These forums have always been so helpful. A friend and I found a great flight (last minute) to Costa Rica, but I realize that this is the high season and finding places to stay will be difficult. I am not sure where to start, but this is what I was thinking:
- Arrive in San Jose and spend night there (we get in on an 2 am flight)
- Drive to Tamarindo (with a stop in Nisara) for 2-3 days for NYE
- Day visit to Rincon de la vieja
- Day visit to Monteverde
-Drive to Arenal for 1 day
-Drive to Manuel Antonio for 2 days
-Drive back to San Jose for last day/flight out
Is this too much for 8 days? Are there better areas to visit?
Also, would appreciate inexpensive hotel/B&B suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 2 when it comes to fitness, there
- 3 http://www.toptryloburn.com/testadrox/
- 4 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 5 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 6 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 7 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 8 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 9 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 10 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 11 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 12 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 13 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 14 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 15 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 16 Music Video
- 17 July Adventure
- 18 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 19 Guatemala trip in August?
- 20 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 21 Driving Central America
- 22 Nicaragua -- connection
- 23 Driving in Mexico
- 24 june trip-help with itinerary
- 25 3 weeks on the west coast
HELP! Celebrating New Year's Eve in Costa Rica for first trip!!