I have done a lot of research and still feel somewhat overwhelmed. I think I have narrowed most things down but still need some fine tuning with places to stay based on the region. We will fly into Libera and stay 2 nights in Arenal. Either the Baldi or Arenal Springs Resort....any suggestions on one versus the other? We then are planning to drive down to the Guanacaste region to stay in a hotel on the beach and could use some help on which hotel/beach. I like a beautiful beach --not too remote --with shops and restaurants in town. We like to do an activity in the morning and relax on the beach in the afternoon. I am thinking the Playa Hermosa (Playa Hermosa Bosque del Mar) or Playa Flamingo (Flamingo Beach Resort) or Playa Potrero (Sugar Beach Hotel). We do not like all inclusives and prefer a beachfront hotel with pool and bar. Please help with any recommendations on the above or any additonal recommendations on something I have missed!! Thank you!
Guanacaste beach hotels!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 La paz at christmas
- 2 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 3 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 4 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 5 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 6 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 7 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 8 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 9 Guatemala customs question
- 10 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 11 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 12 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 13 Costa Rica questions
- 14 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 15 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 16 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 17 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 18 Rainy season
- 19 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 20 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 21 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 22 booking rooms for spring break
- 23 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 24 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 25 Car Rental in Costa Rica