I'm wondering what are normal gratuity amounts in Costa Rica. People I think we might want to tip:
- We will have 3 different drivers for longish drives. Airport to Arenal area, Arenal to Manuel Antonio, and MA to airport. What would be a good tip?
- Tour guides on lots of different tours. There are 4 of us in our group, 2 adults and 2 children. Near Arenal, we are doing Hanging Bridges, SkyTrek, Proyecto Asis sanctuary, and Safari Float tour. We will also be doing activities at Club Rio at The Springs. Should I tip for all of these? I think yes... But maybe not sure about Club Rio somehow since that is part of the resort. At MA, we are just doing white water rafting and surf lessons. The surf lessons we are already paying in cash, so I don't know if the instructor works for himself in which case a tip would be sort of redundant.
- We will be getting transportation to most or all of the tours we are doing. I think some include transportation, and for the others transportation has been arranged by our concierges. Should I tip these drivers?
- Finally, our concierges have been very helpful. Should we tip them (I think so) and if so, about how much?
I know tipping is always optional and the amounts should vary by person and how well the experience goes, but I'm sort of looking for a general guideline.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Apply For Drivers License, Passport, Id Card
- 2 Costa Rica with 2 year old and 9 month old
- 3 Do you need ID to use buses between cities in Mexico?
- 4 Puerto Vallarta with Kids
- 5 Amazing trip to Costa Rica with kids
- 6 Mexico -- how many ruins?
- 7 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 8 help from a Panamanian
- 9 Best Panama beach area?
- 10 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 11 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 12 Guanacaste
- 13 Restaurant Raves Puerto Vallarta
- 14 Riu Cancun
- 15 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 16 Passport expires soon
- 17 dental implants
- 18 Los Algodones Baja Mexico
- 19 Need Suggestions for Guatemala
- 20 Santa Cruze Hualtuco
- 21 Is it really worth it to go all the way to Placencia?
- 22 day trips from Mexico City
- 23 Costa Rica - What to see with a guide vs on your own?
- 24 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 25 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
Gratuities in Costa Rica - drivers, concierge, tour guides