I'm having a bit of trouble finding up to date info on travelling down the coast over land. I have found this info on getting from Belize City to Honduras:
In Belize City, you have a few options, but timing is a concern.
1. Tropic Air flight to San Pedro Sula -- departs BC Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays at 8 am.
2. Water taxi from Belize City to Puerto Cortes, Honduras. Trip time is a few hours, but the boat departs only on Saturday mornings at 9 am (BZ$145).
Both these would be good options if you arrive at Cancun on a Friday and get the overnight bus that arrives in BC at 6 am.
3. There are other water taxis from Dangriga and Placencia, but these option involve a long bus ride and these water taxis depart only on Friday mornings.
4. There is a weekly express bus to San Pedro Sula -- 12 hours & about US$70.
Can anyone tell me how up to date this information is?
Many Thanks Guys
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica arrangements suggestions
- 2 Central America vacation in September
- 3 Granada or Leon
- 4 Tulum area accomidation inpuut
- 5 Rental Car in Mexico
- 6 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 7 What do you think about this testimony?
- 8 Costa Rica--first time
- 9 Sandals in Cancún
- 10 Belize itinerary help
- 11 Dream Tulum or Dreams Riviera?
- 12 Dreams Tulum vs. Dreams Riviera Cancun??
- 13 Costa Rica surfing
- 14 Nicaragua money questions
- 15 Blue Hole
- 16 Costa Rica first time rent a car?
- 17 Panama in December?
- 18 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 19 Mexico with 6 yr. olds: want beach and history- Suggestions?
- 20 Long ride to Nayara. Are there good options along the way?
- 21 Granada vs San Juan, all you need to know
- 22 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 23 Five nights Ambergris Caye - Itinerary help
- 24 Packing for Ambergris Caye
- 25 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations