Hubby, I, and our 10-year old son have just picked a destination for this year's vacation: Costa Rica!!! To avoid the rainy season and for other logistical reasons, our timeline would most likely be a week or so during Christmas and New Year's. However, that seems like the height of the tourist season there. Would it make sense to postpone the trip and go, say, during the Spring break? Or, if we do end up going in the winter, how to make the best of it? Also, we are open to all sorts of activities from beach bumming, snorkeling, hiking to a waterfall or a volcano, ziplining, or white water rafting to observing wildlife in a rain forest and visiting a banana or coffee plantation. But we don't even know where to start. Ideally, we should pick a location (or two) that has enough activities to keep us busy for a week without having to spend too much time moving from one place to another. Please advise (or suggest a reliable travel agent). Thank you!
first time in Costa Rica
- 1 single 30- something girls trip to Costa Rica
- 2 Roatan, Belize and Cozumel excursion ideas in November
- 3 Belize
- 4 First trip to Belize.. help!
- 5 FIRST TIME TO COSTA RICA -- experts please ((HELP))
- 6 Costa Rica Driver
- 7 please help!
- 8 Pedregal Area, Cabo San Lucas -- Help & Input!
- 9 Costa Rica
- 10 Just returned from Playa Del Carmen - have some new recs
- 11 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 12 Oaxaca or San Miguel de Allende
- 13 Need help Planning Costa Rica Trip
- 14 Excellence Resort advice
- 15 (BELIZE )Honeymoon in November - Help!
- 16 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 17 Where's best to stay for scuba?
- 18 Bus from Guadalajara to Puerta Vallarta
- 19 Costa rica questions?
- 20 Baja California
- 21 SJO-Jaco beach transportation
- 22 Motorcycles
- 23 Studying Abroad in Costa Rica
- 24 Best Quaint All Inclusive Resort
- 25 Upcoming Costa Rica Honeymoon Trip!