These forums have always been so helpful. A friend and I found a great flight (last minute) to Costa Rica, but I realize that this is the high season and finding places to stay will be difficult. I am not sure where to start, but this is what I was thinking:
- Arrive in San Jose and spend night there (we get in on an 2 am flight)
- Drive to Tamarindo (with a stop in Nisara) for 2-3 days for NYE
- Day visit to Rincon de la vieja
- Day visit to Monteverde
-Drive to Arenal for 1 day
-Drive to Manuel Antonio for 2 days
-Drive back to San Jose for last day/flight out
Is this too much for 8 days? Are there better areas to visit?
Also, would appreciate inexpensive hotel/B&B suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.kesamuroa.com/luxure-ageless-cream/
- 2 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 3 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 4 Costa Rica
- 5 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 6 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 7 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 8 Planning a trip to Panama
- 9 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 10 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 11 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 12 best air route san diego to san jose
- 13 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 14 reliable car rental company??
- 15 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 16 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 17 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 18 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 19 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam
- 20 Puerto Vallarta
- 21 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 22 Panama or Costa Rica?
- 23 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...
- 24 Need help ASAP for Belize
- 25 Are dogs allowed on the beaches
HELP! Celebrating New Year's Eve in Costa Rica for first trip!!