I'm wondering what are normal gratuity amounts in Costa Rica. People I think we might want to tip:
- We will have 3 different drivers for longish drives. Airport to Arenal area, Arenal to Manuel Antonio, and MA to airport. What would be a good tip?
- Tour guides on lots of different tours. There are 4 of us in our group, 2 adults and 2 children. Near Arenal, we are doing Hanging Bridges, SkyTrek, Proyecto Asis sanctuary, and Safari Float tour. We will also be doing activities at Club Rio at The Springs. Should I tip for all of these? I think yes... But maybe not sure about Club Rio somehow since that is part of the resort. At MA, we are just doing white water rafting and surf lessons. The surf lessons we are already paying in cash, so I don't know if the instructor works for himself in which case a tip would be sort of redundant.
- We will be getting transportation to most or all of the tours we are doing. I think some include transportation, and for the others transportation has been arranged by our concierges. Should I tip these drivers?
- Finally, our concierges have been very helpful. Should we tip them (I think so) and if so, about how much?
I know tipping is always optional and the amounts should vary by person and how well the experience goes, but I'm sort of looking for a general guideline.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 2 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 3 Mexico in March - questions
- 4 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 5 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 6 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 7 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 8 Merida in March
- 9 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 10 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 11 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 12 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 13 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 14 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 15 travel in Yucatan
- 16 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 17 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 18 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 19 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 20 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 21 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 22 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
- 23 Insect Repellent, Sunscreen in Belize?
- 24 Muyil Ruins and Sian Ka'an Biosphere, Meixco
- 25 Brunch / Lunch for 8 with fix price?
Gratuities in Costa Rica - drivers, concierge, tour guides