These forums have always been so helpful. A friend and I found a great flight (last minute) to Costa Rica, but I realize that this is the high season and finding places to stay will be difficult. I am not sure where to start, but this is what I was thinking:
- Arrive in San Jose and spend night there (we get in on an 2 am flight)
- Drive to Tamarindo (with a stop in Nisara) for 2-3 days for NYE
- Day visit to Rincon de la vieja
- Day visit to Monteverde
-Drive to Arenal for 1 day
-Drive to Manuel Antonio for 2 days
-Drive back to San Jose for last day/flight out
Is this too much for 8 days? Are there better areas to visit?
Also, would appreciate inexpensive hotel/B&B suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 T@LL : Get the App CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 kaspersky Tec*h SUPP0RT*CAre
- 2 Help! Should I go to Central America during the rainy season?
- 3 Accommodation near Urique and Posada Barrancas, Mexico
- 4 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 5 Mexico City over Christmas
- 6 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 7 Need Help with Costa Rica
- 8 info needed on NW Mexico trip
- 9 Tulum Beachfront Lodging with Tweens
- 10 Cozumel airport transfers
- 11 Best plan - suggestions
- 12 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 13 Vacation choices
- 14 Puerto Vallarta
- 15 nicaragua-Rancho Santana
- 16 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 17 PV Questions about art, food, cooking classes!
- 18 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 19 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 20 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 21 Isla Holbox - where did you stay?
- 22 Olmec Colossal Heads
- 23 Tour Guide - Mexico City
- 24 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 25 1/2 day excursions
HELP! Celebrating New Year's Eve in Costa Rica for first trip!!