My boyfriend and I are flying into Liberia on July 9 arriving around noon (this flight is already booked). We plan to rent a car and drive to Arenal area possibly staying in LaFortuna. We only have six nights and also want to see the coast so we only plan to stay three nights and check out on July 12 and head for the beaches around Playa Hermosa, Conchal area. We had to decide between Monteverde and Arenal, both of which we would love to see but not enough time for both. Since the roads leading to Monteverde require slow laborious driving we chose Arenal because we hope to drive there from airport in four hours or less arriving a couple hours before dark and experiencing our first sunset. Is this a good plan? We are considering either Lizards and Leaves or The Lost Iguana. We want to zipline on a GOOD tour not just a couple of ziplines, maybe a hanging bridges tour, hotsprings, or guided nature hike. We will head out early on July 12 and hope to make it to coast in about five hours. Considering beaches north of Jaco- Coco, Playa Hermosa, Playa Grande. Would like a pretty white sand beach though it doesn't have to be. This portion of trip is more about relaxing, although we may goon a dolphin tour or sailing or snorkeling one day or even take a sidetrip to Rincon. Any and all suggestions for beaches or places to stay in either place would be appreciated. We do not want a real touristy place at the beach where travelers are in a fancy hotel that could be anywhere but wish to be closer to the beach in a three or four star that can help us with tours. We want to end up on the coast because we fly out of Liberia on the 15th at noon and need to get up early and head for airport( a 45 to 90 minute drive depending on how far south down the coast we are. Any rental car co. suggestions would be appreciated also. THANKS for any and all help.
First time Costa Rica visitor seeks itinerary advice
- 1 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 2 Surfing Baja: Aacapulquito, Zippers and the Rock
- 3 Driving
- 4 Driving around costa ica
- 5 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 6 Nice, child-friendly timeshare in Cancun/Playa del Carmen
- 7 Campeche anyone?
- 8 Travel Route in Costa Rica - Tamarindo, Arenal, MonteVerde, Manuel Antonio
- 9 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 10 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 11 Belize in August with teens
- 12 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 13 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 14 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 15 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 16 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 17 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala
- 18 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 19 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 20 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 21 AI in Cancun vicinity
- 22 Cancun day trips
- 23 Quick CR Trip Report
- 24 Notorized Letter of Consent
- 25 4 days before heading to Sandos Playacar