I'd appreciate any help, advice or comments you can provide on our general itinerary. My 18yo son and I travel frequently, really move around, and try to cover as much as we can. So here goes. . .
Day 1-2 Arrive, Head to Antigua, hike to Volcan Pacaya
Day 3 Drive to Lake Atitlan (any thoughts on which village to base), possibly Santa Cruz to San Marcos hike, explore few villages (suggestions?)
Day 4-5 Drive to Quetzaltenago, hit Las Fuentes Georginas, then onto Huehuetenango (anything else to do in area/) Day 6-7 Drive to Coban - Limited Time/Lots of Possibilities (in no particular order) : Candelaria Caves, Semuc Champey, Whitewater rafting (middle Cahabón), Caves of K‘an ba, Lanquin National Park ,Biotopo del Quetzal, Santa Margarita Coffee Tour, Vivero Verapaz, La Grutas Rey Marcos
Day 8-9 Drive to Lake Izabel - Possibilities: Las Siete Altares, Castillo San Felipe, Finca El Paraiso, Aguas Caliente, Manatee Reserve, Boqueron Canyon Day 10 Fly to Flores (anything to do in Flores?) Day 11 Tikal Day 12 Return to Guate, General Site, late afternoon flight to US
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 2 A week in San Jose Costa Rica
- 3 Family Christmas Vacation in Mexico
- 4 10 Day Costa Rica
- 5 Cancun to Guatemala
- 6 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 7 Top Mayan Ruins to visit
- 8 San Jose del Cabo-La Playita Beach
- 9 San Miguel trivia
- 10 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 11 Mid September Honeymoon Suggestions Inclusive
- 12 Can a U.S permanent resident driving feom Cancun to Belize City, Belize?
- 13 Family Resort Cancun/Playa
- 14 Need wedding white wine in Costa Rica
- 15 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 16 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 17 puerto vallarta
- 18 California Baja
- 19 Family All inclusive Riviera Maya
- 20 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 21 Best plan - suggestions
- 22 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 23 Costa Rica Honeymoon May 2018
- 24 Mexico City over Christmas
- 25 Is it crazy to go in August?