My husband and I just returned from a very invigorating, much needed getaway vacation in the Bay Islands of Honduras. We flew in from Florida to Roatan and spent two nights there. For all of the hype and promotional, Roatan and specifically west Bay and West End were over priced and nothing interesting or out of the ordinary Roatan ‘s beaches were fair at best cloudy and lots of sea grass. We next continued on to Guanaja our final destination for the Carnival and stayed at the Guanaja Island Club. This was a really delightful place to stay. First, we met at the airport by Brian and his family the whisked off by boat back to the Resort and had an open pit fired seafood dinner it was lovely. Our accommodations were spacious, clean and very comfortable. We had a spectacular view of Michaels Rock and the sea from out front window. During our stay we went diving a few times with Brian. He is a very good guide and obviously knows his business well. We enjoyed our three days of the diving with him. Since this was carnival we dove and fished during the mornings and went to the party zones in the late afternoons. Mangrove Bight, The Key, Savannah and the Lighthouse beach. It was lots of fun and the local folks were friendly and living it up quite nicely. Meals at the Resort were always large and tasty. I love the seafood especially the stemmed shrimp and conch. Bar drinks had a good amount of liquor in them and they were cheap compared to Roatan, Florida and the Bahamas.
Follow up on Guanja Carnival
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 2 Food at Leon airport?
- 3 Food at Leon airport?
- 4 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 5 Embera Village
- 6 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 7 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 8 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 9 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 10 Costa Rica & Panama
- 11 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 12 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 13 Tela and La Ceiba
- 14 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 15 March/April weather
- 16 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 17 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 18 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 19 One Week in Southern Belize
- 20 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 21 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!
- 22 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 23 Costa Rica four nights
- 24 One Day San Jose
- 25 Visiting Machu Picchu, Cusco for 7 days.