My 75 yrs young parents are interested in a tour to Guatemala (I believe its Odyssey tours but I can't find a website). Trip includes Lake Atitlan, Tikal, Antigua, with a possible extension to Copan. They have traveled extensively but are not "adventure" travelers. They are city slickers, in reasonable but not excellent health, and would probably not enjoy the trip without some creature comforts (A/C, decent food). I don't want to discourage them from an adventure, but I would not want them to spend time and $ on a trip if they are going to be uncomfortable or not safe (health-wise). Your advice would be appreciated.
Guatemala for the older traveler
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 2 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 3 Sim card and power
- 4 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 5 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 6 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 7 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 8 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 9 Mexico region question
- 10 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 11 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 12 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 13 Costa rica help
- 14 car rental companies
- 15 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 16 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 17 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 18 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 19 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 20 cozumel tennis
- 21 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 22 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 23 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 24 Baja California
- 25 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun