I'm having a bit of trouble finding up to date info on travelling down the coast over land. I have found this info on getting from Belize City to Honduras:
In Belize City, you have a few options, but timing is a concern.
1. Tropic Air flight to San Pedro Sula -- departs BC Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays at 8 am.
2. Water taxi from Belize City to Puerto Cortes, Honduras. Trip time is a few hours, but the boat departs only on Saturday mornings at 9 am (BZ$145).
Both these would be good options if you arrive at Cancun on a Friday and get the overnight bus that arrives in BC at 6 am.
3. There are other water taxis from Dangriga and Placencia, but these option involve a long bus ride and these water taxis depart only on Friday mornings.
4. There is a weekly express bus to San Pedro Sula -- 12 hours & about US$70.
Can anyone tell me how up to date this information is?
Many Thanks Guys
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 2 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 3 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 4 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 5 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 6 driving down through mexico
- 7 Things to do in Cabo
- 8 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 9 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 10 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 11 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 12 Planning a trip to Panama
- 13 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 14 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 15 Driving in Mexico
- 16 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 17 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 18 unsafe?
- 19 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 20 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 21 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 22 Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California
- 23 Driving in Costa Rica
- 24 Playa Mujeres
- 25 zip line (and other activities) for (very) young kids in Guanacaste?