My boyfriend and I are thinking of backpacking in either Belize or Guatemala for the month of July this summer. We've never been to Central America and I don't know anything about the weather or things to do in either of those countries. We are into outdoorsy activities but also want to get away from tourist attractions. Do you have any recommendations/info on which country to go to, what the weather is like, and what to do?
Thanks so much, your knowledge and input is greatly appreciated!
Guatemala or Belize in July?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 2 Cheap Hotels in Mexico City?
- 3 7 Days in Cost Rica--asking for advice
- 4 40th Birthday Trip
- 5 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 6 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 7 Recomendations on getting to Tikal from Belize City
- 8 Planning a trip to Costa Rica with a 10 and 13 year old
- 9 Dreams Riviera Cancun?
- 10 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 11 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 12 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 13 La paz at christmas
- 14 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 15 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 16 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 17 Guatemala customs question
- 18 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 19 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 20 Costa Rica questions
- 21 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 22 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 23 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 24 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 25 Rainy season