My boyfriend and I are thinking of backpacking in either Belize or Guatemala for the month of July this summer. We've never been to Central America and I don't know anything about the weather or things to do in either of those countries. We are into outdoorsy activities but also want to get away from tourist attractions. Do you have any recommendations/info on which country to go to, what the weather is like, and what to do?
Thanks so much, your knowledge and input is greatly appreciated!
Guatemala or Belize in July?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 2 Food poisoning?
- 3 Costa Rica Allergy Accommodations for Tree Nuts and Dairy
- 4 First Timer to Mexico - Itinerary help please
- 5 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 6 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 7 Maya Riviera to Belize or Costa Rica or Panama?
- 8 The product is really effective in reducing
- 9 Mexico City
- 10 Do we need special insurance or driver's license for rental car in Mexico
- 11 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 12 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 13 Cruise with a 10 month old to Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico,and key west.
- 14 Flores to Chetumal by road without crossing through Belize
- 15 Central America travel over New Year's
- 16 Costa Rica after 15 years update me on driving
- 17 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 18 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 19 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 20 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 21 Costa Rica help
- 22 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 23 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 24 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 25 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)