I'm having a bit of trouble finding up to date info on travelling down the coast over land. I have found this info on getting from Belize City to Honduras:
In Belize City, you have a few options, but timing is a concern.
1. Tropic Air flight to San Pedro Sula -- departs BC Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays at 8 am.
2. Water taxi from Belize City to Puerto Cortes, Honduras. Trip time is a few hours, but the boat departs only on Saturday mornings at 9 am (BZ$145).
Both these would be good options if you arrive at Cancun on a Friday and get the overnight bus that arrives in BC at 6 am.
3. There are other water taxis from Dangriga and Placencia, but these option involve a long bus ride and these water taxis depart only on Friday mornings.
4. There is a weekly express bus to San Pedro Sula -- 12 hours & about US$70.
Can anyone tell me how up to date this information is?
Many Thanks Guys
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Food and health in Cancún.
- 2 Travelogue: Mexico City (w/2 small kids)
- 3 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 4 Azul Sensatori
- 5 Costa Rica 5 Days in Fall
- 6 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 7 DF + Where Else? 10-11 days
- 8 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 9 Honeymoon itinerary help!
- 10 La Paloma reviews?
- 11 Westjet flights to Merida
- 12 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 13 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 14 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 15 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 16 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 17 Adult only all inclusive
- 18 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 19 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 20 Belize - Where to Go?
- 21 Savegre Hotel
- 22 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 23 Camera & Accessories
- 24 Wildlife in Belize
- 25 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.