I'm wondering what are normal gratuity amounts in Costa Rica. People I think we might want to tip:
- We will have 3 different drivers for longish drives. Airport to Arenal area, Arenal to Manuel Antonio, and MA to airport. What would be a good tip?
- Tour guides on lots of different tours. There are 4 of us in our group, 2 adults and 2 children. Near Arenal, we are doing Hanging Bridges, SkyTrek, Proyecto Asis sanctuary, and Safari Float tour. We will also be doing activities at Club Rio at The Springs. Should I tip for all of these? I think yes... But maybe not sure about Club Rio somehow since that is part of the resort. At MA, we are just doing white water rafting and surf lessons. The surf lessons we are already paying in cash, so I don't know if the instructor works for himself in which case a tip would be sort of redundant.
- We will be getting transportation to most or all of the tours we are doing. I think some include transportation, and for the others transportation has been arranged by our concierges. Should I tip these drivers?
- Finally, our concierges have been very helpful. Should we tip them (I think so) and if so, about how much?
I know tipping is always optional and the amounts should vary by person and how well the experience goes, but I'm sort of looking for a general guideline.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Sad Sad Day for my favorite beach city
- 2 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 3 San Jose to Puerto Viejo Costa Rica and Hostel in San Jose
- 4 New to Travel is Costa Rica in Rainy Season
- 5 best AI Adult in Cancun and the Riviera
- 6 Guanajuato to Mexico City and Butterfly Sanctuary
- 7 Returning home
- 8 White hair in Valladolid....
- 9 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 10 Please help with my Yucatan itinerary
- 11 Uber in Panama
- 12 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 13 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 14 Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica
- 15 Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) Non AL suggestions
- 16 4 days in Belize
- 17 Belize trip report-April 3-10th
- 18 Belize in Aug 25-Sep3
- 19 Luxury hotel off the beaten path?
- 20 An Afternoon In Guadalajara
- 21 Sayulita in September
- 22 Tulum Ruins
- 23 5 day belize itinerary
- 24 2 weeks in Costa Rica: Go North or South?
- 25 Copper Canyon
Gratuities in Costa Rica - drivers, concierge, tour guides