I'm going to Guatemala next month and will be on my own and on a pretty tight budget.
Can anyone recommend places to stay in Guatemala City and Antigua that are both charming and safe for a woman travelling alone? I like to walk around a city at night and want to feel safe going back to the hotel/b&b/hostel.
Also, what's the best way to get from Flores airport to Tikal? The place I'm staying offered a taxi but they charge $50 and I think that's too much for me.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 2 Grand Mayan Timeshare Scam
- 3 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 4 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 5 Mexico in March - questions
- 6 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 7 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 8 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 9 Merida in March
- 10 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 11 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 12 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 13 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 14 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 15 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 16 travel in Yucatan
- 17 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 18 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 19 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 20 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 21 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 22 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 23 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
- 24 Insect Repellent, Sunscreen in Belize?
- 25 Muyil Ruins and Sian Ka'an Biosphere, Meixco