I'm going to Guatemala next month and will be on my own and on a pretty tight budget.
Can anyone recommend places to stay in Guatemala City and Antigua that are both charming and safe for a woman travelling alone? I like to walk around a city at night and want to feel safe going back to the hotel/b&b/hostel.
Also, what's the best way to get from Flores airport to Tikal? The place I'm staying offered a taxi but they charge $50 and I think that's too much for me.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 2 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 3 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 4 playa del carmen what to do
- 5 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 6 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 7 Giving back to Mexio
- 8 2 months in Central America
- 9 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 10 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 11 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 12 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 13 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 14 Belize planning help
- 15 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 16 Excellent News!
- 17 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 18 Mexico earthquake
- 19 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 20 Cabo
- 21 Best plan - suggestions
- 22 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 23 Transport from Mexico City to San Miguel de Allende
- 24 Costa Rica or Belize?
- 25 Avoid this when arriving to Cancun airport