My husband and I just returned from a very invigorating, much needed getaway vacation in the Bay Islands of Honduras. We flew in from Florida to Roatan and spent two nights there. For all of the hype and promotional, Roatan and specifically west Bay and West End were over priced and nothing interesting or out of the ordinary Roatan ‘s beaches were fair at best cloudy and lots of sea grass. We next continued on to Guanaja our final destination for the Carnival and stayed at the Guanaja Island Club. This was a really delightful place to stay. First, we met at the airport by Brian and his family the whisked off by boat back to the Resort and had an open pit fired seafood dinner it was lovely. Our accommodations were spacious, clean and very comfortable. We had a spectacular view of Michaels Rock and the sea from out front window. During our stay we went diving a few times with Brian. He is a very good guide and obviously knows his business well. We enjoyed our three days of the diving with him. Since this was carnival we dove and fished during the mornings and went to the party zones in the late afternoons. Mangrove Bight, The Key, Savannah and the Lighthouse beach. It was lots of fun and the local folks were friendly and living it up quite nicely. Meals at the Resort were always large and tasty. I love the seafood especially the stemmed shrimp and conch. Bar drinks had a good amount of liquor in them and they were cheap compared to Roatan, Florida and the Bahamas.
Follow up on Guanja Carnival
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Riviera maya
- 2 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 3 Cabo Alternative
- 4 Cancun & environs move to Eastern time
- 5 24 hours with a car in Cancun. Where to eat? Where to go? There now!
- 6 Cancun in March
- 7 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 8 San Jose del Cabo airport shuttle
- 9 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 10 5 Star NOT AI Beachfront Playa del Carmen
- 11 tamarindo (surfing,gun muggins and wildlife encounters)
- 12 8 days in costa rica!
- 13 Old Belize, Belize (Don't Go!)
- 14 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 15 Car Rental in Panama
- 16 Costa Rica Itinerary Help!
- 17 Belize
- 18 Planning trip to Panama
- 19 Copa Airlines?
- 20 Intercultura Samara Language School, and Safety in Samara
- 21 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 22 bicycle through central america
- 23 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 24 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 25 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?