to San Jose for last day/flight out
Is this too much for 8 days? Are there better areas to visit?
Also, would appreciate inexpensive hotel/B&B suggestions!!
HELP! Celebrating New Year's Eve in Costa Rica for first trip!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Recommendation for December trip - from Guadalajara
- 2 Cabo San Lucas
- 3 Bringing clothes and fabric to Puerto vallarta
- 4 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 5 Mexico City, DF Restaurant
- 6 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 7 Costa Rica for 9 days in Dec
- 8 tours to gatun locks panama
- 9 Trip ideas needed please
- 10 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 11 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 12 Hopefulist in Guatemala (again) 2014
- 13 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 14 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 15 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 16 Mex City Restaurant
- 17 Guidebook for Oaxaca
- 18 costa rica in two weeks
- 19 Airport policy for departures in Costa Rica
- 20 Cancun Hotel
- 21 Any recommendations for activities or adventures for kids in Riviera Maya
- 22 When to go to the Yucatán or to Puerta Vallarta
- 23 Cuernavaca
- 24 sales tax in Mexico
- 25 Alamo Car rental Liberia Costa Rica