I'd appreciate any help, advice or comments you can provide on our general itinerary. My 18yo son and I travel frequently, really move around, and try to cover as much as we can. So here goes. . .
Day 1-2 Arrive, Head to Antigua, hike to Volcan Pacaya
Day 3 Drive to Lake Atitlan (any thoughts on which village to base), possibly Santa Cruz to San Marcos hike, explore few villages (suggestions?)
Day 4-5 Drive to Quetzaltenago, hit Las Fuentes Georginas, then onto Huehuetenango (anything else to do in area/) Day 6-7 Drive to Coban - Limited Time/Lots of Possibilities (in no particular order) : Candelaria Caves, Semuc Champey, Whitewater rafting (middle Cahabón), Caves of K‘an ba, Lanquin National Park ,Biotopo del Quetzal, Santa Margarita Coffee Tour, Vivero Verapaz, La Grutas Rey Marcos
Day 8-9 Drive to Lake Izabel - Possibilities: Las Siete Altares, Castillo San Felipe, Finca El Paraiso, Aguas Caliente, Manatee Reserve, Boqueron Canyon Day 10 Fly to Flores (anything to do in Flores?) Day 11 Tikal Day 12 Return to Guate, General Site, late afternoon flight to US
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://supplementsguide.org/skinfresh-md/
- 2 Cancun tour guides/naturalisits
- 3 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 4 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 5 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 6 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 7 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 8 driving down through mexico
- 9 Things to do in Cabo
- 10 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 11 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 12 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 13 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 14 Planning a trip to Panama
- 15 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 16 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 17 Driving in Mexico
- 18 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 19 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 20 unsafe?
- 21 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 22 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 23 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 24 Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California
- 25 Driving in Costa Rica