My boyfriend and I are thinking of backpacking in either Belize or Guatemala for the month of July this summer. We've never been to Central America and I don't know anything about the weather or things to do in either of those countries. We are into outdoorsy activities but also want to get away from tourist attractions. Do you have any recommendations/info on which country to go to, what the weather is like, and what to do?
Thanks so much, your knowledge and input is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 beaches in El Salvador near a town
- 2 Gluten Free Belize
- 3 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 4 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 5 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 6 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 7 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 8 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 9 In Cancun right now..
- 10 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 11 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 12 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 13 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 14 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 15 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 16 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 17 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 18 Places to stay in Belize
- 19 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
- 20 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 21 flights to san Jose, costa rica
- 22 Self-directed day trips from Riu Guanacaste?
- 23 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 24 Resort with nightlife for 40th bday
- 25 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?