These forums have always been so helpful. A friend and I found a great flight (last minute) to Costa Rica, but I realize that this is the high season and finding places to stay will be difficult. I am not sure where to start, but this is what I was thinking:
- Arrive in San Jose and spend night there (we get in on an 2 am flight)
- Drive to Tamarindo (with a stop in Nisara) for 2-3 days for NYE
- Day visit to Rincon de la vieja
- Day visit to Monteverde
-Drive to Arenal for 1 day
-Drive to Manuel Antonio for 2 days
-Drive back to San Jose for last day/flight out
Is this too much for 8 days? Are there better areas to visit?
Also, would appreciate inexpensive hotel/B&B suggestions!!
HELP! Celebrating New Year's Eve in Costa Rica for first trip!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Planning a trip to Costa Rica with a 10 and 13 year old
- 2 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 3 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 4 La paz at christmas
- 5 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 6 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 7 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 8 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 9 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 10 Guatemala customs question
- 11 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 12 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 13 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 14 Costa Rica questions
- 15 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 16 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 17 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 18 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 19 Rainy season
- 20 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 21 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 22 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 23 booking rooms for spring break
- 24 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 25 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?