My husband and I just returned from a very invigorating, much needed getaway vacation in the Bay Islands of Honduras. We flew in from Florida to Roatan and spent two nights there. For all of the hype and promotional, Roatan and specifically west Bay and West End were over priced and nothing interesting or out of the ordinary Roatan ‘s beaches were fair at best cloudy and lots of sea grass. We next continued on to Guanaja our final destination for the Carnival and stayed at the Guanaja Island Club. This was a really delightful place to stay. First, we met at the airport by Brian and his family the whisked off by boat back to the Resort and had an open pit fired seafood dinner it was lovely. Our accommodations were spacious, clean and very comfortable. We had a spectacular view of Michaels Rock and the sea from out front window. During our stay we went diving a few times with Brian. He is a very good guide and obviously knows his business well. We enjoyed our three days of the diving with him. Since this was carnival we dove and fished during the mornings and went to the party zones in the late afternoons. Mangrove Bight, The Key, Savannah and the Lighthouse beach. It was lots of fun and the local folks were friendly and living it up quite nicely. Meals at the Resort were always large and tasty. I love the seafood especially the stemmed shrimp and conch. Bar drinks had a good amount of liquor in them and they were cheap compared to Roatan, Florida and the Bahamas.
Follow up on Guanja Carnival
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Bus from SJO to San Jose , Costa Rica
- 2 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 3 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 4 What area in Mexico is safe for kids with calm beautiful beaches?
- 5 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 6 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 7 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 8 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 9 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 10 Getting to Tortuguero -- worth the trip?
- 11 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 12 Somewhere hot!
- 13 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 14 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 15 Back From Puerto Vallarta
- 16 Cancun-discounts.com
- 17 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 18 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 19 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 20 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 21 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 22 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 23 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 24 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 25 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old