My 75 yrs young parents are interested in a tour to Guatemala (I believe its Odyssey tours but I can't find a website). Trip includes Lake Atitlan, Tikal, Antigua, with a possible extension to Copan. They have traveled extensively but are not "adventure" travelers. They are city slickers, in reasonable but not excellent health, and would probably not enjoy the trip without some creature comforts (A/C, decent food). I don't want to discourage them from an adventure, but I would not want them to spend time and $ on a trip if they are going to be uncomfortable or not safe (health-wise). Your advice would be appreciated.
Guatemala for the older traveler
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 2 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 3 Cancun-discounts.com
- 4 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 5 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 6 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 7 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 8 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 9 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 10 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 11 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 12 Apartment Finders
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 15 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 16 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 17 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 18 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 19 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 20 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 21 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 22 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 23 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 24 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 25 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old