My boyfriend and I are thinking of backpacking in either Belize or Guatemala for the month of July this summer. We've never been to Central America and I don't know anything about the weather or things to do in either of those countries. We are into outdoorsy activities but also want to get away from tourist attractions. Do you have any recommendations/info on which country to go to, what the weather is like, and what to do?
Thanks so much, your knowledge and input is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico in March - questions
- 2 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 3 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 4 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 5 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 6 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 7 Merida in March
- 8 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 9 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 10 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 11 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 12 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 13 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 14 travel in Yucatan
- 15 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 16 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 17 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 18 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 19 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 20 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 21 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
- 22 Insect Repellent, Sunscreen in Belize?
- 23 Muyil Ruins and Sian Ka'an Biosphere, Meixco
- 24 Brunch / Lunch for 8 with fix price?
- 25 Another Yucatan trip report