I'm having a bit of trouble finding up to date info on travelling down the coast over land. I have found this info on getting from Belize City to Honduras:
In Belize City, you have a few options, but timing is a concern.
1. Tropic Air flight to San Pedro Sula -- departs BC Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays at 8 am.
2. Water taxi from Belize City to Puerto Cortes, Honduras. Trip time is a few hours, but the boat departs only on Saturday mornings at 9 am (BZ$145).
Both these would be good options if you arrive at Cancun on a Friday and get the overnight bus that arrives in BC at 6 am.
3. There are other water taxis from Dangriga and Placencia, but these option involve a long bus ride and these water taxis depart only on Friday mornings.
4. There is a weekly express bus to San Pedro Sula -- 12 hours & about US$70.
Can anyone tell me how up to date this information is?
Many Thanks Guys
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Transportation Riviera Maya
- 2 Mexico City weather
- 3 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 4 Help with Riviera Maya trip
- 5 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 6 Howto Accomplish The Ideal Body Ratio
- 7 Trip to Panama with child(8 yrs) Thanksgiving 2015
- 8 Transportation from Mexico City to Coyocan & ????
- 9 Cancun AI resorts
- 10 Valladolid/ Flamingos in Rio Lagartos
- 11 Advice on 3wk itinerary covering MX,GT,BZ by car
- 12 Layover in Mexico City
- 13 Cheap Airfare on United
- 14 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 15 First trip to Mexico...any help appreciated
- 16 Belize planning; independent vs package
- 17 A Weekend in Mexico DF: Suggestions Needed
- 18 Costa Rica itinerary and lodges -- please help
- 19 Cancun and Tulum
- 20 nice hotel between airport and Poas?
- 21 HELP! Overwhelmed by Costa Rica Trip
- 22 February in Costa Rica
- 23 Wild Planet Adventures
- 24 Gap Year Travels
- 25 Selva Verde question