We (couple in 56 and 63) went to Mexico from April 20-27. We flew into Cancun and rented a car. We took all insurances on the car after seeing posts about having to pay immediately if you have an accident. The price of the insurance was more than double the cost of the car but it was worth it for peace of mind. Driving was a breeze and we had no trouble. We stayed at the Grand Mayan with a time share trade. The place was beautiful. We had the 2 bedroom suite and it was superb. The resort is very large and it was a long walk to the beach from building 11, but it was close to the parking lot where our car was so it worked out. We did get the time share pitch on our first day, but I was so emphatic in my "no" that we were never bothered again. We drove to Tulum one day to see the Mayan ruins. On the same day we swam in a cenote in Hidden Worlds. Both were very interesting and not to miss. We drove to Playa Del Carmen three times. We bought supplies at the Mega and we had lunch or dinner in town. We played golf at the Grand Coral and at the Grand Mayan. We also spent a day on the beach at the resort. The pools are fantastic and the beach gets a great breeze so we weren't too hot. Overall, we had a fabulous time.
Great Stay in Riviera Maya
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 buy your fake/real passport,id cards,driver license and other documents
- 2 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 3 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 4 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 5 Backpack vs Wheels
- 6 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 7 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 8 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 9 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 10 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 11 Help with 5 days touring time
- 12 Costa Rica trip in March
- 13 Safety in Ixtapa
- 14 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 15 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 16 Adopt an animal donation?
- 17 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 18 Cabo San Lucas
- 19 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 20 Roatan advice
- 21 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 22 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 23 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 24 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 25 Drive from Panama To Belize