I am going travelling in February. I am starting off with a friend flying into San Jose, Costa Rica and then we are going to Panama then onto Colombia and going all the way down and flying out of Buenos Aires in July. Basically, having saved up the money I am now in the process of decided what to do and where to go. I have various guide books but they are only as good as the day they were published and its good to get a variety of opinion. Ultimately could you tell me the most interesting and fun things you can do out in Costa Rica and Panama, and Colombia, Ecuador, Chile, Peru, Bolivia and Argentina if you want to! As clichéd as it is, my friend and i want to have the best time of our lives! (when else can you go travelling like this without a care in the world). So i would like to know any weird but fun things to do, any of those secret places off the beaten track, where to go out in the evenings like clubs etc and good restaurants and hostels. If anyone could also give me suggestions of a specific route to travel down that would be great.
Also, one of the more important things is getting from Panama to Colombia. I have heard that you get boats from Colon to Cartegena that take about 4 days and go via the San Blas islands which look amazing. Tips and advice on how to do this and cheapest (not dodgy) boats would be greatly appreciated.
Gap Year Travels
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 cozumel tennis
- 4 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 5 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 6 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 7 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 8 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 9 Baja California
- 10 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 11 Mexico region question
- 12 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 13 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 14 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 15 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 16 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 17 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 18 Semana Santa itinerary
- 19 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 20 San Jose del cabo
- 21 Camera Suggestion for Use in Costa Rica Rainforest
- 22 Help planning romantic getaway for my wife to CR or Mexico
- 23 Mexico City! Nice Hotel Within Walking Distance Of Chapultepec Park
- 24 Kiteboarding in Belize
- 25 Road conditions in Belize