After months of reading & planning, we've decided on the following itinerary. But please feel free to make other suggestions if the trip would flow better. We'll be spending a wk in the Florida Keys before arriving at SJO on Jan 21. We'll opt for the non stop Lasca flight which will get us there at 9:28am. We were hoping to fly to Tortuguero that day but it appears to only have flights at 6am so we'll opt for Orquideas Inn first day. Then 2 nts at Laguna Lodge, return on the bus, rent a car & head to Puerto Viejo & spend 4 nts at Pachamama & 2nt Banana Azul. While there we plan to do the aerial tram, chocolate tour, Bri Bri village & hopefully some snorkeling & diving if it looks promising. Also plan to visit Gandoca Manzanillo park, animal rescue center & take time to listen to the wild jungle & enjoy our surrounding. On the way back we plan to raft the Pacaure river for a day, spend the night at Tirimbina or maybe Selva Verde, visit Poas volcano & waterfall & the Sarapiqui area before returning to SJ. We've debated on the car so need feedback whether to rent or not. We were in CR 3 yrs ago & did MA, Arenal & Guanacaste so this time we want to stay in one place longer & just enjoy the jungle. We'll have at least 10-12 days to visit the area. Always appreciate your forum & feedback.
Fine tuning our Caribbean travels in CR
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Maya Riviera to Belize or Costa Rica or Panama?
- 2 The product is really effective in reducing
- 3 Food poisoning?
- 4 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 5 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 6 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 7 Mexico City
- 8 Do we need special insurance or driver's license for rental car in Mexico
- 9 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 10 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 11 Cruise with a 10 month old to Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico,and key west.
- 12 Flores to Chetumal by road without crossing through Belize
- 13 Central America travel over New Year's
- 14 Costa Rica after 15 years update me on driving
- 15 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 16 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 17 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 18 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 19 Costa Rica help
- 20 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 21 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 22 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 23 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 24 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 25 Belize in June?